R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-11-2009, 01:17 AM   #1951
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local racer View Post
Angelo I am sorry there were problems with your truggies,that is why we have done so much testing with our team,we at TQ make certain changes to our cars that are diffrent then the actual nanda cars some are done here after the kits arrive in the Us.

We believe that evry market is diffrent and you have to fine tune your product to fit in your market.

Our truggy is very good the,factory listened and we help them solve some of the early problems,this is why we waited to release the product in our market.We have also done the same with the SX8 09,we made the changes to make the car preform at a higher level for this tough Us Market.

We have the same relationship with our factory as Jammin and Hong Nor,we are commited to excellence for our customers.
Thats excellent Luther im glad your on the ball and that you are making the changes in the USA i agree with that good on you dude .

The Product is great everyone knows that but dont rely on the factory to much man rely on yourself and your drivers like you do now as to be honest the factory dont have a clue about r/c ever since howard left them .

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LUTHER YOU DESERVE THE SUCCESS.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #1952
Tech Regular

Believe it or not, ring & pinion mesh and wear issues are not exclusive to Nanda. Every competition truggy brand on the market has had the stripping happen when the mesh is not set tight and gently run-in propertly. Ask drivers of Kyosho, Mugen, HB, Losi, AE, etc. Most owners who are newer to truggy will experience the stripping early on.

A couple of years ago I had the issue with my prototype OCM truggy. Pinions were not yet available, so I used the Mugen pinion, which was definitely not a match in pitch with the OCM ring gear. After a few continued failures, a Kyosho STR driver convinced me of both setting the mesh tight and the importance of the critical run-in technique (drill or drive gently). I've now had the same sets of ring and pinion in that truck for 2 years, even with a Axe Rossi Cobra .25 (stump-puller) installed.

My theory is that the issue stems from the fact that the size/mass of the ring and pinions used in truggies are being made to fit in the same bulkheads used in buggies. Although that's convenient and cost effective to the manufacturer, consider that a truggy is typically at least 30% heavier than it's buggy counterpart. It's like using the same sized ring and pinion from a Chevy compact car in a 2500 pickup. Even if the ratio is different for the pick-up, and the teeth are made spiral, the size/mass of the material would still likely be insufficient.

Maybe a smaller diff cup would allow for longer and taller teeth (more mass) on both ring and pinion. But for now, you'd better shim all truggies tight.
RoyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #1953
Tech Master

Default Well Said

Angelo this is the reason while we are able to keep moving forward,it is not just me but a uniformed effort from the team,these guys just work hard and give us great feed back.

Thanks
Roy
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #1954
Tech Master

Here is some video of Shannon Amos at the Rc Pro Mid South Series at the Nitro Fever track in Alabama this past weekend. His buggy looked awesome all weekend--Qualified 9th and finished 8th in the A main. He battled motor issues in the main but still made it look good. Well done Shannon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJR7qh3BEz4
Old 06-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #1955
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leikam View Post
Here is some video of Shannon Amos at the Rc Pro Mid South Series at the Nitro Fever track in Alabama this past weekend. His buggy looked awesome all weekend--Qualified 9th and finished 8th in the A main. He battled motor issues in the main but still made it look good. Well done Shannon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJR7qh3BEz4
WOW that was awesome! he was really ripping! the buggy looked great!
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #1956
Tech Addict

Dave, thank you so much for posting this video and thanks to Ollie for shooting the video.

This was my 2nd qualifier and as you can see at the end of the video is where my motor backed away from my spur. DNF grrr

Luther- Thank you for the truggy I got it in the mail today. I will build it asap and get it on the track and give you some feedback.

TQ buggy was great again today during practice at the Georgia Championship Series. Turned the fastest lap time all day long in buggy and truggy. Hope we can put it together for tomorrow's quals and main.
samos234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #1957
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Doc I got the stickers in the mail. Thank you very much for them. Hoping to have the new motor, body and stickers on the buggy next week. I will post pics when done!

Thanks again!
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #1958
Tech Master

Default Great Vid

Thanks Shannon man it feels great to be at the final leg of development on the Truggy I am sure you guys will be pleased Shannon and some of our the guys will be helping with the final phase of testing.

I know my team is anxious to show the Rc Community what we have done.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #1959
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Old 06-16-2009, 06:49 AM   #1960
Tech Master

Doc, Brian, Shannon we are having the S.R. Memorial Race Sat June 27th starting at 10:30. Sign up close at 10. It's only $15 a class. Trophy race. Proceeds going to Charity. We will have food and drinks prepared by the Flying club. We will have flying demostrations between rounds. Come join me if you can. It's a one day race.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:36 AM   #1961
Tech Fanatic

I plan on being there Willl, what time will the gates be open?
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:38 AM   #1962
Tech Master

Alright we had a good weekend,

Mark Christman shows he still has the speed with a GREAT TQ run at the Hobby Headquarters Dash for Cash.

John Loguidace attended the King of Kings Race in Indiana qualifiying 8th in only his second outing with the SX8 he went on to finish 8th in the main.

Dave Alberico put his SX8 in the A main at the second leg of the RC proseries North Division with some of the fastest drivers in the country in
attendance.

Bryan Wynn of Calandra racing goes on to finish 4th at the Rc Madness Trophy race.

Shannon Amos finished 4th at the Georgia state point series race.

Guys the 09 car is really doing well and we are not finished.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #1963
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian kadow View Post
I plan on being there Will, what time will the gates be open?

Gate opens at 8am
Old 06-17-2009, 04:08 AM   #1964
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There was more than a 8th place car to be had at the King of Kings race for us and TQ but due to my over sight of a factory assembly issue with the engine we were only able to push out 5 - 6 minute runs per tank. 8th place out of 12 cars in that A- main was a great finish due to these conditions.
92zero Designs
jlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #1965
Tech Fanatic

Still a great result, good job John.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote