Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #676
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local racer View Post
Mixed Guy we can email you a manuel if you need one also please feel free to call us if there is anything else you need.

Guys I now you are anxious FOR THE NEW PARTS so I will give you a few hints,

Carbon Fiber Shock Towers
Light weight out drives
Light weight diff gears
Longer Main Chassis with New weight Bias
New 83 mm wheels
and you said i was crazy...Happy to see the lightened parts, and a new chassis coming..
Old 10-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #677
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is Tony West out of town this week?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:17 AM   #678
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default k

thanks for help guys. got mine this morn looks sweet. noticed it had a broken steering knuckle. i wanna race it sat bad. will any other steering knuckle fit on this this?
mixedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:38 AM   #679
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TCook

Hey Will. Not too much, goin to school, racin and workin lol

Sweet, glad to hear about the new parts.
ETA? lol

-JConcepts-Kustom RC Graphics-Coldfusion Fuel-JAB Graphix-
TCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #680
Tech Fanatic

Dont forget to talk to Jason for me this weekend Trey.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #681
Tech Master

No you need our knuckles carolinas rc has them along with stormer and rc pro center on ebay.
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #682
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcejk

Cant wait to see those new parts!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #683
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to dgraham225

still have my TQ buggy for sale, heres the link!

NANDA/TQ buggy for sale!!

great car, just no longer racing.. this would be a great buy for somene looking into this car!! $300 shipped for 2 buggies and a bunch of spares!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #684
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

how does the sx8 handle compared to the rc8? Better, worse, more steering? I have a rc8 and it is really good but I have my eye on the sx8
Old 10-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #685
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
how does the sx8 handle compared to the rc8? Better, worse, more steering? I have a rc8 and it is really good but I have my eye on the sx8

I know you own a RC 8, this is just my opinion on what I have seen 1st hand:

I have seen a RC8 at my local track straight out of the box with a brand new lean bogging OS V Spec the acceleration is better then any other buggy I have seen. It just rolled up to the jumps hit the gas it cleared jumps well, looked good. I have never driven one, but to me they seem to jump really well better than the other buggies I have seen at my local track, which includes Xray 808, Mugen 5R, Losi and the Hyper 8ís.

The SX8 is solid car with Tonyís set up it handles well and the ware rate is good, it also offers good steering. The other bonus factor to take into consideration is Tony is really helpful with set ups and other helpful tips that he offers, he and the other drivers do a lot of testing on the cars so they know the car well. The other huge bonus is you wonít need to spend great deal on Hop-ups what comes with the kit is good, not like some other manufactures that want you spend a ton on hop ups for no real advantage just pure bling. The car is competitive out of the box, also most of SX8 drives that I am aware of use box stock cars.

Hope this is of some help
Jesussaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #686
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesussaves View Post
I know you own a RC 8, this is just my opinion on what I have seen 1st hand:

I have seen a RC8 at my local track straight out of the box with a brand new lean bogging OS V Spec the acceleration is better then any other buggy I have seen. It just rolled up to the jumps hit the gas it cleared jumps well, looked good. I have never driven one, but to me they seem to jump really well better than the other buggies I have seen at my local track, which includes Xray 808, Mugen 5R, Losi and the Hyper 8ís.

The SX8 is solid car with Tonyís set up it handles well and the ware rate is good, it also offers good steering. The other bonus factor to take into consideration is Tony is really helpful with set ups and other helpful tips that he offers, he and the other drivers do a lot of testing on the cars so they know the car well. The other huge bonus is you wonít need to spend great deal on Hop-ups what comes with the kit is good, not like some other manufactures that want you spend a ton on hop ups for no real advantage just pure bling. The car is competitive out of the box, also most of SX8 drives that I am aware of use box stock cars.

Hope this is of some help
Couldn't have said it better. I believe all of us are running the buggy box stock and just adjusting the set up some. This buggy really does turn really well and handles great. I have driven other buggies and i really enjoy this over all of them for the fact that its a simple buggy and it performs well! One thing is that the buggy isn't like glass like the rc8 is.

Just my two cents.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:29 AM   #687
Tech Elite

Dear Gents

It has been rumoured by the American drivers and Australian drivers that nanda racing will have a new buggy available by june of 2009 .Well i can confirm that there is no such thing happening the new buggy as most call it is the NRB-3R which is available with all the options standard example cnc upgrades a pit bag etc.

But i can confirm that nanda is working on a new chassis and lighter parts including front and rear carbon fibre shocks towers lightened drive cups etc etc but there is no new buggy fullstop just upgrade light parts andwill be sold seperately.

You ask how do i know this well i was at the factory in china for a week and just returned to Australia on friday morning .

Sorry guys i just had to set the record straight as i believe misleading people and giving them false information is not right.

thank you all for your time

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #688
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I had the chance to drive a buddys sx8 today. It drove pretty good considering it was box stock setup. Althou I dont think it out steers my rc8, it is a good deal for the sx8
Old 10-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #689
Tech Regular

Well guys i had a great night with the buggy! i did some club racing were the state championship was held and i had the buggy on rails. Everything was working great for once and i couldn't have been happier. i TQ first round and held that all night and went into the main sitting on pole and that's where i lead the whole race. i went on to win the night and the buggy worked flawlessly! I believe i have all the bugs worked out because i had one or two hard crashes and the buggy finally stayed together! nothing came loss or anything!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #690
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i got the chance to drive one of these this past weekend. My first time driving a buggy
What an experience!!
im buying my own very soon,
shipwama is offline   Reply With Quote