Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #826
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I will be getting over a hangover.
Chill_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #827
Tech Master

Jaco we are hard at work with the new parts please keep looking because they are on the way.
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #828
vr6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

-jesussaves- well because i fixed the steering problem before ever running the car, i had no problems with steering at all.

well my 1st day out with the car was AWESOME: the build, material is top quality, the overall handling, jumping, maitenance is spot on.

i struggled with setup because i only started with newlands setup but went with heavier oils for high indoor traction track.

-brian kadow- thanks for the oil recommends. not to far off. ended up with 40front (losi) 35 rear(losi)

big questions now. the brakes that come with the car are not up to pace. i need to change out this setup. anyone have suggestions. the option TQ brakes are out of stock at comp prod. doesn't look like carolinas has them either. so i need something great that works and i need it fast.

also, are there additional shock pistons or springs to buy and use. my shocks don't rebound very well and i want to try either more holes or larger holes. maybe a 1.5mm 6 hole. need them to rebound better.

because i only got about 4 mins of practise and i was messing with shock oil combo's, i qualified bad(don't want to say)

but i do like the this car, i thank i fell in love with racing 1/8 scale all over again

just wanted to also say thanks to jesse thomas and the people at competition products for their sponsorship support with TQ Racing SX8 and TQ fuel.

also thanks to brandi there too for her time to help me out with what i have needed and may need in the future.

1 last thing. need more fuel mileage. so far the fuel hasn't been working for me the mpg dept.

sirio sti 5+2 port long stroke with sirio 2013 pipe. stock restrictor too os p3 plug

Also my local track Race em r/c. Rockford Illinois
vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #829
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Try these rotors. When with OCM I ran losi rotors with no issues and super smooth action. Don't be bothered by the different sizes....if they fit you'll love em...

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idproduct=6688
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #830
vr6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

the losi ones will fit no prob without having to modify anything to them

Also my local track Race em r/c. Rockford Illinois
vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #831
Tech Master

Default No problem

Vr6 we are working on springs right now but if you want to try some other springs the ofna ones work very well,As far as pistons I have not tried any others,do you have the piston in the shock concave down?

I would also play with the shock oil I would expect its really cold inside the track area,I would really go light with the shock oil.

Try ofna blues in the front and our silvers in the rear.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #832
Tech Master

Vr6 the avid mugen rotors will fit fine also
Old 11-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #833
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I have finshed up a review that will be in a magazine real soon. I found this buggy to be flawless and really took me by suprise. From building the kit to wheeling it around the track, I'm impressed. Good job to TQ.

Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #834
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For anyone having problems with the servo saver tube top bearing binding on the graphite top plate, replace the original bearings, lower and upper, with rubber sealed bearings for an RC8. I guess there is a little difference in the tolerances. After doing this I was able to tighten the top plate, without shimming it, while maintaining a free working steering linkage.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 PM   #835
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wassup TQ racers.
Chill_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #836
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys it's been a while since I've reported from NorCal. Took both the buggy and the truggy out for one of the final races of the season at a local club. Took 1st in the B and made the bump with the buggy and placed 7th in the A.. This is a respectable finish for me considering the competition. As for the Truggy it was almost flawless for only the second time out with it (racing) I managed a podium spot with 2nd place... the prototype has proven to be as durable as the buggy and very nimble and a big plus it jumps like a dream, floating over the big jumps with little run up speed.

Calling all SX8 buggy drivers please post your favorite setups, I'm still struggling with my buggy setup a bit and would like to see yours.. team guys lets get these setups together... maybe they can post them up on the TQ site.

Also me and a couple of other guys are gearing up for the "Turkey Day Enduro" We'll be putting the SX8 through it's paces with a 3 hour enduro race this weekend.
BuckarooGear.com
carlosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #837
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
For anyone having problems with the servo saver tube top bearing binding on the graphite top plate, replace the original bearings, lower and upper, with rubber sealed bearings for an RC8. I guess there is a little difference in the tolerances. After doing this I was able to tighten the top plate, without shimming it, while maintaining a free working steering linkage.

I used a set of rubber sealed bearings from Avid, and they solved the problem
Old 11-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #838
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jrock32

I have been using the Advantage ttr rotors for the Mugen. I had to dremel the opening a bit as the TQ outdrives are a bit larger in diameter than the mugen. I also opened up the rotor guides that attach to the center diff mount since the ttr rotors are a bit wider then the stockers.

I've also been testing the lightened drive train and I really like it. Overall it lightens up the car and slows down the rotating mass which helps with any off power push.
-when building the diffs i noticed they were not quit as smooth when using the new outdrives. I used two gaskets and problem solved.

I have been fighting set up a bit on the buggy on loose bumpy tracks, but know with a little time it will be on point. I've put it in the A main consistently at DB's and took 2nd at a recent money race. With club members like Wheeler, Gosch, Pucci, etc, I feel it is very competitive!

I've been toying around with different gears on the truggy and running a 50T spur and a 13T CB. With 43T ring and 10T pinion. both spiral cut. Some had to dremel the chassis to get the gears to mesh correctly although I found that if you use the buggy center diff mount and shim them up about 2.25-2.5mm you do not have to dremel the chassis at all. Furthermore it lowers the center diff and you can remove the throttle servo spacer thus lowering the center of gravity. I havenít tested it yet, but plan on running the buggy and truggy at Leisure Hours Dec 6 for there indoor champs race...I'll report with the outcome!
I want to thank Luther, Jessie, Tony and the TQ Team for the support and a great year! I look forward to 2009 and moving forward with the buggy and truggy!
Ya'll have a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday...
btw...Hook'em Horns and "How bout them Cowboys"! :P
Old 11-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #839
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just wanted to post a few pics of my new ride. Finished her up at about 3 am this morning .
The parts quality and engineering is flawless.
A feature that I thought was interesting was the built in drain on top of the fuel tank that drains excess fuel to the ground instead of spilling into the chassis. The big bore shocks assemble EASILY, I've never put shocks together so quickly. You also receive the original smaller diameter shocks, a good backup or option to try different set-ups. The car also comes with a pair of rear wheel scrapers, they will need to be trimmed to fit the wheels you plan on running.
This is a great car that is headed in the right direction. With the exceptional support that TQ offers to their customers, anyone considering this car will not be let down.
I have not driven this car yet, this Saturday will be it's maiden voyage at Thanksgiving Thunder in Gadsden,Al. Anyone in the area that would like to see the car just look me up. If anyone has any questions about assembly and/or handling characteristics, don't hesitate to ask !

I'd like to give a big THANKS to TQ Products and Team, also Brian K. for set-up info and help.
Richard

Old 11-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #840
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jrock32

Looks great! Good luck to ya in AL....Let us know what worked and didnt work for you....

Does anyone have an "editable" TQ set up sheet???