R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #2551
Tech Apprentice

This car is really nice, it is going to be a race winner.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #2552
Tech Master

Default Cars

Thanks Paul I am sure you will be happy with the car.
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #2553
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That is a awesome looking buggy, just wish there was more support in my area for TQ. If there was I would still be racing them
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #2554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RCmayor

Support can start with you.
RCmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #2555
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

when and where on line can you purchase these new tq sx8 cars?
olegeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #2556
Tech Master

Default Support

The cars will be available in 3 weeks If you go too the tqracing.net sight we will be selling cars and parts threw a store there plus the vast amount of dealers that have agreed to carry the product.

We are looking for a Canadian connection now so don't worry we will have some one there to handle the full product line.I think we have somebody lined up.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #2557
Tech Apprentice

Default What Happened?

So is there no more (Nanda) AKA TQ SX-8 US Spec? I,m just a little confused about what's going on. Is this GS the new SX-8 I'm just alittle behind. also will there be no more support for the old TQ SX-8 08,09 verisons. Good luck with the new car.
Alberto Santos Kyosho WC 777 Plus
Disel760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #2558
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Liam, yes the new car is a whole new platform, different from our 08-09 nanda versions. Im still going to run mine this year as I got really dialed with it late last year. I have many parts and so does Luther.
kamlooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #2559
Tech Master

Hello and how is Liam,yes we have made a change in platforms but we will still support our older products.

Both cars are very good and I am sure you will like the new one the same as the old but the choice is yours.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #2560
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCmayor View Post
Support can start with you.
I thought so also, but that isn't always the case. I tried very hard to stay with TQ, but the product support from the top down NEEDS to improve drastically before TQ will ever be mainstream. I liked the car very much but recieved more lip service than action on getting parts delivered to me.
clebo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #2561
Tech Master

Hello clebo I spoke with Brett and he told. Me you did not.need any thing else I am sorry had I nown I would have made sure you had wht you needed.Clebo,we have taken many steps to clean this up and things will be very smooth the same program that we put in place for. Our elevtric program will now be applied to the nitro side we have developed more dealers and better contacts to get the customers what they need,we will let our actions speak for our progress
Old 03-20-2010, 07:52 PM   #2562
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local racer View Post
Hello and how is Liam,yes we have made a change in platforms but we will still support our older products.

Both cars are very good and I am sure you will like the new one the same as the old but the choice is yours.
Hello Luther and Bernie great to hear back from you guys. My questions have been anwsered, Thanks guys. Liam is well he has an itchy tringer finger. We wanted to go brun some nitro today at Nitro Vally Cherryville NC had to disapiont him dislocated my shoulder 2 weeks ago skiing, not that well yet to pit his car. With that said Liam and I will contiue running our SX-8 08 and 09 verisons.
I have invested alot of money for a buggy that I truely belive in. Liams cars are dailed in from last year. I still have my Kyosho MP777 SP2WC Plus the last verison before the MP9 but will be running Liams SX-8 08 verison this year. Liam will be running his SX-8 8.5R verison. I have worked 0n and ran Mu Losi and Kyosho and have built many kits over the years. You can say I preety good in this 1/8 scale nitro RC stuff. The TQ SX-8 buggy is just as good if not better then all the buggys on the market for much less. Why people will pay over $500.00 for a kit is beyond me. This is my opion Liam and I will continue suporting TQ Racing SX-8 here in NC. We might be moving back to NYC this summer still have not found a job since last summer. If we move back to NYC will be raceing NY,NJ,PA and CT with our TQ buggys. Every one should give Luther a break it's not easy dealing with this RC stuff with factorys over seas and this economy has not been good for alot of people. I have never had any issuse with getting any of my parts from Luther. Luther I wish the best with the new platform, don't let any one give you a hard time your always good in my book all the best Alberto Santos.

Go Gettum ROY J
Alberto Santos Kyosho WC 777 Plus
Disel760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #2563
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The new chassis looks great. If you are working with the same factory that the GS CLX come out of then good on ya'. The GS cars have always had top quality materials and wear like iron. There's a couple of guys I know that run several year old GS cars that are still going strong on their original drivetrain parts.

This new platform looks pretty up to date, looking forward to seeing how it goes on the track.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:34 AM   #2564
Tech Master

Default Thanks

Well I am very sorry to hear about that shoulder maybe I will have to come down and pit for LiamDave you are correct the quality on this car is second to noun I was able to get out and run the car at a blown out track yesterday and I was very impressed with the performance,we are really getting close on a very solid setup and with my other drivers receiving there cars this week we will really have some great feed back to work with.

Guys thanks for the support and I think our time has finally arrived in the 1/8 scale world this car is awesome.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #2565
Tech Fanatic

Should be a fun year of racing.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote