Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey TQ guys I've got lots of TQ SX8 Parts Plus Buggy & Truggy Kits for sale Click Here if you are interested.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
It'll be ready... I picked up cartrights vspec untill the HP shows up

Next weekend is a 50/50, might have a xmas party to go to.
So he never want's to run it again?

Bring candy canes to the track and pass them out, that sounds like a good enough xmas party!
Old 12-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kamlooper
Ya Greg I wondered the same thing. Hes into indoor electric for the winter months.
Have you guys noticed that the sx8 seems to have no issues compared to many other cars out there? The only real issue I know of was the bumper and that was on the original version nanda, a year ago.
Have you driven the car? Do you own one? The car does have some major issues re: 4*16 C-Hub Kingpin screw coming undone, can’t even finish a race.. The car also develops considerable amount of front end slop very quickly < 10 tanks and the front end wobbles. I own the car and patiently persisting with it.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesussaves
Have you driven the car? Do you own one? The car does have some major issues re: 4*16 C-Hub Kingpin screw coming undone, can’t even finish a race.. The car also develops considerable amount of front end slop very quickly < 10 tanks and the front end wobbles. I own the car and patiently persisting with it.
Had mine for a year now. Have not had the issues you are experiencing. Slop I have is the bearings in the front hubs, nothing worse then the other brands though.
Night and day difference compared to the cen I drove least year, only way it would finish a race was if it was towed by sx8
Old 12-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Jesussaves:
I have put some time on mine but nothing like a full season. I have learned that in this hobby, nothing is perfect and rebuilding is part of the business.
Their may be a better buggy on the shelves than the SX8 but your going to pay dear for them and pretty much end up with the same conclusion.
I have heard alot of news about some of the newest equipment out there and nothing is real impressive.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Todd - He's all orion motors now

JesusSaves - Use CA on metal to metal screws, problem solved

I have 3 cars, ran just about 4 cases of fuel this year and had one knuckle ruined because of the same screw... my fault though, ran a 3 day race without checking them before the main
Old 12-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesussaves
There is not a perfect car out there. Just mention the problem to TQ and I'm sure they will try to find a solution. That's why they test parts all the time to try to make it better.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey whens the light weight upgrade package coming out for the sx8?
Old 12-13-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Todd - He's all orion motors now

JesusSaves - Use CA on metal to metal screws, problem solved

I have 3 cars, ran just about 4 cases of fuel this year and had one knuckle ruined because of the same screw... my fault though, ran a 3 day race without checking them before the main
Tony, are you saying don't use Loctite? Because I have used both Red/Blue loctite without any luck re: 4*16 C-Hub screw. The only CA glue that is available currently is Zap will that be sufficient. Would it possible to use Tyre glue?

Thanks for the tip Tony.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Jesussaves - It should be the same.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I use blue locktight and problem solved. Just be careful you don't get it in the bushing or on the cvd like i did!!! I also put locktight on the 4*16 that hold the steering post to the chassis.
Also, check and see if you have 5mm's of spacers on your upper arms. I was running 4mm total and it was sloppy. You should be running 5mm total. You might have a bearing out as well...
Old 12-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I use medium CA on most of the screws instead of loctite....

Just put a tiny bit in the hole and run the screw in, I guarrantee you wont have one back out again. When you take it apart down the road you'll have to clean the CA off bolt threads with a knife, but at least it wont fall apart.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jrock32
I use blue locktight and problem solved. Just be careful you don't get it in the bushing or on the cvd like i did!!! I also put locktight on the 4*16 that hold the steering post to the chassis.
Also, check and see if you have 5mm's of spacers on your upper arms. I was running 4mm total and it was sloppy. You should be running 5mm total. You might have a bearing out as well...
Thanks, tried both Red and Blue locktite but with no luck, will check spacers and bearings.

I use medium CA on most of the screws instead of loctite....

Just put a tiny bit in the hole and run the screw in, I guarrantee you wont have one back out again. When you take it apart down the road you'll have to clean the CA off bolt threads with a knife, but at least it wont fall apart.
Thanks, this what I was looking for.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Thanks guys,Let me hit few more small points also.We at TQ understand that any car we bring to the market will have something that needs to be addressed.1/8 scale nitro is very demanding on a car, and with all the company's going lighter and faster you are going to sacrifice something.

Our goal is to continue to improve our car so our customers will enjoy there racing,if you feel you might have a faulty part please feel free to send it back and we help in any way.

Thanks for your support
Old 12-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Guys,

I am thinking about joining the TQ team and wanted to get some points of view from current drivers and others.

I believe the car is good enough to win and sounds like its very durable. So I really have no worries about the car and its ability. My biggest concern is teamwork, I know alot of other companies and drivers that do not talk to each other, share ideas and even at the track do not pit together or even talk to each other. Does the TQ team really work together, share setups, how is customer service as far as ordering your parts how long does it take to get them and so forth.

I should be reviewing the contract sometime today and hope to become part of a great growing company TQ RACING.

Thanks for everyones feedback.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.