R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-15-2008, 05:24 AM   #451
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Tony , the truck looks good . Please keep us posted on how the truck performs this weekend , Thanks
vino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:22 AM   #452
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Yeti - dont you have some ride height to check or something?
Nah, my sedans are dialed.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:17 AM   #453
Tech Initiate

Best way to glue the pads to the brake calipers? Sand the caliper a bit then use shoo-goo? What do you guys do?

I have always ran fiber style disks, and didn't like them on my SX8, so going back to metal!
PhillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:55 AM   #454
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

CA
Old 08-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #455
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm using the thunder tiger disks and xray pads on mine and it stops on a dime with no brake fade at all.
moparsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #456
Tech Initiate

I got some disks somewhere and was using those, they were rubbing the clutch bell. They kept locking up on me (might have been a linkage problem) - and I kept doing stoppies at the end of the straightaway, some kind of annoying.
PhillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #457
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Shock Springs

I bought the Kyosho Big Bore shock springs, both FL Green, and Blue for the SX8...becuase the LHS was out of the OFNA BB springs. However I noticed that the Kyosho springs are a little smaller inside diameter than the stock ones and rub on the shock body threads.... Do the OFNA BB springs do this?
BuckarooGear.com
carlosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #458
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosm View Post
I bought the Kyosho Big Bore shock springs, both FL Green, and Blue for the SX8...becuase the LHS was out of the OFNA BB springs. However I noticed that the Kyosho springs are a little smaller inside diameter than the stock ones and rub on the shock body threads.... Do the OFNA BB springs do this?
The Kyosho springs fit without rubbing the body. You just have to "click" the spring all the way onto the retainer.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #459
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
The Kyosho springs fit without rubbing the body. You just have to "click" the spring all the way onto the retainer.
Ahh yes.. the preload adjustment ring! Thank you Joe.

Raced today. The track was blown out andvery rough by the end of my main only my second time out with the car. Did ok 4th in the B-Main, but my first time running in Exp Class. Still not very comfortable with the setup... going out tomorrow to put several tanks through it and work on a good base setup for my self, and just get more familiar with the car...
BuckarooGear.com
Old 08-17-2008, 06:53 AM   #460
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Yahoo to BermyDomRepRC Send a message via Skype™ to BermyDomRepRC

Hey Tony the truggy looks good cant wait to here your reports on it your doing a great job of keeping people informed here on the net the buggy is looking like its an easy buggy to set up and drive cant wait to read more
keep up the good work guys this will help sales for sure.
BermyDomRepRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #461
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey guys just got back for the weekend.... the truggy is pretty dialed, I ran 7/10/5 in the diffs and our same 50/40 shock setup with a stiffer spring on a hard and dusty track and liked it alot.... I had fastest lap untill the last round of quals and q'd 2nd for the main. Not bad for not running truggy for almost 2yrs I popped a pressure line off in the main and had to fix it so that put me mid pack somewhere.... but all in all through the initial testing of about half a gallon yestereday the truggy is good.... it accelerates very well, jumps and turns awesome too....

I think we may want to try a longer chassis and a couple of different hubs widths but is 99% ready IMO.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #462
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Billy Easton TQ'd and won the ROAR Region 4 Pro 1/8 scale Championship with his SX8 today at Lake Park, Fl. Buggy looked flawless.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #463
Tech Addict

Hey Guys,

Saturday's race was at a new track about an hour away. The track is located in what used to be river bottom area, the dirt being very sandy/loamy. In the beginning heats the track was very fast, but as the day went on heat/lap times starting falling off as the track was starting to get very rutted and blown out. Although fellow drivers and friends said my car looked good out there, I still was not comfortable with the way the car was handling the rough track. So I the morning out at the local track try to establish a better base setup for the car.

My local track is a big open track with sweeping turns and wide lanes. Although the track is big there are a few technical areas and the track is very dry and loose in many areas during non-maintained practice days. There are sections of the track that are rutted and blown out as well. The track also provides ample opportunity to test the cars flawless jumping capabilities. After running several tanks through the car and testing changes one at a time this is what I've come up with. I'm sure as I get more familiar with the car, and travel to different tracks I will change the setup.

My next test for the car will be to experiment with a heavier front diff oil to get the car to pull a little more on power.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Base setup.pdf (205.2 KB, 97 views)
BuckarooGear.com

Last edited by carlosm; 08-17-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #464
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosm View Post
Hey Guys,

Saturday's race was at a new track about an hour away. The track is located in what used to be river bottom area, the dirt being very sandy/loamy. In the beginning heats the track was very fast, but as the day went on heat/lap times starting falling off as the track was starting to get very rutted and blown out. Although fellow drivers and friends said my car looked good out there, I still was not comfortable with the way the car was handling the rough track. So I the morning out at the local track try to establish a better base setup for the car.

My local track is a big open track with sweeping turns and wide lanes. Although the track is big there are a few technical areas and the track is very dry and loose in many areas during non-maintained practice days. There are sections of the track that are rutted and blown out as well. The track also provides ample opportunity to test the cars flawless jumping capabilities. After running several tanks through the car and testing changes one at a time this is what I've come up with. I'm sure as I get more familiar with the car, and travel to different tracks I will change the setup.

My next test for the car will be to experiment with a heavier front diff oil to get the car to pull a little more on power.
Carlos, Try running less anti squat.. The car seems to like less.. I'm actually working on getting 1* in the car. Billy E ran .5* on a smooth surface,, so that's gotta say something.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #465
Tech Addict

Thanks Joe, I will try that too... I thought that smooth track = less anti squat...rought track =more anti squat? Which would make sense why Easton was able to run such a low number on his setup... I heard that track was almost like asphalt. I also know allot of it is one's driving style and most of all skill,and Easton is light years ahead of me.. It's all good stuff though lets keep the info rolling.

Also broke a wing mount today my fault though..Lesson learned use lock tite on the wing adjustment mount bolts.
BuckarooGear.com