OS Speed (XCustoms Head Mod)
Hitec 5995TG (S&T)
M11 & Spectrum.
Steve Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

+ 5 or 6 or whatever the count is on Go. I am not sponsored by Go, just a average Joe that has to put out his hard earned money for racing supplies. I have had 3 P5X and they were okay, nothing to write home about. I now have a Go 7 port turbo and am extremely happy with it. You can spend more money, but why? We have been conditioned to think that the more we spend, the faster / longer we will go, but that isn't true. Just go, "pun intended" to the GO Tech thread and talk to other average Joe's that run the engine. They will tell you what it is all about.
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
then you really dont know how to properly tune and break in a motor. I have a vspec that is pushind 6 gallons right now and still running stong. My lasy vspec lasted me a whole year (i run all year arround) that had about 9-10 gallons on it before it started to ghost flame.
I do know how to tune and break in a engine that is why I consider any engine that I get under 12 gallons on to be sub-par. If you are happy with an engine that lasts 9-10 gallons then thats fine. I myself am not. Like I stated I would love to hear from anyone who has 10 or more gallons on a vspec or go tech without repinching,rebuilding or replacing bearings. I mean no disrespect towards anyone or their products this is just my honest opinion,however please dont insult me by stating facts about myself that you have no idea about.
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #34
Tech Addict

I personally would not run a GO motor, i have seen allot of people have problems with these motors.

if i had 300 dollars, i would definitly without a doubt look into OS V-spec, Novarossi P5XS, Plus 21-5 (not the K version) RB S5..

and if you wanted to spend a little more than 300, buy an RB C6.

also i wanted to add, people who are sponsored by motor companies dont all run the motors because they HAVE to...some in fact choose to run such mills and have success running those motors.

i would rather listen to an individual who chose to run a motor and IS fast on the track than somebody who is just on a public forum telling me to buy some motor cause its cheap and fast....

Look at who is winning both in the sportsman classes and pro classes...you will rarely see people having complications with the motors listed above, but you will see people having problems with such GO engines.

not saying anybody is wrong or right, but thats just my personal opinion about choosing which motor to buy and who or what to take advice from.
Tonys Screws- Keeps you from getting screwed
Byrons Fuel- Makes the RC world go round
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
OK, so you have 300 bucks, and you need a new .21 what motor are you getting, and why.
This thread isn't going anywere because many different people will have a different experience with different products. You will not get a clear answer to your question.

My recommendation is to find a local fast guy at the track nearest you that you feel comfortable with. Ask him for his opinion and do what he says. Fast guys generally have a lot of experience and have tried many different options. If you ask 10 different people, your gonna get 10 different answers. Good luck!
Old 05-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevette View Post
This thread isn't going anywere because many different people will have a different experience with different products. You will not get a clear answer to your question.

My recommendation is to find a local fast guy at the track nearest you that you feel comfortable with. Ask him for his opinion and do what he says. Fast guys generally have a lot of experience and have tried many different options. If you ask 10 different people, your gonna get 10 different answers. Good luck!
great point!

also to add one other thing, i know allot of people dont believe 90% of whats read in most magazine articles, but i can honestly sit here and say, people at RC CAR magazine run at the very least, one engine review per month, well from what it seems anyhow.

you will see Stephen Bess run these motors at most of the more popular tracks in southern california, he breaks them down and gives an honest assessment, and runs them HARD...

check out monthly RC CAR mags and read some of their reviews, pretty spot on for the most part!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #37
Tech Master

Jesse, YGPM
Old 05-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
check out monthly RC CAR mags and read some of their reviews, pretty spot on for the most part!
XRC mag also prints dyno graphs to show power curves on all the engines they test which can be very helpful. Though in that respect it will only tell you about the engine..... the pipe choice will be a big determining factor.

Jammin's new JP-4 pipe is supposed to retain it's low end and produce a very nice mid to high end power and I chose it for my Nova. Might be worth looking into.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Im partial when it comes to these Dyno graphs, thats pretty cool and im sure it can be entertaining to most, but honestly, just like with real auto racing, the real test is at the track and at a race...a dyno will only take you so far.

I think Dynos can be a good tool to help aid in modding engines from what i hear, but i need more than just a dyno graph to help me make a choice on a new engine...especially if i am going to buy such engine to race with!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:18 PM   #40
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Budget Race Motor = RB

+1 for the RB line.

The new RB S7 L2G is a great motor for $260.00. Everyone knows longevity is what RB is known for. The S7 is plenty of motor even for big track action.

If enough people chime in, and you read and count the votes you will probably end up with RB vs OS. OS's are good motors but they do not run for 10 gallons on average. Some people may tell you otherwise but, "on average" the RB will last longer and perform just as well. The GRP is beyond the price range of $300.00, and is a new untested motor. Ask around the track and watch what motors sound and look good on the track. Be your own judge! If you can listen to what temps are called out in the pits vs what you saw of the motor on the track, you can make your own decision.

Personally, I have to have extreme power to keep up with the Pros I race against at my track. The RB C6BBT7 is the only motor under $400.00 that can compete with the modified motors & OS speeds the Pro drivers are running. So I run RB's, and I have what they have for power... but my motors seem to last much longer than theirs! Run time on my BBT is 9-10 minutes.
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
I havent got more then 4 gallons on a vspec, and i have had 3 of them, 1 being a speed.

Never get them hotter then 230, and the mechanical pinch is got after 3 gallons. After that, they dont idle well. And its not me, i have a 2 year old picco p3 team turbo with 8 gallons and i still need to use a heat gun.

I am going to try the grp in my buggy, but the speed in my truggy is already done, with 3 gallons, so i am either going to get it repinched or try out a RB C6BB.
Is that a bad thing or what?

I find that when I use a heat gun (hair dryer) on my engine, it makes it start first crack, whats wrong with that?
new to rc cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post
+1 for the RB line.

The new RB S7 L2G is a great motor for $260.00. Everyone knows longevity is what RB is known for. The S7 is plenty of motor even for big track action.

If enough people chime in, and you read and count the votes you will probably end up with RB vs OS. OS's are good motors but they do not run for 10 gallons on average. Some people may tell you otherwise but, "on average" the RB will last longer and perform just as well. The GRP is beyond the price range of $300.00, and is a new untested motor. Ask around the track and watch what motors sound and look good on the track. Be your own judge! If you can listen to what temps are called out in the pits vs what you saw of the motor on the track, you can make your own decision.

Personally, I have to have extreme power to keep up with the Pros I race against at my track. The RB C6BBT7 is the only motor under $400.00 that can compete with the modified motors & OS speeds the Pro drivers are running. So I run RB's, and I have what they have for power... but my motors seem to last much longer than theirs! Run time on my BBT is 9-10 minutes.
You are wrong. Its basically the same thing as the Ninjas and Falcon
GRP makes a lot of stuff for Novarossi and RB, they certainly have experience and a proven engine.
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #43
Tech Regular

i get at least 5 gallons on all my motors, then they go on the shelf. I wont believe, and you acnt make me belieev any engine with 5 gallons will out perform a motor with 1 gallon on it.

What problems have people had with the Go engines????
look on the forum, which motor has more problems????
Old 05-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by derricklong38 View Post
i get at least 5 gallons on all my motors, then they go on the shelf. I wont believe, and you acnt make me belieev any engine with 5 gallons will out perform a motor with 1 gallon on it.

What problems have people had with the Go engines????
look on the forum, which motor has more problems????
Actually it seems like motors right about to blow up run harder than the new ones. I agree that this seems odd but experience tells me otherwise. However I dont run them till the blow I run them till they start becoming unreliable.

I do know some people share your same opinion though. Just like some people put in a new glow plug when not needed just for insurance.
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #45
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

IMHO a Picco 21 is the fastest .21 money can buy...go spend $400.00 on a RB C6 and you will still be beat by a $200.00 Jammin JPX .21...... the Picco will also hold its pinch just about as long.....but Picco carbs are not up the standard of the rest of the motor IMHO...........But when it comes to power and speed the Picco is the cream of the crop, and I own the whole dam crop....in my collection I have Go 7 port, Picco P7R, Sirio CL7B STI, OS Speed, RB C6,Ninja .21, Ninja 28, OS 28, Jammin 28, and in my close knit group I have 21-7,P5X,JP VSpec,EB V-Spec, Max M5,Werks B7 Pro........out of all the .21's in my current crop the lowly JPX .21 takes the cake.... Also as a modifiert he Picco also has the highest port timing of the bunch, so its no accident its the fastest and most powerful...
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote