R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default Not sure yet

I'll get through the A's then see whats up. Kinda depends on if I go out to video this weekend. Everyone's been asking me to shoot the n-control race on Sat. I only shot portions of the other races. I might put together another one with several different races I'm not sure. I always end up with more races on tape than I make videos. After looking at the same track for a week I'm ready for something new to look at.

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i watch the vidoe awsome track and i like that track there
where is track from texas? right
taztal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Default Victoria Tx

Its in Victoria Tx which is close to the coast. Kinda between Houston and San Antonio. The surface is very strange looking but gets awesome traction. From what I've heard its crushed up shells and clay from some old river bottom around there. Looks like concrete at night. You'll swear its concrete. First time I've been down there. Everyone told me to go check it out and I'll be going back because its some of the best racing I've seen.

Here is the Expert Buggy A

Embedded
http://www.promofo-racing.org/Victor...ert-Buggy.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...pert-Buggy.wmv

Griz
Old 04-25-2008, 07:34 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i like to see a video gas truck ??
taztal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #20
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by taztal3 View Post
i like to see a video gas truck ??

most 1/10 are boring as all get out...as most tracks are laid out for 1/8's....i could see this track being interesing for 1/10's tho....Griz ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone know which car is Mike Battaile's in the buggy main?
kamlooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the all white one.

Sponsors:
GO TECH ENGINES (Factory Team) | VP Pro (Factory Team) | EB MODS (Factory Team) | RICHES BREW FUEL | COMPETITION PRODUCTS
TMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Great camera work as usual griz11... I cover most of the Ontario RC Racing (well as many as I can get too). I use Ulead and Adobe Premiere to edit my vids... What programs do you use for editing!? Also I'm in the process of purchasing a Panasonic 120gb HDD Digital Camcorder. What is the newest camera that you use!? You mentioned that your using a new camara... just interested in what you use because your RC videos are "bad ass".

Thx
Calvin
MSP33
Old 04-28-2008, 04:30 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Default Thanks

I almost went HD but after researching everything decided to get the best SD camera I could find which is the Canon XL2. I do all my stuff on the net which is stretching it to cover decent sized video at all much less HD. The only site I know of that does a decent job is vimeo but it still gets converted to flash. A really decent conversion but artifacts still happen.

But the thing that really turned me away from HD is the compression schemes they use. For instance tapes usually have 1 maybe up to 3 drop outs on a tape. Unless you pay 20 or so apiece for tapes. On a SD recording they usually show up as a pop or other noise in the audio and sometimes they effect the video as well but more audio than video. On a HD stream recorded to tape one drop out equals a half second of screwed up frames. The way its compressed any hit to any frame disrupts 15 frames or half a second.

I couldn't find a HD cam that had solid state memory and a viewfinder so I blew it off. Don't need the rise in blood pressure if a perfect scene was whacked by a tiny drop out. And no way I'm going to pay 20 bucks a tape when I can get 50 for 180 that are one step under the high priced ones. And easier on the heads since they are less metallic than the high dollar tapes.
Then you get into the amount of processor required to manipulate the stuff once its onto the computer.

I use Sony Vegas now. Switched over from Liquid 7 when they announced they weren't going to support Vista. Vegas comes with an older version of the Cineform codec. This allows you to edit on compressed video that is much easier on the machine then switch over to the real files when its encoding time. While you can do it with the included codec its best to buy the full package so its all automatic. That will set you back 200-250. But a lot cheaper than building a new computer if you are already running a dual core or above. I bought a quad core beast this weekend and now I have a 3 machine 'rendering farm' set up. The quad is the leader of the pack and I have a 3Ghz HT pentium and a 2.54Ghz pentium machines as renders as well. Vegas allows you to install on up to 3 machines and includes the software to manage distributed rendering. Download the Vegas trial and check it out. Don't give up because it seems like there are too many ways to do things. Its daunting at first but once you get used to the way its designed its a benefit as you are free to work the way you want to work pretty much. If you like that you can get a full Vegas 8 Pro with DVD Architect cheap. Go to B&H Photo and get the Vegas 6 they have for about 80 bucks. Its just a disk and serial number. Then you buy the Vegas 8 upgrade for 99 bucks and voila you have the Pro 8 bundle for about 200 bucks. Can't beat that price.

Last weekend was 1:1 weekend for me. Motocross on Friday night and I was supposed to get the Dual on the Brazos drag boat races on tape but Sunday was rained out so I bought a computer and spent the day revamping my whole computing facilities while the rain came down. Almost finished I expect it will be a couple more days until I can get some more video done. This new rig is super fast. Almost real time on the encodes

Griz