Big Bore shocks Turmoil? >

Big Bore shocks Turmoil?

Big Bore shocks Turmoil?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Big Bore shocks Turmoil?

Hello,
Does anyone here know if there is a set of big bore shocks that would fit onto a Turmoil Pro? Thanks

Blake
Old 04-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Set of Jammin's (Hong Nor) go straight on there if you use the Turmoils own rod ends i believe.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

What do you mean by Hong Nor? Is that a certain type of Jammin Big Bore shocks? Also, do you just mean using the standard shock shafts off the standard shocks? I really would like to get a set of these big bores for my Turmoil Pro, but want to make sure they will work. Thanks

Blake
Old 04-14-2008, 02:37 AM
Tech Addict

Hong Nor is how jammin is branded in Europe. Sorry, i should have made that clear, i know this is a mainly U.S forum.

I fitted a set to a Turmoil for someone a few weeks back and he is very pleased. We used the shock rod ends (The bit that attaches to the wishbones) from the Turmoil. I can't remember if we used the stand offs that came with the shocks or the originals already on the turmoil though.

It did change the car for the better, the Jammin shocks are very, very sweet. However i think that it would be better to save the money and put it towards a better car in general. The Turmoil is a great starter car but once driving has reached a certain level rather than throwing money at the car to hop it up i think it's better to sell the Turmoil and go for something more competitive.

I don't know what level you're at or age of your car or anything, that's very general advice. Hope it helps.

Last edited by IanWright; 04-14-2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-18-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Big Bore Shocks

I´m using Jammin Super Big Bore Shocks 16mm without adaptations. This shocks are great and if you planning to change your buggy remove from actual and place in a new one, also I´m using them in a Xray XB8 either.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

So you are running the standard Jammin S.B.B shocks on the stock Turmoil shock towers and arms or did you have to use a different shock tower and/or lower a-arm? Any info would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!
Old 05-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I had a set of jammin standard shocks on mine but I had to change the stand offs on the shock towers to the jammin standoffs.
They worked great it was like a whole new kit. 37.5 losi in the rear and 40 losi in the front. Standard jammin piston.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default BBS

Use stock tower and braces, the only thing you have to change is the ball end post. Turn on engine, warm it up and in the first lap at your local track you´ll see other car running. Enjoy.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shocks

Speed,
What do you mean by "endball post"? Are you referring to the post that screws onto the actual slider rod that has a ball at the end of it? I just want to get the fact straight before I spend the money on these shocks. A little more explanation would be GREAT. Thanks so far!
Old 05-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by superx421
Speed,
What do you mean by "endball post"? Are you referring to the post that screws onto the actual slider rod that has a ball at the end of it? I just want to get the fact straight before I spend the money on these shocks. A little more explanation would be GREAT. Thanks so far!
Definitions for you:

Stand offs are the bolt and fitting that go through the shock tower and hold the upper end of the shock. The stock ones are probably too short, which would make the shock body and spring hit/rub the shock tower. If you use the Jammin ones they will positively be long enough.

The ends they mean are the lower ends that go on the end of the shock shaft to bolt to the lower control arm. Use the stock ones from Sportwerks is what the folks here are saying. Note that I have never tried this...
Old 05-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Turmoil with Jammin´s sbbs

See at:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16935
Replace stock for this.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Turmoil + Jammin´s SBBS

If you are planning to buy this shocks look at Ebay.
See:
http://search.stores.ebay.com/Jennys...566615QQsofpZ0
Great Seller. I recommend.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Initiate

They also have a great stock of Turmoil Pro parts and you can buy them for a good $ .
Old 05-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Look.
Is this great or not?
Attached Thumbnails Big Bore shocks Turmoil?-p1010076.jpg   Big Bore shocks Turmoil?-p1010075.jpg  
Old 06-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Great race

I finished in 5th place in Rio de Janeiro Championship 4th round, behind XB8EC, MBX5R and Losi 8ight.

Turmoil Pro, X1X´s SBBS, quad brake, Byron 20% Gen2, Picco P7R EVO2 + JP-4, JR XS3, Hitec servos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.