Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
I'm itching to run the truggy.
ditto
Old 06-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #167
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

hey guys, we went out last night and club raced, its been super hot here mid-upper 90s I ended up going up in shock oil... 50/35.... played with droop some more.... the fastest lap I've posted at the track is a 23.6... I didnt top that last night but more 23s strung than usual.... usually there's one or two in a qual.... the rest low 24s.... So I'd say the thicker oil added some consistency in the bumps and the droop messing gave it a bit more steering
Old 06-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #168
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirerc View Post
Here is a short video of my SX8 at a track near chico.

Link to YouTube Video

for better quality click the watch in high quality link below the views count...

Here are a couple of setup sheets that I have put together, I have about 2 gallons on the car now. The first sheet (v1.0a) is a base setup that I have so far, and the second (v1.1a) is the next set of changes I'm going to make for the next test session.
Hey Guys,

I was out at the Race and Practice sesion last weekend with Joel and the group of guys that raced that weekend from the Sacramento Area. (In fact I'm the one that shot the video). I've been fairly successful in the sportsman class this year and basically just started racing last fall. I run both an 8T & 8B.

Anyway Joel let us all drive the car during practice the day before the race. WOW! The car is hooked up. After a few laps getting used to his controller and power on his engine I was able to stay on throttle through the turns, (it's like the car was glued to the track!). The car jumped really well, handled really well in the rough sections and had some wicked brakes. I'm sure that anyone from complete beginner to expert can be very successful with this car.

I will be buying one as soon as we get some at the local dealer her in Nor-Cal. I'm also very interested in the Truggy.......
Keep up the good work guys!
carlosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #169
Tech Master

Default Thanks

Guys we are doing our best to get the cars in new dealers hands but for right now if you are looking for the car you can go to our sight and find a dealer that has the product.

Also any one that has a local shop please post the info and we will have our salesman give them a call
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #170
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree with Carlosm that it is an easy car to drive if you never drove a nitro car before. When Newland let me not only run his but actually race it I took the offer. I had the same deal in that I had to get used to his controller and the throttle, since I only race electric. But once I got used to everything it felt like I had been driving it for months. I am not a beginner but was to running a nitro and I think the car is really balanced even for a newbie nitro guy. I would deffinitely buy one if I had an interest in nitro, but my love is electric onroad at the moment. I am sure Tony would like to change that.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #171
Tech Master

Default Great Weekend

Racers we are happy to say we had a good weekend.

Team Driver Mark Christman wins the Buggy Showdown at Wolcott,and fellow team driver Lester bumps from the C to the A.

Thanks Racers
Local racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:01 PM   #172
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Guys, I just picked up a used SX8 and it cam with silver/chrome springs, are these softer or harder than the white springs? Thanks!
KDub75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #173
Tech Champion

If they are our springs they are the same white and silver.......
Old 07-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #174
Tech Champion

Supercross 8 buggy wins again! this time the 5th round of our RMCTour
points series here in Utah.... the car was awesome, I tried a bunch of
different stuff all day and ended up right back at my base setup again
except moving the bottom of the rear shocks to the outside hole. I did
have one of the seal retainers unscrew half way through the main on one
of my rear shocks, that slowed me down alot...the jump faces were blown
out. Earlier in the day I posted a 23.1sec lap in quals... thats 3
tenths faster than my last fastest lap (which was the last track
record).

Panther buggy boas are hooked up!

Another thing I tried was some proline V2 big wheels..... I didnt like
them, at least on our smaller track (130x50) It loosened the car up too
much and made sidebite really unpredictable, I ended up right back to
old school panther wheels
Old 07-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #175
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
This is the same buggy called the Radical Z8 and Nanda NRB-3. Nice car.

They will have a big-name driver running one at the RC Pro Texas State Series race on the 17th... but he's an R&D driver instead of a "Team" driver.

Parts quality and attention to detail on this car looks really good. I haven't driven one, but the folks that are driving them seem to like them.

Best of luck to the TQ team!

The new TQ buggy actually reminds me about the Power Racing-Swift and it is still current with Nanda. They kinda look alike. The new TQ buggy also look alike with the Mugen. According to the Tq website, you cannot see the radio and RX battery box, but just look like Mbx5 as I pulled the pictures from the Nanda website.

If this buggy is made by Nanda, this is a Chinese factory with some Chinese engineer or joint adventure with some other foreigners. Selling price is only 429, this is very cheap. I am not saying this is not a good buggy or things in that nature. I prefer a Taiwan company over China company due to quality control issue as well as some long term parts support etc... May be "Nanda" has a strict QC department, then this is different.

I wish I can see the new TQ in person. But, i do have experience with the Swift, not that impressive as well as the Raptor. These all are made by Nanda. If you all are saying this is such an impressive buggy-for quality-wise. Then, this is really a big improvement for Nanda.

But, I can say it will be tough for the USA importer/agent/dealer when they have isues with the products and need to negotiate with these Chinese manufacturers. As, i also know a sponsored driver for CEN and he said it is a pain the rear to get communicated with CEN.

Anyway, hope the long term test will prove the TQ will be able to sustained himself in this tough 1/8 buggy market.

Hope did not offend any one who loves TQ buggy. But, I really point out that if the buggy is made by Nanda, then think twice as we have some many options now.....Manufacturer represents a lot, especially in the RC car field.

Cheers.
rctech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #176
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcejk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Supercross 8 buggy wins again! this time the 5th round of our RMCTour
points series here in Utah.... the car was awesome, I tried a bunch of
different stuff all day and ended up right back at my base setup again
except moving the bottom of the rear shocks to the outside hole. I did
have one of the seal retainers unscrew half way through the main on one
of my rear shocks, that slowed me down alot...the jump faces were blown
out. Earlier in the day I posted a 23.1sec lap in quals... thats 3
tenths faster than my last fastest lap (which was the last track
record).

Panther buggy boas are hooked up!

Another thing I tried was some proline V2 big wheels..... I didnt like
them, at least on our smaller track (130x50) It loosened the car up too
much and made sidebite really unpredictable, I ended up right back to
old school panther wheels
Congrats Tony! Seams like the base setup is truly the all around set up for the buggy?! What panther tires seams to be working the best for you?
Old 07-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #177
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good Job Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trey will be racing the F.S.O.R.S. Series race at Outacontrol Hobbies near Orlando,Fl (weekend coming)
Cell (352) 342-4400
Office voice and fax (352)546-5640
coldfusionfuel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #178
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctech2008 View Post
The new TQ buggy actually reminds me about the Power Racing-Swift and it is still current with Nanda. They kinda look alike. The new TQ buggy also look alike with the Mugen. According to the Tq website, you cannot see the radio and RX battery box, but just look like Mbx5 as I pulled the pictures from the Nanda website.

If this buggy is made by Nanda, this is a Chinese factory with some Chinese engineer or joint adventure with some other foreigners. Selling price is only 429, this is very cheap. I am not saying this is not a good buggy or things in that nature. I prefer a Taiwan company over China company due to quality control issue as well as some long term parts support etc... May be "Nanda" has a strict QC department, then this is different.

I wish I can see the new TQ in person. But, i do have experience with the Swift, not that impressive as well as the Raptor. These all are made by Nanda. If you all are saying this is such an impressive buggy-for quality-wise. Then, this is really a big improvement for Nanda.

But, I can say it will be tough for the USA importer/agent/dealer when they have isues with the products and need to negotiate with these Chinese manufacturers. As, i also know a sponsored driver for CEN and he said it is a pain the rear to get communicated with CEN.

Anyway, hope the long term test will prove the TQ will be able to sustained himself in this tough 1/8 buggy market.

Hope did not offend any one who loves TQ buggy. But, I really point out that if the buggy is made by Nanda, then think twice as we have some many options now.....Manufacturer represents a lot, especially in the RC car field.

Cheers.
Dear Sir

I understand were you are coming from and im with you on some points but there are some points here were i need to explain to you so you understand and are not mis informed ok.

1.first of all the nrb-3 is nothing like the swift first of all the swift was pivot ball and the nrb-3 is c hub.

2.the swift was made for a company called power racing and not for nanda .

3.Nanda made the swift for power racing under the instructions of power racing and its quality control.Like they do with many other companies they OEM for .

4.Nanda will produce you anything you need from low quality,medium to the high end products depending on what your budget is they take orders from there customers and do as there customers request.

5. Nanda will produce anything you need depending on your requirments and budget .They will not produce anything top quality if you want to use cheap poor quality materials and that goes for any factory around the world being in china,Europe or the USA .like they say you get what you paid for correct?

6.The nrb-3 is a high end quality buggy from nanda that no expense has been spared to produce this product like many of the other nanda branded products.The sx8 is the quality of the NRB-3 same car with some extras added in .

7.you will also know that the Nanda raptor is different in quality than the oem product as thats what the oem customer expects a budget line .

example i will not give you a spectrum system if you are only willing to pay for an Am crystal radio bottom of the line right?

we do you think your clothing is made the US,Europe more like china under the quality control of the brand label .

I have visited Nandas factory and they produce all types of quality and most of it is high end 100% top quality .I also know of other high end brands with big names that still to today have quality issues like blown diffs,poor plastics and i mean very poor plastics etc etc etc .Did you know that some high end products have now moved from taiwan to china for manufacturing?I know as i am a manufacturer of my own brand .My rims are made in our own factory in china made from the best materials known to man but please try and crack one and warp one you wont be able .But as you know not metioning any other names you do have some rims manufactured in the USA and they are one of the poorest quality i have ever witnessed and your are the guys who are complaning about them on other threads on this forum .

So please dont put down the chinese factories as they can produce quality products depending on how much you want to pay like any other country .

I hope this helps.

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China

Last edited by COBRARACING; 07-06-2008 at 05:02 PM.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #179
Tech Rookie

Angelo,

Have I ever said "Nanda" makes poor quality products?

Chill out!

If stuff are not made in China, I guess we cannot afford nothing now..

You visited Nanda, good deal, its a very unique experinence to visit someone else's company!! They usually do not show their production environment to the others. But looks like you are having some busines, such as an importer etc...Look at this thread in this forums, I do not see many outsiders, usually messages are posted by the same group of people.

See how many people will buy one! Once again, if you see OEM products, like they can sell it under different brands?? Hum..I may stay away. Even thunder tiger EB4, Cen matrix, all these are good buggies, but hardly earn popularity here in USA! I think this hobby can definitely win sales by popularity. I have 8ight, and yes I have problems with them too. If you would like to support Nanda, try to convince people buying one from different perspectives.

Do you see MBX5 is being sold under company XYZ?

Do you see 8ight is being sold under company YJK?

I am not saying TQ is not a good buggy, Nanda did a good job to earn the contract to make this buggy with TQ company!

Every buggy will have their weakness areas, but it dont mean they are no good. Weather to determine this is a good buggy or not, it's so subjective. But, i would say 80% driver, 20% buggy!

If I post my points in Ofna or Losi website, I will earn more haters! But, I am NOT trying to start a flame or hating TQ!!!!!

I do not hate TQ, as a matter of fact that I am using TQ fuel myself. I am very netural with TQ buggy as I have not yet touched and run it yet. But, I feel I want to say something about this new TQ buggy. I could be totally wrong, but hey that's the purpose for setting up forums/threads to talk about stuff. But, a few months down the road, we will see if the new TQ buggy will hook up some 8ight, RC8, mugen drives...Happy rcing

Last edited by rctech2008; 07-06-2008 at 06:16 PM.
rctech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:09 PM   #180
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After all that said

Trey likes the NEW TQ buggy
Cell (352) 342-4400
Office voice and fax (352)546-5640
coldfusionfuel1 is offline   Reply With Quote