R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #1996
Tech Fanatic

I have run the CNC knuckles and the cast knuckles and both work great. The CNC knuckles offer lighter weight and more durability and a little bling.

I only run the plastic brace in the rear of my buggy.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #1997
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I ran both knuckles also with no problems. I just got the plastic braces. I'm going to try them out this weekend.

The Grp is alive and running. I'm going to break in the other one I just got back from Alan and his speed shop.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:04 AM   #1998
Tech Rookie

thanks for all your quick replys!
johnnycash89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:20 AM   #1999
Tech Initiate

Hello,
Whats sort of air filter foam do u use in the std air filter that comes with the car ?
See ya.
Yann
Yann49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #2000
Tech Master

Yann49, I use the Losi filters. No big reason, I just like them.

Great day for the SX8 today. TQed and won the 1st Annual S.R. Memorial race. I have motor issues as usual for the first heat but I still ran a good heat. I put in a motor I just got be from Alan Burtons Speed shop and it ran great. The Buggy ran like a dream I was busy all week so i didn't get to install all the new parts I have for it. I did install the plastic chassis braces. I could tell the difference. There is one jump we have if you missed the downside and land on the flat my buggy would bounce one time. I didn't do it after changing the braces. It let the chassis flex and absorb and shock.
I should have the rest of my parts on there sometime in the next week.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #2001
Tech Master

any more reports?
Old 06-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #2002
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill_Will View Post
Yann49, I use the Losi filters. No big reason, I just like them.
But the Losi foam on the TQ air filter or all the Losi air filter system ?
Can you put a picture ?
Yann49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #2003
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We run for Panther and use the following and they work just fine:

http://www.pantherteam.com/index.php...roducts_id=219
92zero Designs
jlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:46 AM   #2004
Tech Fanatic

I use the Ofna foam filters.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #2005
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yann49 View Post
But the Losi foam on the TQ air filter or all the Losi air filter system ?
Can you put a picture ?
I use the whole thing. I had it and a bunch of filters left over from the truggy I use to have. I think it's a personal choice thing.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #2006
Tech Addict

Default Truck Report

Chill-- great job this weekend! Wish I could have made it, I spent the weekend with some much needed R & D on the SX8T. Out of the box the setup is NOT good for the states, so I changed almost everything. After all was said the truck is getting close to be where it needs. When I get a better base setup I will post on here for everyone.

The build was extremely easy and the plastic was great, no flashing, no need for reamers, etc.

The truck is a great platform just like the buggy and when we convert all the lightweight parts to the truck like the buggy it will be killer! I built the truck pretty much bone stock so now I will put the lightweight parts on and report the difference. One must is front and rear captured hinge pins on the pivot blocks. You must get these and not use the stock ones in the kit, it uses C Clips and it will not last.

A couple of things about the build--- front clip didn't fit into the chassis very well, had to do some minor grinding, center diff plastic is very tight, need to break it in to loosing it up, and the diff and pinion gears are not the best mesh to start with. However, I have used STIHL chainsaw oil on all my gears for a long time, so I just put some on the front and rear diff gears and broke the diffs in for about two tanks total. Hold left side down and run it for about 1 min then rotate to right side. After about 2 tanks the gears are very smooth! Be sure to check and re- shim if necessary.

Chill-- what is your correct email addy, I must have sent the pics to the wrong one.

CARBON FIBER TOWERS

I have been waiting to report about the carbon fiber towers on the car for some time, due to the mixed feelings. First of all they look cool, they are light weight and I love them. However, I have had two fronts and two rears break on me, just like many others. I have your answer! I heard of an old wives tale about how to strenghthen carbon fiber so I thought why not try it I have nothing to lose. I have not had one single tower break on me the last two months of racing and I have had some very hard hits!!

Here is what to do--- clean tower with denatured alcohol, put tire glue all around outside edge( I use AKA, put a thick bead and let dry overnight. When it dries it looks really shiny. If you missed any parts re-glue until entire edge is shiny. Thats it! Good luck and please whoever tries it report on here if you break one!

Luther- tag your it, call me when you get a chance
Jesse-- thanks for the parts so quick!
samos234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #2007
Tech Master

Shannon - You might have my old email. I will pm you and send you a text to make sure you have it.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #2008
Tech Master

Default Great Weekend

Well guys we had a strong race weekend with some great Results.

Mark Christman when on to win the Tri State Championships this weekend in Ct along with a strong second place finish from New Tq driver Kelby Roberts,Kelby has officially made the switch over from Kyosho.

I was able to put my SX8 3rd on the grid at the Hobby Hut dash for Cash race this weekend.I went on to finish 6th after some engine problems.

I received the 09 SX8T final proto today I will begin the assembly and have pictures up this week,I am sure you guys will be really happy with what we have come up with.

We are focused on the nats and need to know if any body needs any thing leading up to the race.We feel that the team we have going will do a great job and show we can compete on the next level.
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #2009
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To anyone looking for a deal, this is my last one and includes free shipping.

http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php...roducts_id=101
Old 06-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #2010
Tech Addict

chill-- you have mail, with pics!
samos234 is offline   Reply With Quote