R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #2671
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yeah it should be a good race. It been many years since I seen Drake.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #2672
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Luther: Do you guys at TQ do trades, I have 2 1/2 losi 2.0 buggy's that I would be willing to trade you for 2 new Evo's LOL

Just thought I would throw that out there

Buggy looks really nice I wish I would have waited a little while longer and picked up some of these for 2010
Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #2673
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Good talking to you Luther! Im sure we will be talking more very soon.

Everyone needs to start putting some extra cash to the side! I am currently helping an upper level driver get their TQ SX8 Evo dialed in. It will without a doubt be a real contender this season, and from the sound of things TQ R&D is always working to make improvements on an already innovative design as well!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 AM   #2674
Tech Master

Trade hummm that might be doeable we like to see guys make the switch to TQ.Thank you for the call it is always great to speak with a potetial customer.We are company that is racer driven so the feed back is very important to help with our contnued growth as a young company..
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #2675
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Luther: If I knew you where serious I would box it all up today and have it in the mail by lunch. Our outdoor season still hasn't started so there is time LOL
Old 04-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #2676
Tech Master

Well give me a shout today I am always looking to bring good drivers to the dark side240-882-3663
Old 04-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #2677
Tech Master

Well we are really geting the EVO dialed in,I will tell you that this car has amazing corner speed and it is a joy to drive.We are 3 weeks out and have begun to sign up dealers be ready to get those orders in.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #2678
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Was at the indoor here in Canada today and had a nice chat with Joe and checked out the new buggy. It looks awesome and the body is sexy. Joe was making the buggy look great in his qual. Not sure where he placed but man that thing jumped great and cornered awesome. Well done Luther and TQ! Hope to see more of this buggy at our local track.
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #2679
Tech Master

That's good news sluggo,I am sure you will see more of the cars we have signed a new Canadian distributor,We will have more news on the no shop this week
Old 04-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #2680
Tech Fanatic

Binky,

When are these cars expected to be in stock? I have a bunch of test cars from the magazine but I may want to try this too. I'm looking at all the options this year. I'll have to talk to you soon, as I would like to get a little more familiar with your new car.

Dan Gomez
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:27 AM   #2681
Tech Master

What's up Dan how have you been?We should have cars within the next 3 weeks I would love if you did a review I think you will be impressed that's for sure
Old 04-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #2682
Tech Fanatic

sounds good. post up when they are in stock. Maybe I'll get to see Kelbys or Marks before then.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #2683
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I finally got to see the new buggy in action in practice sat. It looks good on the track, not the paint job, but the car did. I wish the both of us didn't have engine issues. Brian had to drop out. I finished second because of overheating. 411 is not a good running temp. I found out it was a bearing leaking. I got something for the guy that won.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #2684
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local racer View Post
No problem I will be very glad to honor your prize with one of the SX8 Evo car kits, but I will not have the kits until next week the shipment is do to arrive in early April,I am very sorry for the past issues with you receiving your kit but now that we are in contact with each other I will make sure this is a smooth exchange. I will also shoot a few XTRA parts with the car.This was a failed service and I accept full responsibility.

Ollie and the PNB guys are the best and I hope I can make it down one year again I am very sorry.

Now as far as the car,racers the market and way of attacking it has changed some companies have the resources to develop and design there product solely and by them selves namely the larger companies AE,LOSI,MUGEN and so on.There are other companies that need to do things diffrent to achieve the same goal,Jammin,Ofna,TQ and some others.

The SX8 Evo is based on a proven platform that has 2 years of solid development under its belt,this allows us as a company to bypass some of the growing pains often associated with a new car and platform.Look how many times one of the bigs will change a model until they get it right.The smaller company some times does not have the resources to do that so you partner and share in the cost,that allows the car to be developed to suit each market in which it must compete. This translates into our customer receiving a solid and competitive product right out of the box.We have campaigned a 1/8 car for three years,we have won allot of races with a strong team which again allows our customers to buy a product that is fully supported in a market that is dominated by the bigs.

This car has never been sold on US soil so it is new and fresh,the design and innovation says 2010.

The kits will be available in a hobby shops all around the country we have a strong network of dealers developing and are working on something special for the west coast.We will also work with some of the stronger online shops to have parts and kits available.

TQ has had its growing pains as a company but continues to get stronger with each coming day our goal is to be a solid company with great race products for the working mans price,we all agree that this is a expensive hobby and any savings is gladly rewarded.
I guess u still havent sent last years PNB2 buggy winner a buggy yet like u stated in this post
Brandon Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #2685
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default PNB Kit

Dave Liekam has already taken care of this problem. I see no reason to keep rehashing it. I would think that the person who did not receive the kit would be on here. Let it go!
nwjones76 is offline   Reply With Quote