Wiki Posts
Search

New Hot Bodies Buggy!!???????

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Babygrand48
Does anyone know if there is a 32mm flywheel that works with the stock clutch parts? I have a 3mm chassis and currently run the motor mounts upside down but would prefer to just use a smaller flywhweel. Also on this topic, which bell can I use besides the stock one? There is a Mugen/Ofna style and a Kyosho style. Whats the difference?

On another note is it standard practice to fill the diffs with fluid or only to the top of the spiders as the instructions show?
Not sure whihc clutch you are running, but I am using the Answer Flywheel, 34mm, with no clearance or interference issues. I have the motor mounts mounted correctly also.. Stock Clutch parts will work with answer flywheel, but the answer stuff is just as cheap, and a bit nicer, IMO..
Old 07-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by revo61
Clutch trim pic here
It will make it hit harder for more power out of the corners.
Here's the one I'm using on my D8, from HoBao.

It is cut already and the spring doesn't go through the contact area underneath. So the shoe will wear all the way down without having to worry it's spring being scrubbed by the clutch bell.
You don't have to put washer to install them 'coz the shoe already have it built-in.
And it really hit harder out of the corner
Old 07-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone else have trimmed button head screws on their center diff? Is it rubbing the brake cam?? Every time I change my diff fluid I have to dremel them to get them off. If there a quick fix to this or would picking up the lightweight cams solve the problem? The lightweight cams look a bit different than the stock. The stock work just fine for me besides killing 100 button head screws a season.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Lightweight brake cams is the best solution.

Originally Posted by d8racer3
Does anyone else have trimmed button head screws on their center diff? Is it rubbing the brake cam?? Every time I change my diff fluid I have to dremel them to get them off. If there a quick fix to this or would picking up the lightweight cams solve the problem? The lightweight cams look a bit different than the stock. The stock work just fine for me besides killing 100 button head screws a season.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Brake cams...dremel the rear brake cam edge so it doesn't hit the button head screws when at full throttle. Make sure you dremel the 'inactive' edge and not the edge that acts against the brake pads.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

I havent had any problems with mine hitting on the screws in my d8 or ve8.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
Not sure whihc clutch you are running, but I am using the Answer Flywheel, 34mm, with no clearance or interference issues. I have the motor mounts mounted correctly also.. Stock Clutch parts will work with answer flywheel, but the answer stuff is just as cheap, and a bit nicer, IMO..
With the 3mm chassis the flywheel is about flush, I was hoping to be able to use the Kyosho 32mm steel wheel to get clearance and smooth the throttle a little. Just trying to figure if they are interchangeable or not.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay great. Thanks for the tips! I'll dremel the cam until i pick up the lw cams. After I took a closer look at the cam I could actually see where it was hitting the screws. Is there a certain amount I should take off or does it not matter.

That actually wouldn't get caught up enough to make the car feel like it was glitching would it? Ive been having a throttle glitch lately and Ive been going crazy trying to track it down.

Thanks again!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

well the D8 army is starting to form locally...2 more guys are making the switch over after seeing/driving my car comparred to their own...actully let one of them run my car for a qual. today and ONLY running my car for the 3 mins of warm up and the 6 min qual he was throwing down faster more consitant lap times over his losi 2.0 that he has had for over a year...way to go HOT BODIES!!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

answer rc 32mm flywheel works

I like Kyosho 32mm flywheel as it protects front bearing from dirt, but it needs kyosho style bell
Old 07-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Where are you guys finding the revised servo saver for d8. The one with the large nut.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

There are 790 pages to this thread and although I'm sure the answer is here somewhere I thought I'd ask, what items are needed in addition to the kit? I see the WCE front shafts mentioned as to the chance of them popping out of the cups but I also see optional long shocks and shocktowers? Just trying to get a list together before ordering at amain, recently switched to the d8t and I'm very pleased...Thanks
Old 07-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
There are 790 pages to this thread and although I'm sure the answer is here somewhere I thought I'd ask, what items are needed in addition to the kit? I see the WCE front shafts mentioned as to the chance of them popping out of the cups but I also see optional long shocks and shocktowers? Just trying to get a list together before ordering at amain, recently switched to the d8t and I'm very pleased...Thanks

If you are with the D8T hop over to this thread.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...d8-truggy.html

All I have on my D8T are the ACE towers and extended mounts, Kingheadz Servo Saver Arm and top plate. Towers for longevity, motor mount because he has them, servo saver arm to reduce flexing along with the top plate. The Kingheadz stuff was just within the last 2wks to see if they help. Good truggy and hopefully you do good with it too!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by supralative
If you are with the D8T hop over to this thread.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...d8-truggy.html

All I have on my D8T are the ACE towers and extended mounts, Kingheadz Servo Saver Arm and top plate. Towers for longevity, motor mount because he has them, servo saver arm to reduce flexing along with the top plate. The Kingheadz stuff was just within the last 2wks to see if they help. Good truggy and hopefully you do good with it too!!!

Perhaps I wasn't clear, I switched to the D8t about a month ago and am pleased with the move, I am now getting ready to order the buggy and wanted to know the items needed such as the wce driveshafts etc...
Old 07-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by WideOpenThrottle RC
Perhaps I wasn't clear, I switched to the D8t about a month ago and am pleased with the move, I am now getting ready to order the buggy and wanted to know the items needed such as the wce driveshafts etc...
Get the hot bodies aluminum servo horns. Thats it imo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.