Old 11-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #2386
Tech Addict

Luther- call me when you get a chance.

Later
samos234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #2387
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a couple questions about some of the setup's I've seen posted.

1) The blue springs for the front - are they the same as the big bore ofna blue?

2) The upper camber link at the gear box on the front end - Tony's setup shows 5m 4 in front and 2 in back. The stock setup in the manual shows 3m in the back. Also what effect does this have on the car.

3) New gear ratio - I saw some posts about the new ratio. I haven't seen much feedback on it. Did it improve fuel mileage, or corner exit speed?

Thanks for any input on these issues.
clebo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #2388
Tech Addict

Clebo- I run the blue OFNA springs up front. If you are talking about the upper a-arm location spacers then the farther to the front the A-arm is the more snappy and generally the more steering you will have. Gear ratio- not sure on that unless you are talking about the new lightweight gears and so forth. They definately help and have all around get up and go and much ligther weight.

Hope this helps...
Old 11-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #2389
Tech Fanatic

I was testing gears at the start of the year looking for more forward snap. I ended up going back to the stock gearing.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #2390
Tech Elite

Hey luth

how is it going with the sx8 i can see the guys are enjoying the buggy and getting some excellent results .

keep up the good work .

regards Aneglo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #2391
Tech Regular

Thanks samos234 tha helps me out. I see most people are the 1.4 shock piston. Is it the 2 hole or the six? Mine came with the six hole, but I see that ofna offers both in the 16mm. Thanks for the gearing answer Brian.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:09 AM   #2392
Tech Addict

Clebo- I run the stock 6 hole pistons that come with the kit. Also, the new 09 kit comes with several different shock springs and blue is one of them, so instead of buying the OFNA blue springs you can run the ones in the kit and they should be the same.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #2393
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey Shannon! Take care of Clebo (Carl Lebo) for me! He has been running the car for a while on the Florida tracks. Currently running on medium grip clay. When we go to a race in Dec. it will be blue/black groove. What do you change on your car (besides tires) when you go from medium grip to blue groove? Also have you tried 5/5/5 in the diffs? I see most run the 5/5/2
Thanks!
BK
Old 11-25-2009, 08:13 AM   #2394
Tech Addict

Hey Brett! Whats going on?

Going from a med. to blue groove track you will want to do the following: Thicker shock oils, sometimes stiffer springs, play around with rear camber links(might need to go longer), front top A-Arm spacers(more foward the A-arm the more steering) and you will want to definately use the largest sway bars front and rear that TQ offers, and more rear toe(3/3), (3/3.5) and wheelbase depending on track.

The biggest and most important going from a med.bite to blue is sway bars and shock oils.

I have tried all different diff setups and the 5-5-1 is the one I like best. Now with these setups just mentioned that fits my driving style. I love a loose car that I can flick in and out of corners. So if you have a heavy throttle finger then this might not be for you. I am an old 2wd electric driver so being easy on the throttle was a must back then and I still drive the same way. I would rather be loose in and out then push to the pipe and not be able to turn(just me)

Hope this helps everyone out some. Also note that in colder weather like we are getting into with Winter you will want to go down at least 5W all around on shock oils.

This past weekend at Dalton(blue groove track) I went from 40w in rear to 35w and from 45w in front to 40w and the car was much better.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:14 AM   #2395
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info samos. I got my kit before the new version, so I don't have the extra springs. Brett has a set of front blues I'm going to try. Would you recommend the blue fronts on a medium bite, or stick with the silver's?
Old 11-25-2009, 10:52 AM   #2396
Tech Apprentice

Hello guys,

I know that the Nanda nrb 3R is the same car as the TQ SX8. Can someone explane to me why we have to buy this buggy? i need some feedback.

gr Michel
m.velder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #2397
Tech Addict

Clebo- I run the blue fronts on almost all the tracks I have been to. So I would definatley try them and see what you think. A shock spring change is one of the easiest and fasted to do. Just take the 2.0 wrench you need and run one tank of fuel with silver on and then bring it in the pits and take the bottom screw of the shock out and replace with the blue and run a tank.

This is what I do on a new track and whichever you like better then there you go.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #2398
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Shannon, you gotta come to the JConcepts Clash in Tampa, FL!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #2399
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.velder View Post
Hello guys,

I know that the Nanda nrb 3R is the same car as the TQ SX8. Can someone explane to me why we have to buy this buggy? i need some feedback.

gr Michel
That is a great question and I will try to do my best to answer it. To start the SX8 has been changed slightly to perform better on U.S. style tracks, (Big Bores, updated gearing, etc). Also I feel that the SX8 is a very agressive buggy when it comes to the steering and the way that the car feels when it is going around the track. By agressive I mean how well it enters the corners, how much corner speed it carries, and how early it allows you to get back to the gas on corner exit. Secondly the car is extremely durable. I have run numerous 30- 45 minute A-mains and I have never broken any of the plastic pieces in the front end. The only thing that has put me out of an A-main is the cast steering knuckles before TQ Racing released the cast ones.

In conclusion I feel that this buggy has given everything that I need to win every weekend and never once have I felt that i was being beaten on the track by the superiority of another vehichle.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #2400
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Snyder View Post
That is a great question and I will try to do my best to answer it. To start the SX8 has been changed slightly to perform better on U.S. style tracks, (Big Bores, updated gearing, etc). Also I feel that the SX8 is a very agressive buggy when it comes to the steering and the way that the car feels when it is going around the track. By agressive I mean how well it enters the corners, how much corner speed it carries, and how early it allows you to get back to the gas on corner exit. Secondly the car is extremely durable. I have run numerous 30- 45 minute A-mains and I have never broken any of the plastic pieces in the front end. The only thing that has put me out of an A-main is the cast steering knuckles before TQ Racing released the cast ones.

In conclusion I feel that this buggy has given everything that I need to win every weekend and never once have I felt that i was being beaten on the track by the superiority of another vehichle.
Are you currently using CNC or cast steering knuckles?

You also mentioned that the original cast steering knuckles that came with kit stripped, from my understanding the current cast knuckles available from rcpro center ebay are revised versions correct?

Thanks for you help, kindly appreciated.
Jesussaves is offline   Reply With Quote