Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8ight T & Ofna Violator Starter Box?? >

Losi 8ight T & Ofna Violator Starter Box??

Losi 8ight T & Ofna Violator Starter Box??

Old 04-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi 8ight T & Ofna Violator Starter Box??

Hi

I have a RTR 8ight T and an Ofna Violator .32 which are becoming tiring by using the starter gun. Is there a universal starter box I can use on these vehicles plus my new Thunder Tiger ST1 I am about to order?

I have heard the Losi 8T RTR cannot take a starter box unless the engine mounts are changed to lower types, anyone have a link to this and some cheapo start boxes that i can use?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

That is correct. The RTR motor mounts are higher to clear the electric start back plate. You can put a bump plate on the motor and the race roller style motor mount and you should be OK. I currently have that confuguration with a OFNA Starter box. The problem with the boxes is having numerous pin configurations. I ma sure that you can utilize a paint pen to mark the locations of the various vehicle positions on the starter box.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone reccomend a good cheap box? I have batteries.