Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Chill-- I will definately hook you up, along with everyone else who is getting a truggy.

I will build it asap and then run it at the pro series, Then I will do some testing at Dalton and get a good strong base setup and post it for everyone.

Should be getting it on Monday according to Luther, minus a few parts that are still on the way. Carbon Fiber is definately worth the wait!
Old 05-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Alabama guys- I don't know if you saw it on the news, Brian I'm sure you probably have, a guy was killed in a plane crash on Saturday leaving Huntsville. It was a good friend of mine and the Hobbytown owner here in Florence. We will be having a Memorial race coming up soon. I will keep you informed.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sorry to hear about your friend, Chill. My condolences.

On a brighter note.....who with what truggy set the fastest laptime today...?
Me and the sx8t of course. I did a few minor tweaks and its getting even better. Just need to squeeze a little more low speed steering out of it for the small tracks.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Luther, call me.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well i did my first race this weekend and didn't finsh to good. I only made it into the D main but I broke a front shock on the first round off a large triple, and ran out of fuel on the secound,still running rich with new motor. On the third round I blew out a rear shock on the huge step up. I ended up finishing 3rd in the D main so I was happy with that for my first ever race. Next weekend I should be able to make it into the C main I hope. The buggy worked great other then the probs with the shocks but they are huge jumps and if you mess up they will break any buggy or truggy!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

I have broken 2 shock shafts but they came from a head on collision and I got rear ended. Other than that the buggy has done well. I just have motor issues and servo issues. I stepped up my servo so I hope to have that taken care of and with the motor I'm just going to lean it out and if it blows it blows.

Last edited by Chill_Will; 05-25-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nice!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well my front shock could have been from a pile up for sure that was before the jump. I rear ended a guy real bad. I took the rear shock apart and it was the piston that had broke into 3 pieces. The step up I broke it on is huge, there is a small double that you hit at 3/4 throttle just before the step up, If you hit it fast enough it will launch you 10' or so up. I missed the landing ramp and flat landed it.

I know how you feel about motors, I just lost my ws7II. it was low on pinch so I found a guy who re pinches them. It worked great tell I lost the con rod. I sold it broken for $125 and just bought a GRP today. Hope to have better luck with that. I must say I broke a couple small things on the buggy this weekend but after what I put it through it is one tuff buggy. What motor and servos are you using???

I really like the JR 9100s for throttle/brake and I got a hitech 7955TG on steering. They seem to work great with tons of speed and power!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Chill-- So sorry to hear the bad news, my best regards.

The car was awesome this weekend. TQ and 1st at Loganville trophy race. Barely edged out XRAY Driver David Leikam by 2 secs on qualifying. Only got two rounds of qualifying in and then the rain came down.

Car was very stable, and tons of turn in. Ran the new Proline Calibers and if you haven't tried then you need to. nuff said
Old 05-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Shannon, he will be missed. He is the one that got racing going in this area.
I looked at those tires and I think they will work great on our track.

Sluggo - I run the tuned GRP. I hope you have better luck than me. P3 turbo plugs work good in those and are half the price of the GRP plugs. I use a JR 9100s and I just got a Ace 1313.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default East Coast Nitro Series at The Farm II Charlotte NC

Hey guys Liam had a good weekend. I put together a new car for him I was up till 3am in the morning after practice Friday to Saturday. Racing started at 9:30am Saturday didn't really have time to set the car up right. With really fast guys running the East Coast Nitro Series. I decided to run Liam in sportsman class, he wasn't very happy about that. In sports man class he placed 3rd with really fast guys also after a flame out. I wish the main was 45 min and not 30min once he got going he was on rails. So here is what Liam was running SX-8 Ver.2008.5 Let me explain I brought light weight front and rear outdrives and beveled gears. Light weight center brake
outdrives is what I got from TQ racing. Light weight chassis braces Kyosho 48 tooth light weight spur gear 14 tooth clutch bell. I tryed to keep the car all plastic as far as all the blocks to keep it as light as possible. After a few teaks the car was on rails. He did break the rear plastic block switched it to alum block. The car felt way differant then the 2008 car. So right now Liam is running a 2008.5 car. We will get a 2009 version as soon as they come in. Thanks Luther and Jesse for getting the parts out so quickly.http://www.carolinasrc.com/forum/for....asp?TID=19288
Attached Thumbnails TQ Racing SX8-dsc09827.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-dsc09829.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-dsc09837.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-dsc09835.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-dsc09830.jpg  

Old 05-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Chill I will say a prayer for his family,Guys the sight is back up so you can do your online ordering.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Luther.

Way to go Liam.

We are suppose to have a good weekend here. I hope to hit the track for some practice Sat to improve my lap times for Sundays race.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Disel760
Hey guys Liam had a good weekend. I put together a new car for him I was up till 3am in the morning after practice Friday to Saturday. Racing started at 9:30am Saturday didn't really have time to set the car up right. With really fast guys running the East Coast Nitro Series. I decided to run Liam in sportsman class, he wasn't very happy about that. In sports man class he placed 3rd with really fast guys also after a flame out. I wish the main was 45 min and not 30min once he got going he was on rails. So here is what Liam was running SX-8 Ver.2008.5 Let me explain I brought light weight front and rear outdrives and beveled gears. Light weight center brake
outdrives is what I got from TQ racing. Light weight chassis braces Kyosho 48 tooth light weight spur gear 14 tooth clutch bell. I tryed to keep the car all plastic as far as all the blocks to keep it as light as possible. After a few teaks the car was on rails. He did break the rear plastic block switched it to alum block. The car felt way differant then the 2008 car. So right now Liam is running a 2008.5 car. We will get a 2009 version as soon as they come in. Thanks Luther and Jesse for getting the parts out so quickly.http://www.carolinasrc.com/forum/for....asp?TID=19288
get us some youtube action on Liam, ready to see some driving...sup to every one....
Old 05-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doc6
get us some youtube action on Liam, ready to see some driving...sup to every one....
Hey bro yall heading to nitro fever for the rcpro series. The 5-7. Hope so. Should be off the hook. Hell maybe chill will make a cameo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.