Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (96%+)

was thinking of ordering those up but do you guys use the springs that come with them?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcejk
was thinking of ordering those up but do you guys use the springs that come with them?
i do
Old 08-28-2008, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've been using TTR brakes from Carolinasrc. They hold up well through long mains.
I didnt realize TQ had those type of brakes...I'll have to give em a try!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Wow...broke the hinge pin holder? that had to be a god wack haha

The TQ option brakes are very nice..... very similar to the craddocks I carried through Advantage
Old 08-28-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcejk
I do too! Good brake setup... big difference from the stock ones.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Check back later, I'll post some pics of the new truggy build..
Old 08-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

sounding very interesting, cant believe how many brands are out with a buggy as well as truggy, mind blowing, can the class carry more buggies??? it is very tough to choose with so many brands wanting in on the action... but hey its a plus as well as minus... plus for consumers and minus in a way for those getting in on the action... finding hard to find a nitch in the market... buuut hey just buy one kit of each and they ll be alright, the brands that is hehe, wait and see, there are always or most of the time some that go bankrupt.... kool buggy would like to see a close up with all gear in without body....
Old 08-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

lots of pics on our site.... http://tqracing.net/

Lots of cars and lots of junk, lets be honest

This summer has opened the door wide open for new projects (like ourselves) to bring out new product.... with the "big" names going 6+ months without kits for sale in anticipation of new models, we've taken full advantage. I think you'll find while reading here and the grid that our product is as good if not better than 95% of the market.

Billy Easton began running our car alittle over a month ago (you can read about his results on the site also).... His car is 100% box stock, I know because I wrench on his stuff.... shock springs, brakes, everything is stock. I can honestly say that is very rare to have a competitive kit without adding a single part to improve the reliability these days.

If you have any specific questions about any or the parts on the car or design let me know
Old 08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Well said Tony
Old 08-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
lots of pics on our site.... http://tqracing.net/

Lots of cars and lots of junk, lets be honest

This summer has opened the door wide open for new projects (like ourselves) to bring out new product.... with the "big" names going 6+ months without kits for sale in anticipation of new models, we've taken full advantage. I think you'll find while reading here and the grid that our product is as good if not better than 95% of the market.

Billy Easton began running our car alittle over a month ago (you can read about his results on the site also).... His car is 100% box stock, I know because I wrench on his stuff.... shock springs, brakes, everything is stock. I can honestly say that is very rare to have a competitive kit without adding a single part to improve the reliability these days.

If you have any specific questions about any or the parts on the car or design let me know
yes i agree there are cars and there is junk
Old 08-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Dirt Racer

You raise some very good points. I always look at the company and the support the company provides for their product. With many of the other products you are not likely to find the same level of personal customer service that TQ provides. Not to mention the fact that you have easy access to the Racing Team, (Joe, Luther AKA Local Racer, others) and the Team Manager (Tony) right here on RCTech, the Grid or via Email. This is a HUGE resource in my opinion.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Those new brakes are insane. Picked some up when i was at the factory. Springs help allot, lets you get some sweet brakes without them binding or rubbing.

I have added the Xray laser cut brake pad for some extra stopping power, but its not really needed. They are twice as thick as the standard pad, which helps in longer runs i found..
Old 08-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
Wow...broke the hinge pin holder? that had to be a god wack haha

The TQ option brakes are very nice..... very similar to the craddocks I carried through Advantage
it was a good hit, i was going over one triple and i was dealing with brake fade all night and i tapped the brakes to bring down the front and well their was a delayed reaction and they stopped to late and i was at the lip of the jump ha. oh well
Old 08-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry the photos aren't the best, but I wanted to get some pics posted before shes not so new. I'm busy getting ready to leave for the Pro Series tomorrow.. The build is not quite stock. I added the TQ racing CNC front steering blocks, Jammin BB Blue Truggy springs, Sportworks "pro" linkage, TQ racing Upgraded brake kit, and Dace +6mm wheel hexes so I can run all my 1/2 offset wheels. The truck is a lil wider then stock now.. I'll fill you guys in on Monday, on how she went.

Last edited by jpalessi; 08-28-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the close ups Joe. Looks like allot of the parts are interchangeable with the buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.