R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-19-2008, 11:08 AM   #796
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Alan, you are a little late on him talking to Richard and Doc. They have been coming up to N Alabama and racing with us. You say Brian needs to come down there. What about you coming up here?

Brian, I was thinking about knocking the second one down but keeping the first one.
Chill_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #797
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm not opposed to that at all will. But I just look at where the bulk of the racers will be and I go. For Alabama it's usually one of those tracks with the largest numbers going to the snakepit. So I'm fortunate and just drive a few minutes to race.

I agree with supporting all tracks. My point was it's better for Brian to hit it up and get in all the action. It does him no good to be the fastest dude by laps in a 5 minute quali when he can show up and race with 10-20 guys who can have a shot. Plus it's more fun

Shoot man, your welcome as well. Actually thats what I had in mind. I got plenty of extra bedrooms.

One thing I have learned over the years is that for whatever reason "most" racers will tend to flock to a specific track. For the entire state I feel that track is the Snakepit. Just like before Shelby closed it was always Shelby with the largest numbers. For guys like Brian, Richard, Myself, or anyone sponsored your Sponsor kinda wants you to hit the area's with the fastest guys or the bulk of the racers.

Send me a few dates on your local track though(pm me)
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #798
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeezer View Post
Hey guys, I've installed a set of TQ shocks on my Kyosho ST-RR Truggy, but I'm having a problem with the front arms. To get them to a level position, I've had to adjust the pre-load collars all the way down and this just doesn't seem right to me. I'm using 50wt oil with the blue(hard) Jammin springs. Any ideas as to what might be wrong here??? I appreciate any help, thanks!!
I knew someone who tried Nanda/TQ Big Bore shocks on their K STR and found them too short, either in the front or the back I donít know., he just said they were the wrong length.
Jesussaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #799
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Alan, our races are on the 4th Sunday every month. It's been posted on different websites and theads that you read. I never got a chance to come there because no one had a schedule. Then when a race is posted it's the same day I had plans to go elsewhere. Hopefully next year it will be better.

Brian, I will holla at you lata.
Chill_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #800
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i dont recall ever seeing a tq at the snakepit. i would
love to see how it performs their!
burnettk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:33 PM   #801
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnettk View Post
i dont recall ever seeing a tq at the snakepit. i would
love to see how it performs their!
You will soon!
Old 11-19-2008, 11:01 PM   #802
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

LOOOK HERE

2 TQ Racing Supercross 8"s SX8
Old 11-20-2008, 01:31 AM   #803
vr6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey guys, got a prob. as soon as i tighten the screw that holds the steering tie rod to the cast knuckle, the steering system gets hard to turn(seems to be left side only). also, how can i get the smoothest steering out of this car, i cant tighten any of the screws that hold the carbon top plate(sits over steering rack) to setup tight or it binds the steering.

please help, i want to race this weekend

Also my local track Race em r/c. Rockford Illinois
vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:56 AM   #804
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesussaves View Post
Iím pretty sure the Nanda Sliver springs are the same as TQ White Springs, also I have heard some folks using Kyosho Blue Springs. Someone else might what to chime in and confirm this.
yes nanda has only one set of springs so racers are using Kyosho springs .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 06:39 AM   #805
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Brian...

Is the tq/sx8 team going to make it to the Thanksgiving Thunder race in Gadsden? It's now only a one day race with practice on a all new layout on Friday. They got guys coming from Arkansas, and Memphis, and of course the locals. Entry limit is 125 and it was near that last year.

LAst year Lopez, Newsome, Danny V, and all the georgia crowd came. SOme guys made the trip from texas and virginia.

You guys try to make it and lets do some racing
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:36 AM   #806
Tech Fanatic

As of right now, NO. I will be in Chicago for the holiday and I am not sure when I will be back. If we decide to come back Friday, I will try to make it down there for that one.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #807
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

I'm still alive.... just lurking
Tony Newland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #808
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6 View Post
hey guys, got a prob. as soon as i tighten the screw that holds the steering tie rod to the cast knuckle, the steering system gets hard to turn(seems to be left side only). also, how can i get the smoothest steering out of this car, i cant tighten any of the screws that hold the carbon top plate(sits over steering rack) to setup tight or it binds the steering.

please help, i want to race this weekend
Re steering: I think it could be your metal insert that could be buckled, or out of shape. Take both L/R out and have a look closely. I had a similar problem with the inserts, when tighten it wasn't seated properly in machined section of the knuckles ( Itís a close and tight fit) my steering locked as well, from memory it could be the bottom inserts that are giving you theheadaches.

Hope this is of some help.
Jesussaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:02 AM   #809
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian kadow View Post
As of right now, NO. I will be in Chicago for the holiday and I am not sure when I will be back. If we decide to come back Friday, I will try to make it down there for that one.
you gonna stop by joliet?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #810
Tech Fanatic

Change of plans I will be making the race at T-Bird now.

Allen, we plan on being up there for X-Mas now and If I have time I will stop by Leisure hours for sure.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote