R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #1936
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Probably the ring the pinion. You have to do the Losi the same way.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #1937
vr6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey guys, does anyone have any problems with the shock shafts bending easily?

this past weekend, i went to a race 2 hours away from me and after a full day of practice, i rebuilt all of my shocks. i noticed right away that both of rear shock shafts were bent enough to cause my major problems with no shock travel(stroke) it cut my race weekend early because they were both bent.

the track is always really bumpy, so i didnt really noticed anything to bad when i went out and practiced.

anyone know if another brand of shafts will work?

i couldn't race on saturday because i didn't have any other shafts to use

Also my local track Race em r/c. Rockford Illinois
vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #1938
Tech Fanatic

The shock shaft are the only week point on this car IMO. I have used Sport Works shock shafts and they do the same thing. It would be nice if we could make the AE shock shaft work, they are biggens.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #1939
Tech Master

Default Shock Shafts

I have bent shafts in the pass but it is not a common problem that I have heard of,Vr6 we have plenty of inventory have your shop give us call or go to rcprocenter or stormer hobbies.
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #1940
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I haven't bent one but I have broke 2 of them. One broke at the plastic end and the other broke right at the shock piston. I also had one piston break in 3 pieces inside the shock. Our track is a very supercross style with big jumps. On the side of the buggy I was learning and hammering the crap out of the buggy and that is the only thing that I have broke!
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #1941
Tech Master

Okay I will make sure we look at the shafts and see if there is room for improvement the natives have spoken

Thanks
Luther
Old 06-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #1942
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hustler777 Send a message via Yahoo to hustler777
Default brutal WI track...

hey vr, you aren't by chance talking about the track in Reedsburg are ya?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #1943
vr6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hustler--- yes i am

Also my local track Race em r/c. Rockford Illinois
vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #1944
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

call me Mr bad luck, i didn't have the best of luck quifying, but did finish all my heats, then only to have my 100.00 ace servo go out, i didn't even get a chance to run my main...hope to have better luck in round 3 of the mid RC pro series..
Old 06-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #1945
Tech Master

I hear you Doc. I don't think that track likes me. I'm looking into a back up motor.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:58 AM   #1946
Tech Fanatic

Dont buy used this time.
brian kadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:39 AM   #1947
Tech Master

This motor was new.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #1948
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hustler777 Send a message via Yahoo to hustler777

vr- i can only imagine how ruff that track was on friday when it was dry...i made it down there in just enough time on sat to sign in...they moved the start time down to 9 instead of 10...that track was brutal in the mud and wasn't to kind to my buggy, but it was a blast...can't wait till their next big weekend!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #1949
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycash89 View Post
What will be destroyed exactly? The inside of the diff or the bevel gear + pinion?

Thanks!

BG Johannes
The problem is with the crown and pinion gear they are not a match .

At first we thought it was the casing then we thought it was the bearing was failing and the gears were stripping but it wasnt .It was the crown and pinion were never a match so they didnt mesh properly at all thus having large gaps in the meshing and causing the gear to come loose skip and strip teeth .

When howard cho was at Nanda whatever he tested was great and the first batch of gears which were a small amount were perfect but then when he left to pursue other interests things went backwards .
Samantha who now has taken over Howards job has no technical knowledge at all so its a waste of time asking her .Owen is the best that they have got now but he doesnt speak english .

I have truggies in stock that i cannot sell so my advice to you luther is dont bring any truggies into the usa until everything is perfect .

For the people who do have truggies at this stage from around the world make sure you shim the gearbox tight and run the gearbox in off the truggy for about 3o minutes maybe use a drill driver or something like we did and let the crown gear and pinion mesh together to become a match as the thickness of the teeth of the pinion are way to thick and the pitch is way out but this is one way of fixing the problem for the short term .The guys in malaysia are doing the same thing .

Just trying to help you out .

LUTHER I KNOW YOUR DOING YOUR BEST BUT AS YOU KNOW THE AMERICAN R/C IS SMALL WORLD WERE EVERYONE KNOWS EACHOTHER AND BRANDS WITH MANY PRODUCTS SO YOU NEED EVERYTHING TO BE PERFECT OR ITS GAME OVER IM SURE YOU KNOW THAT .

GOOD LUCK WITH IT ALL YOU GUYS ARE GOING GREAT .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #1950
Tech Master

Default Testing

Angelo I am sorry there were problems with your truggies,that is why we have done so much testing with our team,we at TQ make certain changes to our cars that are diffrent then the actual nanda cars some are done here after the kits arrive in the Us.

We believe that evry market is diffrent and you have to fine tune your product to fit in your market.

Our truggy is very good the,factory listened and we help them solve some of the early problems,this is why we waited to release the product in our market.We have also done the same with the SX8 09,we made the changes to make the car preform at a higher level for this tough Us Market.

We have the same relationship with our factory as Jammin and Hong Nor,we are commited to excellence for our customers.