R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #646
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcejk

brian kadow: great job!

Well guys the weekend is over and i am happy that it is. this weekend has been a very stress full one at that. i went into the state race to put on a show and put the SX8 in the running against top drivers, and also their buggies. Saturday was all qualifying. The races were starting at 830 and i had arrived by 630. i quickly unloaded and got set up with it being a little cold out i through on some bowfighters M2 compound and went to practice. It felt really planted and really smooth. So i left the set up alone to see how it would do during the first main. Thinking since i was sitting in the 16th heat that the track would quickly blue groove but it was slowely grooving up. i started warm up just rolling jumps and felt good but during the race i was really loose in some areas and pushed through some corners. so after qualifying fourth i headed back to set up my buggy. I made some small changes. i put full rebound in the shocks, move the turnbuckle on the anckerman and also in the rear turnbuckles. i waited to my second heat and went out their. Durring warm up it felt better with tons of over steer now, Not even in the first 2 min i tumbled off a off camber jump and some how the front shock tower snapped i couldnt believe it! i was a little mad but walked back and asked what did i do wrong and started to check out the set up. i set the ride height up a little and swapped out shock oils from 50/50 to 40/30 and it was a lot more forgiving. My third qualifier i was pretty confident that it would handle great. durring warm up i ran it hard and felt confident. well..sadly about half way the rear screws holding the rear hing pin holder unscrewed and the plastic peace pulled out ending my race. so after all day wrenching and working on set up i was sitting 30th out of 40 buggies. i was a little bummed out but i stayed and worked on the set up more. i came back in the morning ran 3 tanks back to back for practice to make sure everything was working great and it was! i was stoked well i was in the 13th qualifier and i was excited i knew i had to run a hero run and i did! i ended up TQing the race and i was sitting high well to find out, with that race i made the B main! well i was stoked! we did not run a intermediate or pro class so i was running with some top drivers! going into the main i knew i had a hard run with some pros in their but i knew i had to do it well durring warm up i had some unfortunate luck.. going down the front straight with a min to go in warm up someone stopped their buggy and was waiting for their pit guy to pick it up and i didnt see it and SMACK, i ran right into the rear end braking a front arm i was so upset and mad that i just stood on the stand thinking what just happened and watched the race to calm down. well i am happy to say that i made the buggy go so far and never gave up on it. i am hoping to work on the buggy more and see if i can make a podium win with it soon!

Sorry so long but had to give all details guys!
Old 10-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #647
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Tough Luck Ethan, but way to hang in there. Great write up.. you felt the car was better with the lighter shock oils?

Yeah I hate when people are stopped on the straight away...same thing happen to me a while back... Except it was a real novice with a Savage XL... stopped an turned the wrong way on the straight... I was driving my 8T at the time full throttle down the staight... hit the Savage and bent the front shock tower, blasted the front diffe case... I was pissed... Of course his Savage was fine. Oh well what can you do!?
BuckarooGear.com
carlosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:38 AM   #648
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcejk

ya the car didn't seam so stiff on the track. for this style of track it was good. their wasn't really big jumps and the lighter oils made the car move around better. it didn't seam to push as bad. i am learning the car more and more every time out so its getting better! I just need to keep moving ahead with the car and itll all come together sooner or later!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #649
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sup Brian K. I'm still tired from the race.

Brian's car was good in the heats but didn't have good luck in the main. Had a engine issue or two so that didn't help but over all it was a good weekend. They knew we were in the house.

Brian's Pitman

Last edited by Chill_Will; 10-15-2008 at 06:23 AM.
Chill_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #650
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Will.

We brought the train to the "A"... Wooooo Wooooooo
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #651
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian kadow View Post
Thanks Will.

We brought the train to the "A"... Wooooo Wooooooo
booooooooooo booooooooooooo.lolol
Old 10-13-2008, 05:55 PM   #652
Tech Fanatic

Al, this was one of the coolest indoor races to go to. It puts CRCRC to shame I think. Alot of fast guys came out for this race and put on a good show. The races ran very well with very few issues.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #653
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian kadow View Post
Al, this was one of the coolest indoor races to go to. It puts CRCRC to shame I think. Alot of fast guys came out for this race and put on a good show. The races ran very well with very few issues.
nice i love indoor racing. i was just reading about the sponsored novice class drivers.lol nice job by the why and you got a mullet truck yet?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #654
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Brand New SX8 for sale
FS TQ RACING SX8 NEW TIRES TRANSPONDER
Old 10-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #655
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TCook

The Indoor Race in Alabama was a lot of fun!

The track was in great condition to start with and stayed very consistent throughout the weekend. The surface was hardpacked dirt and eventuallly a small groove started to form by the last qualifier, which was nice.

1st qual
The quals were set to where everybody started at the same time from pit lane, which was not so good of an idea, but o well.
So, my dad dropped me probably around 3rd and everybody came out at the same time. i turned around and waited on the front straightaway until everybody left..
anyways, i ended up getting caught in traffic and that qual put me around 20th or so. :/

2nd qual
This time I waited until the 1st car reached almost halfay on the track and then left. I had a clean qualifier and only had two bobbles which set me 6th for the round :]

3rd qual
I did the same thing as last time, crashed once in the whoops and set another top 10 run, which secured me in the main.

Car Setup:
I didnt change too much,
I went to lighter oil as Brian suggested and added more droop
Also, i added a little more brakes in the front.

Brian Kadow was a big help and helped me out a ton as far as car setup and a couple tricks about the suspension! He is a super nice guy and I appreciate your help man.

Qualified 9th,
I was running about 7th or 8th on the main and about 25 min into it the front center driveshaft came apart and I was done. I finished 14th..But, the race overall went great and had an awesome time

sry so long ha

-JConcepts-Kustom RC Graphics-Coldfusion Fuel-JAB Graphix-
TCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #656
Tech Addict

Hey guys check out my thread on an Engine Mod Compairison Video series I did....using my SX8.

Engine Mod Comparrison Before/After
BuckarooGear.com
Old 10-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #657
Tech Master

Default Good job Trey

Thanks trey you guys did a great job,we have allot of things coming that will help the car perform even better.

Stay tuned
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #658
Tech Addict

Waiting patiently...
BuckarooGear.com
Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #659
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

2 TQ Racing Supercross 8"s SX8