Wiki Posts
Search

digital throttle servos??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default digital throttle servos??

hey guys, i know some of you fo it, but i am wondering why the pros dont use a digi servo on the throttle servos????

thanks for the input..

matt
Old 04-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Its seems to be more linear I guess.? They zero better with out the stutter. Some times a digital will act as if its glitching in an idle position. Cleaner function. As along as a digital is under some load it wont stutter. I run all digital and really never had an issue. Maybe one of the pros will weigh in?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Its seems to be more linear I guess.? They zero better with out the stutter. Some times a digital will act as if its glitching in an idle position. Cleaner function. As along as a digital is under some load it wont stutter. I run all digital and really never had an issue. Maybe one of the pros will weigh in?
digitals sucks more juice than analog ones... some mains are long (60mins), and make 2 digital servos hard on the rx pack... and digital on the throttle doesn't seems to have a great effect compared to digital on the steering...

the analog is harder to turn by itself if the power is off... thus making warm ups for the race easier... let just say that the battery went flat during the race, the analog will stay in position, where the digital, and coreless, will slide open with very little agitation...

2 cents...
Old 04-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Most of the pro's I've seen are using 2 digital servo's. A lot weren't because people think it's a way of burning your nice new $100 digi servo out. I have been running all digital servo's because I like the speed of them, combined with my radio on HRS.

And with a 1400 pack, I can make it through a club race day which is 3 qualies plus warmup, and the a main without charging. Our club race A Mains are 30 minutes depending on turnout. Sometimes I need to use the B main as well.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Maikaitan
digitals sucks more juice than analog ones... some mains are long (60mins), and make 2 digital servos hard on the rx pack... and digital on the throttle doesn't seems to have a great effect compared to digital on the steering...

the analog is harder to turn by itself if the power is off... thus making warm ups for the race easier... let just say that the battery went flat during the race, the analog will stay in position, where the digital, and coreless, will slide open with very little agitation...

2 cents...
Thanks for the insight. I have heard that the analogs are nice to the battery.
Good point about the holding power is greater at less voltage than with digital. I have a digital JR z9100t and a z9000s they are thirsty mugs. So far I have been running 20 minute mains but I think I will keep this topic in mind for longer mains.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
Most of the pro's I've seen are using 2 digital servo's. A lot weren't because people think it's a way of burning your nice new $100 digi servo out. I have been running all digital servo's because I like the speed of them, combined with my radio on HRS.

And with a 1400 pack, I can make it through a club race day which is 3 qualies plus warmup, and the a main without charging. Our club race A Mains are 30 minutes depending on turnout. Sometimes I need to use the B main as well.
I always go into the main with a fresh peak. I may try to get into some lipo receiver packs. That would take care of the discharge worries but I would still have to repeak it as precaution.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

analog servos handle the full voltage of the new lipos without a regulator without wiggin' out . thats why
Old 04-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
analog servos handle the full voltage of the new lipos without a regulator without wiggin' out . thats why
i ran my 2 digital servos on li-po without regulators for about a year without any problems... recently, i got li-fp batteries which runs direct... solved all the li-po issues...
Old 04-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maikaitan
i ran my 2 digital servos on li-po without regulators for about a year without any problems... recently, i got li-fp batteries which runs direct... solved all the li-po issues...
awesome, lucky i guess
Old 04-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Some systems can handle the voltage, some can't. I won't try it because I know it won't work with my stuff but my buddy has been doing it for awhile now with no problems. Different stuff.