R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-03-2009, 06:54 AM   #2026
Tech Regular

Actually you're already in there.
RoyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #2027
Tech Regular

Who's going to the Nats? It looks like a cool track and facility. Wish I could make the trip.
RoyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #2028
Tech Master

Default Nats

Guys I need a head count for all of you guys going to the nats so I can make sure we have enough pit spots,Please give me a call asap.
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #2029
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc_tech View Post
Yeah .. im sure we can exchange some knowledge on rc..hehe

I agree on you that this buggy has everything that the current expensive brands out there have. At least the know-how, technology.

I say this, if something not on this buggy, probably it is not important after all.

Regretfully, not many chose this brand in Malaysia. They preferred the branded one. At least in my place, North Borneo, almost all of us use Nanda NRB due to the only one offroad hobbyshop selling it. the other brand is the STR8 buggy.

For this version, according to our Malaysia main distributor, rajanghobby, only 3 of us has this version, the NRB3-R.. the one with:
  1. 5mm graphite shock tower f/r
  2. lightened center spur gear
  3. fibre disc f/r brake
  4. lightened outdrive
  5. longer lightened chassis

The rest same or already have in the Pro kit.
All the testing, we done it ourselves. meaning getting the right setup and giving back feedback. pretty hard the process ... time is usually not on our sides.

Whats you all setup be? other than the normal things ... this is at least what i found good for this buggy on a little bit grass track...

5k,5k,3k diff oil. [default: 5k,5k,1k]
I probably wanna try later 5k,7k,3k
CB 14T [default: 13T]

pls share if there's anything i miss here ... like the "you should use this..." kind of info

right now I am running 5/7/3 but have another set of diffs setup with 3/5/1200. so far both work good, I find the 1200 setup works a little better on our club track, The corners are very loose. I am using the stock gearing but ahve switched out the carbon shoes for max life alum ones with the 1.0 stock springs.
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #2030
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo_sx8 View Post
right now I am running 5/7/3 but have another set of diffs setup with 3/5/1200. so far both work good, I find the 1200 setup works a little better on our club track, The corners are very loose. I am using the stock gearing but ahve switched out the carbon shoes for max life alum ones with the 1.0 stock springs.
thanks for sharing. Im not used to driving with 1K diff at rear. too loose for my driving style. Maybe i'm too fond with Jared Tebo style .. any car he used, he likes the 5-5-3 setup... just change the driving style he said.. something like that

about the clutch .. well with so many times i feel i lost power right after the 15-20mins hard race .. always caused by the carbon shoes... overheating.. thus caused slip to the CB... no drive..

I always prefer aluminum ... for now, i like this red HN and SH shoes. they last longer especially couple it with ceramic clutch bearings.

Now in the process of break-in/run-in new engine.. the Nova Plus-4. Sure busy today

is today an important date? July 4th? Must be ... sorry i come from all the way across the globe.. +12hrs to USA

Last edited by jfc_tech; 07-03-2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: missed something :P
jfc_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:46 AM   #2031
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RCmayor

Dave and I will be there Luther.
RCmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #2032
Tech Addict

Default Long, lightweight car chassis

Just tested and raced the new chassis for the first time last night. Car was better than ever. TQ first race and finished 2nd, .2 sec from 1st, unfortunately I was taken out.

to the chassis... car was more stable, had even more steering and to me it seemed like it let the car just plain work better. I tried the long and short wheelbase and for my setup it was definately much better with the shortest wheelbase. There are several more milled out and lightened spots on the chassis and you can tell. Great job on the new chassis!
samos234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #2033
Tech Champion

My new buggy just finished running-in the new Nova +4 at exactly 10 tanks using MassiveMod run-in method ... at around earlier 6 tanks, the engine showed its power already.. but still at around 85C max temp. Just awesome.

Anyway, the buggy felt so good. In fact much2 better in comparison with my old HN X1X buggy. So light, turn on a dime even on 5-5-3 diffs. just awesome. my fingers trembling holding the steering wheel n the trigger. i was scared to break it.

with the new plant nova, the buggy just feel underweight... i think i managed to pull only 70-80% yet the buggy felt and shown tremendous acceleration. I easily beat my other friends on our friendly bashing. I never felt so good. I foresee good result in near future.

all thanks to Nanda Racing
Old 07-06-2009, 01:58 AM   #2034
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by samos234 View Post
Just tested and raced the new chassis for the first time last night. Car was better than ever. TQ first race and finished 2nd, .2 sec from 1st, unfortunately I was taken out.

to the chassis... car was more stable, had even more steering and to me it seemed like it let the car just plain work better. I tried the long and short wheelbase and for my setup it was definately much better with the shortest wheelbase. There are several more milled out and lightened spots on the chassis and you can tell. Great job on the new chassis!
Were you using the new Nanda Chassis or the BCE Chassie?
Jesussaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:13 AM   #2035
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesussaves View Post
Were you using the new Nanda Chassis or the BCE Chassie?
Just curious ... is there something wrong about the new chassis? The new one is lightened here n there and lengthened by around 4mm - is this not good enough???

Last edited by jfc_tech; 07-06-2009 at 03:32 AM.
jfc_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:00 AM   #2036
Tech Fanatic

Nothing wrong with the new chassis, thats why we are running it.

It is not the BCE Chassis.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:18 AM   #2037
Tech Master

Default New Chassie

Alright I am glad to see some response on the new Chassis it is not Bce the factory stepped up and listened to the feed back of the racers.

Guys the new truggy is going to be dialed the wait was well worth it I am sure you will be happy with the finished product.
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:41 AM   #2038
Tech Fanatic

Look forward to seeing the new truggy.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #2039
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian kadow View Post
Look forward to seeing the new truggy.
I'm looking forward to see the new buggy chassis.....Brian K.

We have a race here on Sat the 11th if you don't have plans and Cullman is racing on the 18th. I rather see it ran here. Yes I'm calling you out. If you are scared just say you are and I will understand.

I'm playing. It's been a while since we were able to be at the same race at the same time. Give me a shout when you have time.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #2040
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Luther ygm...Thanks