R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Isn't the Hyper 9 coming out soon? Would you want to wait around for that or bank on the 8.5 dropping in price when it does to save some cash...
Pauly6401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:00 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yer i was thinking that, and i was also thinking to wait for the hyper 9 to come out but i dont like the Losi 8ight design, like how its so skinny and i dont really like the idea of a tilted engine, im sure people will prove me wrong for what im about to say but i think the engine will only get lubricated on the one side, like one side more than the other,
thanks for all your replys,
Im going with the Hyper 8.5

Thanks

TTR:EB4
Old 05-10-2008, 01:07 AM   #18
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTR:EB4 View Post
yer i was thinking that, and i was also thinking to wait for the hyper 9 to come out but i dont like the Losi 8ight design, like how its so skinny and i dont really like the idea of a tilted engine, im sure people will prove me wrong for what im about to say but i think the engine will only get lubricated on the one side, like one side more than the other,
thanks for all your replys,
Im going with the Hyper 8.5

Thanks

TTR:EB4
The engine mills that are current are 2 stroke mills, (for stroke are still a fair time away) That means that the nitro motor we use are sumpless ( Oil in the sump) the motor gets its oil from in the fuel. Eg 10% oil or 5 and 5% is the combination of oil and synthetic.

As long as the motor is sucking fuel it will be fine as the oil is in the fuel.
The only way the motor will seize up is if you run to lean (heat) or the fuel is to low in % in oil...

I think the Hyper 9 is a winner in its concept of a narrow chassis ( less weight) and quicker transition of chassis balance and a angle motor to bring the biggest weight as close to the center line of the chassis.

Cant wait to see one on the track. Bring on the H9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtmCddStNyM

QLD State Titles winner in 6S EB CAT
MadRacer is offline   Reply With Quote