Wiki Posts
Search

My new favorite store!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default My new favorite store!!!!!

If you have a Harbor Freight Tools in your area and you havent gone to check it out you should. They have a lot of cool stuff and the prices are cheap.

I picked up a pistol style air gun for my compressor (had to copy Jaz once I saw how well it worked) and it was $3.99 some digital calipers for $19.99. They had a $6.99 caliper but I wanted a better one. Anyway they have some cool stuff for your wrenching table.

They even had a wash station that looked awesome.

Its worth the drive even if you dont have really close to you.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ah ya, the Chinese tool store. Cool place, most of the stuff is okay, some pretty rough in quality though. Sometimes even though what you buy there may wear out faster, it costs 1/2 to 1/3 of the better brands. Upgrade RC sells some parts cleaning brushes for 12 bucks or more, you can get 2 for 1.99 at HF. They have an airbrush stand for 5 bucks or so. I use the small airbrush compressor from HF.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I agree the quality is sub par. They were the only place I could find a pistol grip air gun though. Home Depot, Sears, and Ace did not have them.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Initiate

You can also find a cheap leather puch for making holes in tires before you mount them at Harbor Freight, bulk zip ties, and heat shrink wrap.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yeah, its one of my favorites too. We call it the one shot store. Meaning sometimes you can buy a tool that will last just long enough to do a job (tile cutter, nail gun, etc...) Cheaper in some cases than renting the tool. But still cheap enough to buy it and got that one project done.....
Old 07-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My RC tools from harbor freight include my heat gun, two digital calipers, a protractor, and a small digital balance. The most expensive item in that list was the bigger caliper at $19.99 (needed it and didn't want to wait for a sale), the rest were all $9.99. I took the balance to work and checked it with a set of standard wieghts and it was dead on at every weight I tried.

The one thing I can't recommend for RC are the hex wrenches, they are made from soft metal and will round off very quickly.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Check this out I got it for $6 at Harbor freight

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ve-racers.html