R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #691
Tech Fanatic

That is awsome to hear, you will love it.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #692
Tech Rookie

Hello! This is my first time posting on RCTECH but I read this forum all the time. A few weeks ago I got a chance to drive both the TQ buggy & truggy, and I must say that they are both sweet handling machines. Thanks to Carlosm I will be running the SX8 buggy and plan on running the truggy when it is available to the public. I normally run the Losi 8ight-T but I think that the SX8 is well balanced and more than capable of podium positions. Anyway I just wanted to give you guys my first impression of the SX8.

Thanks again Carlosm!
josh8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #693
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Any new setups? what were the guys running at the worlds?
clay104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #694
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcejk

clay104: i wasnt at the worlds but i have been running on various tracks out here in AZ and i have a good dry track setup thats close to my wet track. once i get them uploaded i will post them up for you and everyone else.

On a good note, had a great club race with the car again! Every time out with the buggy i am getting more people looking at it and talking about it. i also got some good comments about it as well tonight. i was able to put up a 2nd place in the A main tonight. On the track we were running i was able to do the hero lap and throw down the fast lap of the night with a 24.92.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #695
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Welcome Josh!

rcejk: What was your setup TQ Man!
BuckarooGear.com
carlosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #696
Tech Regular

im at work now but once i get home and get a chance to figure out how to change up the setup sheets on the comp i will get those posted tonight! i have found three good set ups for 2 different tracks. ones a smaller track that they can run loomy and then wet later on as the night goes on and then at the Nitro Pit witch is a big track and is usually wet with good traction so i will post those up. After getting almost 4 gallons on the chassis i am very pleased how everything is wearing and how i finally got everything figgured out!

Last night when i was running the buggy i noticed how tight the buggy turned off power and also saw how alot of buggies pushed through the corners with it. Just goes to show with some setup and time on the buggy it can be really competetive!

On another note i also recieved a trophy from the State Race so the SX8 took home a sweet looking trophy!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #697
Tech Rookie

Well I raced sx8 for the first time and it did well. I basicaly used the standard setup and had very little run time on it. During the first heat race I placed 2nd and got 5th in the second heat. That put me in the expert buggy B main 1st position. I ended up taking 2nd in the race and bumped up to the A main. I sat in 10th on the starting line, we were doing gate starts so it was basicaly a drag race to the first turn. At the start I took a 5th position and never dropped back, I did hold 2nd for a while but in the end I fell to the 5th place position. I was happy with the way the buggy performed especially since the track was rutted up and very loose. The competition is stiff but I think with some time and setup I shouldn't have a problem getting a podeum win with the SX8.
josh8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #698
Tech Regular

josh8t: Awesome job! I believe you'll really like the buggy and itll turn some heads at the track!
Old 10-26-2008, 03:39 PM   #699
Tech Fanatic

I got another TQ & win with my SX8 this weekend. I TQed all three rounds and won the main by 3 laps.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:42 PM   #700
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian kadow View Post
I got another TQ & win with my SX8 this weekend. I TQed all three rounds and won the main by 3 laps.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #701
Tech Regular

Quote:
Congrats! Seams like everything is coming together now with the cars!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #702
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeah Brian, your buggy looked good all day. Stable and glued to the track. You were able to turn in unders those RC8s
Chill_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #703
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Where were you guys B?

You making it down for the Fall Brawl($2750 payout) this weekend?

Also, I was looking and noticed that Carolinas stocks the car and parts! That will be good if you get some locals running it, only about two days away on parts with ground.

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...dcategory=1485
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:44 AM   #704
Tech Fanatic

I raced at the S.H.A.R.K. track in Florence Al. What a nice track and some fun people to race with. Track layout was very technical also.

I will not make the $$$ race, I will be racing at the 6th anual XTreme race at Cullman this weekend.

I hope to see more people run this car in the area also.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #705
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Alan - We had a Trophy race at my home track. No, I will be at the Xtreme also.

Brian - S.H.A.R.C. Raceway. lol
Chill_Will is offline   Reply With Quote