Originally Posted by speedrj
Thats what I used from a jammin kit.
jammin stand offs.
Look.
Is this great or not?
Looks awesome.
I finished in 5th place in Rio de Janeiro Championship 4th round, behind XB8EC, MBX5R and Losi 8ight.

Turmoil Pro, X1X´s SBBS, quad brake, Byron 20% Gen2, Picco P7R EVO2 + JP-4, JR XS3, Hitec servos.
I have had great results with my Turmoil. But I heard the discontinued them? Have you heard any thing?
My Turmoil is one tough kit.

Good luck with the up grade.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Super BBS

Started from the boxes and best lap.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Red face Good writing

Spam

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 06-11-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I tried the Jammin big bores on my turmoil and found them to be to long, the rear shocks were ok..I could get the droop that i wanted, the front shocks were a different story..with the length you can run spacers in the shocks to correct it but it's a bit harder on the spring combinations..to much preload, i could not get the ride height i wanted, so i went back to the stock shocks..for you guys that are running the Jammin shocks what spring combos are you guys using and what is the shock length your running..
Old 06-11-2008, 01:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

My best freind is running a Turmoil. He has raced it 4 times at 3 different tracks. Last time out he TQ'ed buggy class. They had 18 entries in the class. When guys cam over to see his car they couldn't believe he had a Turmoil. Guys thought he had some super expensive setup.

He does have some nice stuff in his buggy. Right now he uses the OS Vspec motor with Futaba 451 brushless servos and Mugen blue springs with 2 coils cut off each one. He did mess with the steering rack some to take out almost all of the bump steer. Car has been dialed and I know alot of guys still are having nightmares of getting lapped by his Turmoil.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
I tried the Jammin big bores on my turmoil and found them to be to long, the rear shocks were ok..I could get the droop that i wanted, the front shocks were a different story..with the length you can run spacers in the shocks to correct it but it's a bit harder on the spring combinations..to much preload, i could not get the ride height i wanted, so i went back to the stock shocks..for you guys that are running the Jammin shocks what spring combos are you guys using and what is the shock length your running..
Jammin red springs or The turmoil red. I'm running stock shocks with Turmoil reds right now with Losi 40 weight. Its sweet.

Originally Posted by wyd
My best freind is running a Turmoil. He has raced it 4 times at 3 different tracks. Last time out he TQ'ed buggy class. They had 18 entries in the class. When guys cam over to see his car they couldn't believe he had a Turmoil. Guys thought he had some super expensive setup.

He does have some nice stuff in his buggy. Right now he uses the OS Vspec motor with Futaba 451 brushless servos and Mugen blue springs with 2 coils cut off each one. He did mess with the steering rack some to take out almost all of the bump steer. Car has been dialed and I know alot of guys still are having nightmares of getting lapped by his Turmoil.
The steering rack I put Jammin stand offs on the knuckle and the rack, the stock ones bind. The Jammins are taller.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Lord

BTW I have had great results with my Turmoil. Has any one heard of a new one coming or are they just flat out discontinued for good.? I cant find any thing on it and was thinking maybe I should buy a couple of used ones or even sell mine. I have so much time with it I would like to stick with it. I'm keeping up with some pretty fast club racers with it.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default SBBShocks Turmoil

I finished in 6th place in Rio de Janeiro Championship 5th round, behind 2 XB8EC, 2 XB808, 1 AE RC8.
I´m on the 6th place in the Championship.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Lord

I finished in 6th place in Rio de Janeiro Championship 5th round, behind 2 XB8EC, 2 XB808, 1 AE RC8.
I´m on the 6th place in the Championship.
Right on keep her up front. Shows they shouldn't have discontinued it.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default GREAT RESULT

I finished 2nd place in Rio de Janeiro Championship 6th round behind HB Hara Edition and before an Associaated RC8, I changed my engine and I´m using an OS VZB V-SPEC now.
Great result for a great buggy.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Lord

I finished 2nd place in Rio de Janeiro Championship 6th round behind HB Hara Edition and before an Associaated RC8, I changed my engine and I´m using an OS VZB V-SPEC now.
Great result for a great buggy.
I'm still running mine to. No trouble out of it. I'm not the fastest but I can keep it in the top 5 running sportsman.
I'm going to run mine threw October and then get a new kit for next year.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I'm still running mine to. No trouble out of it. I'm not the fastest but I can keep it in the top 5 running sportsman.
I'm going to run mine threw October and then get a new kit for next year.
Are you looking for someone in special?
I sold my XB8 keep Turmoil and I´m moving to a Jammin X1XCR FTE.
Good luck in October.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default sportwerks

Hey if anyone is looking or know of anyone looking my Turmoil is on Ebay right now. Car is in good shape handles awesome and has TONS of parts. Have more stuff that isnt even pictured shocks, shock parts sway bars, tie rods and a bag full of rod ends.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sportwerks-Turmo...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 12-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Time to say Goodbye

End of season, 5th place in Championship.
Last race of the year, The Symphaty Race, finished in 2nd.
Next year 16 events and I´m moving to Jammin.
Turmoil is going to be my spare buggy, only for practice. It´s a great buggy and I´ll keep it in a rack in my bedroom.
See pics.
Attached Thumbnails Big Bore shocks Turmoil?-p1000024.jpg   Big Bore shocks Turmoil?-p1000025.jpg   Big Bore shocks Turmoil?-p1000014.jpg   Big Bore shocks Turmoil?-p1000015.jpg   Big Bore shocks Turmoil?-p1000029.jpg