Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Nitro Fuel Iraq >

Nitro Fuel Iraq

Nitro Fuel Iraq

Old 05-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Nitro Fuel Iraq

Just a quick question : I will be deploying to Iraq here in little while, does anyone know who would ship nitro fuel to Iraq ??
Old 05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sorry that I can't help you with your question, but I wanted to say Thank You, and stay safe!!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

my buddies that are in kuwait say its impossible to get. A lot of people run elec 1/10 or converted 1/8
Old 05-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

usually fuel has to be shipped ups ground. maybe someone could ship u some. not sure if they test or xray packages. if they do send it dont use a retrun address lol.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No fuel in Iraq? Man, that is almost an oxymoron. Too bad, I was there in the early 90s, that would be a great place to bash around. We bashed around in a hummer and had a great time. Those Hummers are awesome.

Anyways, thanks for your service and godspeed.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thanks for your service!!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I know they have gasoline. So get an HPI 5B Baja. Those things will run 45 minutes on a tank.

God bless and be safe.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes dealt with it a few years ago you cannot get nitro in iraq i tried and tried the only way to do it is have someone here take a mouthwash container and clean it out really well and put nitro in it something blue or orange that would match the color of mouthwash and have fun oh yea dont forget have the top shrink wraped again before it is sent if it is searched without the wrap they will check it dont ask me how i know this but it hasbeen done and will be done again now obviously mwahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahha watch out for the sand chiggers over there lol i had gotten into a nest of them and i was hurtin in no time lolool
Old 05-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by goodtunes1978
yes dealt with it a few years ago you cannot get nitro in iraq i tried and tried the only way to do it is have someone here take a mouthwash container and clean it out really well and put nitro in it something blue or orange that would match the color of mouthwash and have fun oh yea dont forget have the top shrink wraped again before it is sent if it is searched without the wrap they will check it dont ask me how i know this but it hasbeen done and will be done again now obviously mwahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahha watch out for the sand chiggers over there lol i had gotten into a nest of them and i was hurtin in no time lolool
wow... lol
Old 05-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I also thank you for your service and will give you what info I have. First off try talking to these guys:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175470

They are a group of Filipinos living in Saudi Arabia. If they have figured out how to get fuel then I would think that's your best bet unless you can find someone in Kuwait. I don't know but I really doubt you'll be able to find an Iraqi supplier. In case you have friends in the motor pool or supply or whatever, what we use for "nitro fuel" is in fact made of Methanol, NitroMethane, Castor Oil and a synthetic oil. Castor Oil is easy to get as it was once used as a medicine of sorts. I'm sure if you talked to one of the fuel manufacturers they would be willing to sell you some of their synthetic oil to take with you to blend. Very little synthetic oil is used. The majority is Methanol which you may be able to swap for ethanol. I'm not sure about this and you would need to make sure you use a temp gun in tuning, but I would think you could do it. The hardest component to get will be NitroMethane. This has been used as an explosive so your demo engineers might be of assistance. It's primary role will be as an oxidizer. Again talk to a demolitions engineer. Long story short, electric is much easier. But if you love the smell of nitro in the morning, or over there probably in the middle of the night, than this should be a good start to your hunting.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by H2oSprayer
Sorry that I can't help you with your question, but I wanted to say Thank You, and stay safe!!

+100, US citizens like you are the reason we have our freedom!!!

THANK YOU!!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

oh god i wont forget putting the paddles on over there with the sandgood stuff happened never seen an rc 50 foot off the ground till i sent her off the top ofa razorback ahhahahahahaah good times
Old 05-02-2008, 05:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

I just want to say thank you for all of your support and wow I did not ecpect so much response , There has to be a way of getting nitro there lol I guess maybe if we have 10or 15 people we could talk to chain of command and say hey can you help us out and get a 55 gallon drum of it lol.

Once again thank you all for the response and support.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm in Kuwait at the moment and I recently bought a savage X 4.6 and I order the combo deal which included nitro fuel I didn't expect the nitro fuel to ship seeing that they stated that they didn't ship nitro fuel to apo/fpo addresses due to custom issues and sure enough it came in the box. Plus since I didn't expect the fuel to ship I had someone from home go to a local hobby shop and buy some so they could send it to me just taped it up really good so it didn't leak and wrapped it well and sure enough I got it. So now I shouldn't have to worry about running out.