Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
throttle/break linkage setup >

throttle/break linkage setup

throttle/break linkage setup

Old 04-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool throttle/break linkage setup

i cant seem to get my breaks on without the engine stalling out ive tuned it properly its all setup right its open about a millimeter it wont sit and idle without stalling .. its on a firestorm with an os.18cvrx pictures detailed instructions would be appreicated
Old 04-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Not sure about your model, but it sounds like the idle screw is set too low and when you brake, it closes the throttle more. If its a slide carb, try using a rubber band around the throttle to hold it closed, so any linkage drag won't move the throttle slide. If so, then open the idle screw more. Watch you linkage in neutral and if when you brake, you see throttle link move or close more, you need to set the idle screw to hold the throttle open more.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

well its a rotoary carb .. i tried the idle screw but if i turn it out theres no opening when its on brake
Old 04-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

With the air filter off and at neutral position, do you see a small opening? If so, if it closes more when you hit the brake, then you need to open the idle screw more so it holds the barrel open when braking.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Brakeing and racing

I have a Firestorm and had the same issue with stalling out while on the brakes. Take a look at the clutch spring mine was broken from the get go and after i replaced it all was well and i didnt stall any more. I am having issues wtih brakeing now i can get it to slow down fast enough so i am waiting on New brake disk and pads from My LHS to see if that helps i tried all the rubber banding and the brake is adjusted right on just not getting the pressure i need.

thanks
Old 05-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

+1 on the clutch spring. I have had that happen numerous times. When you hit the brakes with good springs, the clutch shoes pull back properly, but with a broken spring, that clutch shoe keeps enough pressure on the clutch bell to kill the engine.