R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-28-2008, 09:28 PM   #316
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Philly - Thats the first I've heard of the steering posts being too short, I'll definelty check into it though..... if you could, can you mic the overall length and email it to me with a pic? tnewland@tqracing.net

The lower caps need to be tighten all the way.... I use a snug from pliers on mine. What color is the bottom plastic bushing you used? its supposed to b black, its on the same parts tree as the spring cups etc. Separate bag.

I would have the usual parts on hand.... front end parts, arms, tie rod ends, uprights.... maybe some shock bottoms....shock shafts

Thats the plan Mr Cook
Old 07-29-2008, 05:42 AM   #317
Tech Initiate

I will try to send a picture tonite.

The bottom piece is black from the parts tree.
PhillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:05 AM   #318
Tech Champion

hmm not sure why your shocks arent smooth...... you use slime or anything on the orings?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #319
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

PhillyB...
I had the same issue, steering posts, and I know of one local to me that did also. At his suggetion, all I did was to place a small washer between each post and the brace. Nice n smooth now. I will try to see if I can get an exact measurement.
Shocks- When building mine, I only used the two o-rings and white plastic spacer...apparently, I missed something in the instructions??? I wasn't aware, until now, of a black spacer of sorts. Guess I'll have to look into that. Thx Tony ...this would probably explain my bent shaft HAH :|
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #320
Tech Champion

haha easily overlooked guys no worries

maybe sand down the white spacer untill the orings are to your liking... or you could run it a couple tanks and see what it does.. both of my sets of shocks have been good to go
Old 07-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #321
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcejk

i def over looked the black spacer..i built my first shock and over looked the manual for it and their it was..the black plastic washer..but i pulled it back apart and put it back in!

Last night i tore down the shocks to replace the shock oil to heavier oils and everything looked great! the oil was very clean after to weekends of racing and the shock boots were in great condition! none of them were torn or had any little cuts in them! i also inspected the gear box housing and even inside their was clean! none of my diffs leaked or had any issues!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #322
Tech Champion

o ya the shocks are dialed..... I ran my first set for month without changing oil or anything, when I finally dumped them it was clear as water still and no air.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #323
Tech Master

Racers we have added a addendum in the knew kit boxes for the shocks,you can also download it off the Tqracing.net site,we are going to look into the steering post,thanks for the feed back.

We will continue to work hard to improve our products.

We know have tools,glows,scissors,wrenches and more
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #324
Tech Fanatic

My shocks have been butter smooth since I built them.

No problems here with the steering.

I look forward to seeing the new TQ tools.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #325
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Don't get me wrong...shocks are dialed...I'm not knocking them in any way. Just making mention that I apparently either missed this addendum you speak of or missed mention of the spacer in the manual. Personally, I prefer mostly text manuals. I can build something much better and quicker if I have good text, over looking at pictures. My only complaint is I didn't have any stickers in my kit! HAHA
Binky does have some coming out to me though...I think.

All in all, it's time for a good going over now anyway. I've got a good Gal if not more on it now. But, today is my only day off in two weeks, so I'm being lazy, lol. Will rebuild next week and pay better attn to the shocks and spacer.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #326
Tech Champion

Here's what your seal pack should look like....

Old 07-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #327
Tech Initiate

Default Setup Sheet

I ran at my local track this past weekend since I haven't been there in awhile. The track is red clay that gets really rough & abrasive and loves to eat tires, it's probably about 100ft long by 90ft wide. After chatting with Tony about setups a little and going through a gallon of fuel later, this is what I came up with.

Note: Ride Height Rear = Arms Level / Ride Height Front = Arms slightly above level
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sx8_JHv1.2b_setup.pdf (158.1 KB, 174 views)
Prime Fuel
Ko Propo, FThobbies.com, EmpireRC.net & GFDracing

Last edited by empirerc; 07-29-2008 at 02:41 PM.
empirerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #328
Tech Initiate

Aw junk. I have the black spacer the wrong wonky way. Thanks for the pic. Gotta redo the shocks, ha.

Edit, smooth like butter. Can you make the image bigger on the website? I have a high res laptop and it was tough to read/see.

Also Tony I tried your email and got the fail.

Last edited by PhillyB; 07-29-2008 at 06:12 PM.
PhillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #329
Tech Champion

How did that feel Joel? if its pretty good I would leave it for now and just change anti squat up and down to get a "feel" for it......then move onto droop adjustments, one at a time

Philly - I figured something had to be up for your shocks to feel anything short of stellar

try the mail again.... tnewland@tqracing.net get mail all day long
Old 07-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #330
Tech Initiate

The setup felt really good, and despite the fact that the track was really rough and you had to pick your lines carefully, the car was much more consistent and you could feel comfortable powering through parts of the rough sections.

I also was using the most unfavorable type of tire for this track, a really hard compound with tall and wide pin structure, and the setup still worked well. Can't wait to try it on a good set of treads.
Prime Fuel
Ko Propo, FThobbies.com, EmpireRC.net & GFDracing
empirerc is offline   Reply With Quote