R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have seen one up close and bench raced it with the "owner". An interesting mix of Mugen, Kyosho, and Jammin all in one package (with a few of their own tweaks). The owner seemed very happy with it. A little loose in the rear...but loose is fast, right
Crim3Wav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeller View Post
Who....Mike Battaile?
Got it right in 1 guess...
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Got it right in 1 guess...
That's how I roll.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #34
Tech Master

Default Driver

Yes it is Mike so any guys in that area pleas go over and take a look at the car,We will also have too other racers there with the car also.
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Default sx8

This buggy will be running up front all over the US.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can't comment on how this car compares to others since I never ran nitro offroad until this past weekend. I was running Tony Newlands car for he offered to allow me to race it to try it out. I have to say for being my first time running nitro and running this car I was impressed as to how easy it was to get used to it. Tony and I were sharing the car and were in opposite qualifiers. I was off pace to him by one lap and I ended up qualifying in the A as well. I had to relinquish my A main run since he and I were using his car and radio. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a quality 8th buggy to buy. I was impressed, but unfortunately I am sticking with electric since sedan racing is my main love. I thank Tony for allowing me the privilege of trying it out and with TQ for having a quality car to run with.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
I can't comment on how this car compares to others since I never ran nitro offroad until this past weekend. I was running Tony Newlands car for he offered to allow me to race it to try it out. I have to say for being my first time running nitro and running this car I was impressed as to how easy it was to get used to it. Tony and I were sharing the car and were in opposite qualifiers. I was off pace to him by one lap and I ended up qualifying in the A as well. I had to relinquish my A main run since he and I were using his car and radio. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a quality 8th buggy to buy. I was impressed, but unfortunately I am sticking with electric since sedan racing is my main love. I thank Tony for allowing me the privilege of trying it out and with TQ for having a quality car to run with.
LOL That was an excellent endurance test... I'd run my qualifier pull in the pits run down the stand and hand the radio off, go down and fuel it for the next run Yeti would do.... We ran about 3/4 of a gallon saturday and about 2hrs of racing + practice.... everything is still intact and ready for more
Old 05-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to dgraham225

HA! i had a feeling Mike would end up with one, him and Ed both were looking over my car a good bit at rd 1 of rcpro south... i dont think he was too happy with the OCM he had, i knew it would only be a short time before something else..
Old 05-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWest View Post
Big bore shocks,Threaded hinge pins Milled 7075 chassis.
Will the kit also include cnc knuckles?
Jesussaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #40
Tech Champion

No the kit will have cast knuckles.... but here's the kicker.... they have steel inserts pressed in where the threads are so they will never strip on the pivot bolts
Old 05-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to dgraham225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
No the kit will have cast knuckles.... but here's the kicker.... they have steel inserts pressed in where the threads are so they will never strip on the pivot bolts

yea, i agree here, the cast knuckles are plenty tough enough! i have the cnc knuckles also (on my backup buggy, ones stripped though) and i run the cast bc theyre just as good..
Old 05-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I have had a chance to work on it and see how different adjustments work and it responds well to changes . When we started with the car it had TONS of steering and it made it twitchy to the point you could not let off or it would get WAY tossed up. We changed the shock positions and camber link positions and made it much better. The car has some serious potential ! It always seemed to have tons of steering too .This version had the normal shocks on it and it would bottom out over the big jumps at my track , my friend was going to put on the big bores as soon as he got them , well he ran this weekend with the big bores and TQ'ed and won the race he went to.
So I say it is going to be a worthy opponent.
mremtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #43
Tech Champion

I'm getting a setup sheet together guys... My car drives very good on both our tracks....one is hard packed one is loamy... same setup
Old 05-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #44
Tech Champion

OK here's a good starting point
Attached Thumbnails
TQ Racing SX8-sx8-starting-setup.jpg  
Old 05-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #45
Tech Master

Default Bodies

I have been made aware that majestic is doing a optional body for the SX8.
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote