R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default which 1/8 is for me truck or buggy?

This question is going to get alot out there, but i need to know.I have raced r/c cars in the past but it has been awhile. Going to be getting back in it so now I ask what 1/8 nitro truck or buggy do I buy and why?? Not a basher a straight up racecar! I have liked what I seen from the ofna(8.5 pro and hyper st) but I want other opinions to this ever changing and discussed question. and radio and engine and why. before I go throwing money around I want a couple takes on what has worked well or failed horribly. Thanks folks see ya at the races
Dr.Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

kyosho/novarossi/futaba radio/ proline accessories/ hitec servos or futaba servos !!!!
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DirtyDezPirate
Default ho bao

I started with HO BAO st truggy, it sure did pretty damn good, it handled pretty damn good.. raced two JBRL race with it last year, no one else had it until this year race. SO i see more ho bao truggys.. it felt more like an buggy verison with bigger tires and longer arms. so i think its a good to start with before you deiced to go for buggy cause buggies are harder to handle, theyre faster, smaller which flips real easy.. but if you have alot of time to practice and work on controling.. and if you know how to set up your servos to move fast or slow.. then your good to go..

i would suggest start with a stock .28 in truggy or .21 in buggy.. i perfer V-spec because theyre encomical and last long.. but onfa motor is also encomial though theyre pain in the butt tuning from what i learned.. everyones different.. i switched to mugen mbx5 pro spec buggy after the ho bao.. it was kinda hard at first keeping up in racing.. but after a while you learn.. i have raced on 12th scale electric and was on break from rc racing for 7 years.. now back with 8th scale.. it was a little complicated.