R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #1006
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock32 View Post
Are you running at smac any? I havnt had a chance to break the electric stuff out....I've been finishing my basement and thats taken a lot of my time. Just got it all textured and primed....Ready for paint tonight and trim work!!!! Im so tired of that damn basement...lol
We have also gone to Indy's new indoor nitro track. Its a great place to run as the track is very large for indoor. I think its 150' x 75' or so....We are going back up the weekend after Christmas which is Jan 3

I was runnin up there the first few weeks. Its real real nice compared to last year... but electric just isnt as fun... My dad and I have been racing nitro for almost 9 years... He's my mechanic and im the driver haha... its alot more fun and nothing to me will compare to 1/8th scale. I've got a table still down there at scotts track but im gonna pick it up saturday because i dont see myself going down there enough if anymore. it kills my whole saturday and just isnt as fun... but the facillity is great!!

CANT WAIT FOR NITRO!!
RyyRyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:05 AM   #1007
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

RyyRyy - You can also consider our track record in your equation.

We dont have axles breaking - Like the D8
We dont have fuel tank issues - Like the RC8
We dont have rear hubs breaking - Like the MP9
We dont have steering knuckle issues - Like the Z01B
We dont have Shock Towers breaking - Like the MBX6
We dont have CVD/Ring and pinion issues - Like the Losi
You dont have the tear the car apart to charge the receiver pack - Like a hyper9

And we have one of the best price tags.... you can easily run a full summer on one car kit.... with regular maintenence.

As far as the update kit, we will have that available to current customers for a very good price... all the parts other than the chassis are to lighten the car and for added acceleration. Theyre not totally necessary but it will improve the performance of the car considerably.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #1008
Tech Apprentice

Default Liam Santos

Tony my best to Billy and Luther. I going to slap a couple SX-8 sickers On Liams car for 2009. I have read this whole thread i just could not post for some reason. I got it know just trying to upload few pic's haveing trouble.
Attached Thumbnails
TQ Racing SX8-dsc089752.jpg  
Alberto Santos Kyosho WC 777 Plus
Disel760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:21 AM   #1009
Tech Master

Thanks again team for helping another racer make a good decisionI will answer some questions right now which I hope you finalize your decision.We at TQ are determined to give our customers the most competitive car we can.

We have created a team that will give accurate information for all racing conditions around the country.

The original Z8 and SX8 were different because of specs,we equipped the SX8 for American style tracks.

Now for 09 we have made some considerable changes to enhance the cars performance.We lightened the cars drive line 75% which will increase acceleration.With tire manufactures increasing traction these cars need to get the power to the ground faster and more efficiently.

Longer Chassis =longer wheelbase = more stability

Graphite Shock Towers=lighter weight along with some moved shock mounting positions for optional shock angles.

We will offer this as a upgrade for the 08 car, it will all bolt right on and you will be ready to rock

Also great support we are here when ever you need us.
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:25 AM   #1010
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post

You dont have the tear the car apart to charge the receiver pack - Like a hyper9

And we have one of the best price tags.... you can easily run a full summer on one car kit.... with regular maintenence.

As far as the update kit, we will have that available to current customers for a very good price... all the parts other than the chassis are to lighten the car and for added acceleration. Theyre not totally necessary but it will improve the performance of the car considerably.
SX-8 for the price is just as good or better then any of the major brands. As Tony stated the SX-8 dosen't have the issuses of the big brands.My son ran this buggy for 2008 and will run the same buggy for 2009.I might get the lighten parts. I feel the car the way it is great with the lighten parts will be awesome. Rear shock towers and arms for Kyosho is a big problem WC777. for the MP9 I have seen a couple of guys not even finish a race because of broken arms.My son at Psyhco Nitro Blast broke nothing me and my friends at every trun broke somthing.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #1011
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jrock32

10-4 Tony! Hey, I did break a knuckle a couple of weeks ago when it was
17* outside....Are the Alumn ones a lot better?
Old 12-19-2008, 09:29 AM   #1012
Tech Fanatic

O....btw as far as carnage goes, my buddy and I raced in Indy a couple of weeks ago. It was his first time out with his new 6...which im not bashing but when he cased the triple and flipped onto his lid, it broke the rear shock tower, diff case, shock ends and bent both shock shafts....about $85 in parts....ouch!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:43 AM   #1013
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock32 View Post
10-4 Tony! Hey, I did break a knuckle a couple of weeks ago when it was
17* outside....Are the Alumn ones a lot better?
After running for eight mouths with the stock Knuckle the one on my son's buggy finally gave out. I have always had the alumn ones. But didn't put them ontil October .I just wanted to see how long they would last,they lasted a long time.

Last edited by Disel760; 12-19-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:51 AM   #1014
Tech Fanatic

yeah, mine lasted about 6 months and prob the only reason it broke was due to it being 17* outside....I've only broke the knuckle and a front shock shaft and that was due to hitting a car at the end of the str8! Im very impressed w/ the durability....
Old 12-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #1015
Tech Champion

The CNC knuckles are more durable than the stockers.....
Old 12-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #1016
vr6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ALOT TO READ!!!!!

anywho. myself, i love the sx8, it drives alot like a 777wc, but with a little better tightness. i as very happy so far with the sx8.

i'm very proud to be on this great team. the support is top notch. 2009 is going to be a better year for me.

just buy the sx8 and smile to a great racing season in 2009

Also my local track Race em r/c. Rockford Illinois
vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #1017
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post

I would have to agree with tony here ,i can't sell any parts apart from bumpers as nothing wears or breaks.

Tony please keep me informed about the light kit and may you all have a merry christmas and a happy new year .

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #1018
Tech Champion

Thanks Angelo, you too
Old 12-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #1019
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Thanks Guys!!

I'll be gettin mine in a few weeks!!

Can't Wait!!
RyyRyy is offline   Reply With Quote