TQ Racing SX8

Old 02-10-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any results from PNB in Atlanta how did TQ do?
Old 02-10-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I guess Tony is taking a break from TQ,from what i have read...

Last edited by CurtDawg; 02-10-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i wondered why tony was running a d8.. i guess i did not know that he left.. when did ryan and brent switch? i noticed the stickers last week sometime..
Old 02-10-2009, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Not sure but its been a little while now....
Old 02-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Ryan and Brent have both moved over to Sidewinder we still have Richard at the moment along with Billy Easton.It is hard in today's economy to carry such a large pro team and we were forced to make some changes.

We are still continuing with our program for 2009 and I am sure you guys will be happy with the results, it is a tough Market and there are alot of good cars available at the moment,so we have to work Xtra hard to make things better.

We are working with Bill at Bce to prototype our new chassis and Jconcepts for the new body,We have also decided to redesign some features on our truggy before it is released,the bar has been raised and we now we have to step up.

The team is doing well and we have some new additions that will give more great feed back to continue with the success of the car.

We have Bobby Phillips of Jab Graphix on board he was able to put the car 4th on the grid in his first outing in a highly contested Florida race seen.

We also are continuing our RD with some pro guys for continued feed back to improve the car.

Guys we are going to have a great year.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Default PNB

I spoke with Brian and he said the car was really good he noticed a significant change in the cars performance with the new parts.

We have also got some great news on the buggy's gearing,we have switched to a 10 pinion with a 43 diff gear changing the ratio to match the newer cars on the market. You will now be able to run a larger pinions like 14,15,16 which have become more popular.

The New Chassis will move more unsprung weight off the rear allowing you to run lighter springs and oils for more squat and increased rear traction,and better jumping.

Stay Tuned
Old 02-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

With the light weight parts installed the car is alot light at 7lb. 6oz. with fuel..Thats a big difference.Now with the gears we have the car will rocket out of corners...Oh Yea
Old 02-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Luther - Make it happen. I'm missing racing Truggy.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Default Working on it

I am working on it right now,we have some really good things going on so be ready.We are making some changes to keep things moving forward it is a very tough market.

As soon as we are done with the Buggy it will be 100% Truggy we now what we have to do,its just getting the time to do it.

Thanks
Luther
Old 02-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Disel760
Any results from PNB in Atlanta how did TQ do?
I was curious as well, I seen Brian and Doc a couple times but did not really get to talk much. Although everyone had to endure the same schedule this was the first year for those guys. When I seen Brian and Doc I just laughed because they looked like two old tired men IT's a hard race if you get caught off guard with your sleep schedule.

Much like I did the year before..lol.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Now you see why I didn't go.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It's a great race to go to Will, just gotta plan. It's a awesome track, well ran, sportsman guys got tons of prizes and the pro classes paid out big.

I'll tell ya how we did it...

I got in Thursday morn to pick up Adam and Mike. So we got a good nights sleep. Practice started at 7 am but we slept in till about 9 and got to the track a 10 am. Practiced all day until maybe 10pm, got some grub, hit the sack for another good nights sleep.

Saturday Morning showed up at 8:30, raced and qualified all day until after the second round at midnight, Adam and Mike slept from then till about 8-9 sunday morning. I chose to get back up at 5am for my last round and then slept from 6:30-9:30am. Then of course after the event we was in bed by 11pm.

I seen some guys who tried to pull of 3 days of racing with 4 hours of sleep
Old 02-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry for the late post about the PNB.

I had to leave the race after my first qual because I became so sick from the dirt & the fumes from inside the track. I have raced alot of indoor gas races but his time it got me big time. ( I am still sick now )

With the new parts on the car I felt on pace during practice to make the A main in pro buggy. Many of the guys that I run with made the main so I am sure I would have been close.

I hope to get them at the next race.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

Hey everyone,

I too like brian got really sick. Today was my first day back at work. I felt fine until Sat. i got worse and worse and I had tons of bad luck. the car was definately on pace and fast. I turned 50 flat lap times in the 3rd qual. with no sleep and feeling like I had been ran over with a Mac truck.

I was so pumped about this race and looked for a good showing, unfortunately I didnt get what I was looking for.

However, the car was really good, very fast, lightweight parts made an AMAZING difference,

Next big race is the Pro Series in March in myrtle beach, where I finished 2nd behind Ryan Maifield, so I am looking for a great showing up there.

Want to say a big thank you to Doc and Brian for all your pit help and it was great hanging out with the TQ Team.

Chill-- sorry I haven't called you back, just not felt good enough to get online and so forth.

Luther--- The Pro Series Race is March 27th do you think the truggy will be ready then or should I plan to run my Losi? Thanks again for a great car!
Old 02-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
I was curious as well, I seen Brian and Doc a couple times but did not really get to talk much. Although everyone had to endure the same schedule this was the first year for those guys. When I seen Brian and Doc I just laughed because they looked like two old tired men IT's a hard race if you get caught off guard with your sleep schedule.

Much like I did the year before..lol.
Thanks for support, You looked beat-down to Alan, i was tired and had bad luck in qualifying but i still had a great time and i will know how to handle it for next year, a hotel is a definite in the mix for the pnb next year.... haven't talked with Brain K yet but i will probably see him in cullman on the 21st of this month Con grads on making the main event in pro buggy Alan...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.