R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-05-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default what crt.5 cluch set up?

im running at rev raceway in socal i would say its a med bit track the stock cluch shoes seem to work fine but would the aluminum one work better? and if so witch shoes should i run the 1.7 gram shoes,1.8 gram shoes,or 2.0 gram shoes and witch cluch springs the stiffer ones or the softer ones?
Associated B4 FT
XP digital servo
NOVAK GTX
checkpoint 12x2 modified
ktmusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Run the ofna blue aluminum shoes with 1 gold spring and 2 black springs. Great punch for that track. We run there every weekend.
Bad Dog Rc
www.baddogrc.com
www.speedtechrc.com
My rides

Jammin CRT.5 w/ OS .12 TZP 5
Team Losi 8ight-T w/ Ninja JX .21
stiffler297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run the stock shoes with our copper 1.0 springs runs great right Stiffler
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I run the Ofna 1.7g silver clutch shoes and the gold
springs. The Dynamite long life clutch shoes are also
a great set-up.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
Tech Adept

why do you miss match the springs? so is it easyer to just to put those copper sperings on?
Associated B4 FT
XP digital servo
NOVAK GTX
checkpoint 12x2 modified
Old 05-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
Tech Regular

The stock setup works great but I really like the punch I get with the mix of springs. Gives me a lot more bottom punch. Plus I like the feel of the aluminum shoes as well. Feel more consistant to me. But the stock set up is fine till you get more experience on the track. Rev can be brutal on these little cars if your not set up right. Or in R2's case, run with the bigger truggies.
Bad Dog Rc
www.baddogrc.com
www.speedtechrc.com
My rides

Old 05-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #7
Tech Adept

stiffler297 and R2 wich car is faster in a drag race?
Associated B4 FT
XP digital servo
NOVAK GTX
checkpoint 12x2 modified
Old 05-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Fellas, I just installed the Extended Chassis kit in my CRT .5 with the DM1 shocks in the front (waiting for the 13mm rears to arrive). I understand what a thicker clutch spring does but what effect does installing aluminum shoes have? R2, what makes the copper springs different from a regular 1.0 spring? Thanks!
morati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
Tech Adept

do you guy have any tip on setting up and tunning a picco off road red dot
.12?
Associated B4 FT
XP digital servo
NOVAK GTX
checkpoint 12x2 modified
Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the stock springs on the .5 the spring rate is .09mm and that makes the cluch engage sooner so you get a lilttle drag when you get on it or when you get off the gas into a corner your engine and clutch are still engaged and tend to carry the car futher out of the groove tending you to use more brake to get the car slowed down to make the corner, I like mine to be a little more snappy so I use the 1.0, using the 1.1mm on the compostite shoe will make rev even more higher but make the car why too agressive when you come out of the corner. It's good when you use an alumminum shoe becasue of the weight of the shoe and will have amost the same effect with comp.shoe and 1.0 but I save my clutch bell in the long run because an alumminum shoe grinds into the bell and will need to be replaced sooner

AS FOR THE SPEED OF STIFFLER AND I GOING DOWN THE STRAIGHT -WELL OF COURSE I GOT SAY MEEEEEE but Stiffler has dropped some ponies to make me look twice and I know that Stiff. puts some of those truggies to shame down the straight at Rev.when your fast like that dirt and smoke look cool
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #11
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
the stock springs on the .5 the spring rate is .09mm and that makes the cluch engage sooner so you get a lilttle drag when you get on it or when you get off the gas into a corner your engine and clutch are still engaged and tend to carry the car futher out of the groove tending you to use more brake to get the car slowed down to make the corner, I like mine to be a little more snappy so I use the 1.0, using the 1.1mm on the compostite shoe will make rev even more higher but make the car why too agressive when you come out of the corner. It's good when you use an alumminum shoe becasue of the weight of the shoe and will have amost the same effect with comp.shoe and 1.0 but I save my clutch bell in the long run because an alumminum shoe grinds into the bell and will need to be replaced sooner

AS FOR THE SPEED OF STIFFLER AND I GOING DOWN THE STRAIGHT -WELL OF COURSE I GOT SAY MEEEEEE but Stiffler has dropped some ponies to make me look twice and I know that Stiff. puts some of those truggies to shame down the straight at Rev.when your fast like that dirt and smoke look cool
Thanks R2. Been looking for the copper 1.0 springs but can't find them anywhere. From my searches I have found that the Copper ones are .9mm and the gold springs are 1.0. Which ones are you using?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post

Thanks for the compliments R2. I can keep up with the good guys down the straight but it's the corners that keep me from beating them. Although, with my new Hyper ST, I've already jumped from Beginner to Amateur. So next time we run the .5's, look out. Here comes the blue and white (faded, backwards) OS powered CRT.5 baby!
Bad Dog Rc
www.baddogrc.com
www.speedtechrc.com
My rides

Old 05-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #13
Tech Adept

bump
Associated B4 FT
XP digital servo
NOVAK GTX
checkpoint 12x2 modified
Old 05-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

aren't the stock shoes those rulon units? they are terribly slippery and provide zero grip. i would suggest the blue or purple aluminum ofna shoes.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #15
Tech Addict

According to my Owners Manual the stock clutch springs are the black 1.0mm ones (part #10102). The copper colored ones are .9mm (#10100) and the gold springs are 1.1mm.
I'm going to try the blue alum. shoes with two blacks and one gold spring (if I can find them at my LHS) and will report back after this weekend. I run the JLR Red Dot (onroad) motor with a 14t clutch bell.