R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #436
Tech Master

Joe is correct our stock wheel is larger then the standard wheel,all the newer wheels work great the older wheels cut into the tierod ends.

Thanks
Luther
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #437
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You can use mugen rod ends too, they shouldn't rub.
moparsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #438
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to dgraham225

i have a nanda (almost identical to TQ) buggy for sale if anyone is interested.. its an awesome car, but i wont have the time to race the next few months so im selling off my stuff until i can get back into racing again.. just a lil shameless plug here

getting out of hobby sale!!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #439
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to jrock32

Just got the buggy done! I want to give shout out to Luther, Tony and TQ for putting a top notch buggy together. I was impressed with it right out of the box. I really like the attention to detail and the quality parts. It should prove to be a top of the line buggy. Canít wait to get the truggy. Were rebuilding the track at Dirtburners this weekend and running a Tue night race. Iím anxious to get it out on the track. I've talked to a lot of guys about it and there excited about checking it out too...
Chad B at Fastlane is getting my wraps ready to finish it off!

-Do y'all have any problems with the diff leaking where the grub screw is? I was thinking about screwing it a little past level and filling in with shoe goo. I had it level and sitting on the table when I was putting the car together and it was slightly leaking...
I'll have to get some of the new tie rod ends too and free it up a bit.

Carlos, I thought about doing that with the hinge pins, but didnít want to mess with the bumper. I'll give that a try. I also used the captured hinge pins from my other kit on the upper front arms. Didnít like the e clips. I had to turn those around as wheel so it wouldnít hit the servo saver.

Also, is the stock body pretty durable or would you suggest a jconcepts? If so which one fits the best?
Old 08-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #440
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Here you guys go
Attached Thumbnails
TQ Racing SX8-truggy-001web.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-truggy-002web.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-truggy-003web.jpg   TQ Racing SX8-truggy-004web.jpg  
Old 08-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #441
Tech Master

Looks nice but the upper arms seem a little short don't you think. Turnbuckle has alot of thread showing which makes it look like a weak spot.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #442
Tech Initiate

To stop the diff screw from leaking I put a bit of the pipe tape (not sure what the real name is but you use it to seal water pipes and air fittings, real thin stringy white stuff - I think its called teflon tape?) on the setscrew and then I covered it with air seal stuff. RTV sealant or high temp silicone from most auto parts stores should work too, I just had air seal already. Mine haven't leaked a drop since I did that.

If you flip the front lower pins around with the nut facing forward how do you get an allen wrench in there? It was painful enough to get them off normally.
PhillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:34 PM   #443
Tech Elite

Default vnmsgt

In testing we have not seen a problem.
They thread in far and the turnbuckle is very strong.
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #444
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Tony - Thanks for the pictures. The Truggy looks good! Are most of the parts on the truggy interchangable with the buggy?

JRock - Good call on the uper hinge pins, I'd like to do that myself.

PhillyB - If you have the front lower hinge pins with the nut side forward, you have to take the front end off to remove them. Which I usally (take the front end off) do everytime I clean the buggy.
BuckarooGear.com
carlosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #445
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
Looks nice but the upper arms seem a little short don't you think. Turnbuckle has alot of thread showing which makes it look like a weak spot.
They thread in along way....... thats also on the outside hole on the hub
Old 08-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #446
Tech Master

Oh ok. I just know some brands do not have that long of threads and they looked like they would not have alot of threads in the arm according to the pics. Cannot wait to see the body painted on it. Also does the truggy and buggy use the same EXACT shocks for front and rear. I have a set of those on my OCM truggy and they fit perfect.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:41 PM   #447
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So Tony are we painting that truggy body on the way to the hotel tomorrow?
tkcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #448
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I thought that was just Tony's new paint scheme. Todd, don't beat Tony up too bad this weekend.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #449
Tech Champion

the shocks are the same

No, got the casper sponsor paint job this weekend.....

Yeti - dont you have some ride height to check or something?
Old 08-15-2008, 05:20 AM   #450
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosm View Post

PhillyB - If you have the front lower hinge pins with the nut side forward, you have to take the front end off to remove them. Which I usally (take the front end off) do everytime I clean the buggy.
Well for quicker diff access I guess. Shouldn't matter which way they go if you plan on pulling them completely off the buggy, ha.
PhillyB is offline   Reply With Quote