R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #31
Tech Elite
 
mblgjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AL
Posts: 2,175
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

How does your Green compound on the 1/10 truck tires compare to say Losi Red or PL M2 or M3?

Thanks.
mblgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #32
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpopracer View Post
Yeah Lux is Chris H. I called him about doing a body for my hyper 8.5 and he said he's just finishing his last bodies before getting out of the business. Guess its time to find a new painter.
Wow, that sucks...sorry to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim View Post

Andy, was I supposed to paint that other truck body for you?

, ,,,,,:flaming :,!

LOL.

...Jim
W.E.D.
I think so, I responded on your sgrid thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle View Post
Andy,

The tires worked great... I tried GB, CH HM. The car felt very planted on all the JC tires. I could put the car anywhere on the track . I had some clutch issues yesterday and the car was not as smooth as I would like it. With that in mind I need a rebuild to get that smooooooooooooooth power band that I know it is out there ....just need to dial it in. I spoke to Jason and he gave me a few ideas.

TTYL

Kevin Boyle
Nitro racing is all about the car being correct mechanically. THEN you have to drive it...kinda difficult at times. Good to hear the tires were working well though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHogle View Post
i run you illusion MBX5r body on my OCM KAOS EVO buggy, i think that it fits the OCM better the MUGAN, all the cut lines are perfect, thanks hope that you continue making killer products.
Sweet, I guess we know where the basis for the car came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
How does your Green compound on the 1/10 truck tires compare to say Losi Red or PL M2 or M3?

Thanks.
Well Green wasnt mean to compare, but it is our softest compound. It works well when the groove is coming and, and up until you run Tapers/BKs.
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic
 
Kevin Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post

Nitro racing is all about the car being correct mechanically. THEN you have to drive it...kinda difficult at times. Good to hear the tires were working well though.
I agree 100%..... That is why I am building a track at my house, so that I get everything working correctly. Then I just need to drive the car LOL

you have mail




Later
Kevin Boyle
__________________
JConcepts-Team Associated
Winning Edge Designs/wedjim.com
RC10B4.2-BJ4W.E.
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:21 AM   #34
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 114
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

how well do the stock j-concepts molded inserts hold up? I am going to pick a set of goose bumps up and didnt know if i needed to grab some ofna molded inserts.
Fierle03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #35
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 373
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierle03 View Post
how well do the stock j-concepts molded inserts hold up? I am going to pick a set of goose bumps up and didnt know if i needed to grab some ofna molded inserts.
I love mine but honestly only have 3-4 race days with them but so far so good. By the way Im running the DD's blue compound with stock foams. Ive never had a set of tires and rims glue up so well. These tires honestly fit the rims better than any other brand I have had so far.
blowpopracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #36
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle View Post
I agree 100%..... That is why I am building a track at my house, so that I get everything working correctly. Then I just need to drive the car LOL

you have mail

Later
Kevin Boyle
Replied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierle03 View Post
how well do the stock j-concepts molded inserts hold up? I am going to pick a set of goose bumps up and didnt know if i needed to grab some ofna molded inserts.
They hold up well, at least the length of life of the tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpopracer View Post
I love mine but honestly only have 3-4 race days with them but so far so good. By the way Im running the DD's blue compound with stock foams. Ive never had a set of tires and rims glue up so well. These tires honestly fit the rims better than any other brand I have had so far.
We tried to make sure everything was as painless as possible. Getting that fit just right is quite difficult, haha.
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #37
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 114
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

great thats what i like to hear. it sucks buying new tires then buying new inserts as well*cough* Pro-Line *cough*
Fierle03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:31 AM   #38
Tech Addict
 
RETRO RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: AUCKLAND NEW ZEALAND
Posts: 715
Default

really like the 8 buggy body fits really well with a few small ajustments to the body mounts

I run the 8t body also but I personally think it makes the truggy look quite bulky not as streamline as the factory I was wondering if you were looking at doing another shape for the 8t at any stage something like the XT8 body man thats a sweet looking skin

Adrian
__________________
Agama A8 EVO 11 spec/ Argus A52 .21
Agama A8T / Argus A52 .23

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:35 PM   #39
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO RC View Post
really like the 8 buggy body fits really well with a few small ajustments to the body mounts

I run the 8t body also but I personally think it makes the truggy look quite bulky not as streamline as the factory I was wondering if you were looking at doing another shape for the 8t at any stage something like the XT8 body man thats a sweet looking skin

Adrian
I'll definately put that on our list of possibles, thanks for the suggestion!
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #40
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Altoona, Pa
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I have to give the guys in the tire development two thumbs up...I have a set of blue goosebumps that have over an hour of run time on them and they show little signs of wear...I have run other tires that seam to 'tear' the pins way before they are worn...with the goosebumps, they show no signs of tearing

The blue DD's are just the same...great traction, great tire wear, and no tearing...

The molded inserts are great also...fill the tire just right, are holding up very well, and are just the right firmness for the tracks I run at.

C.R.
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:50 PM   #41
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 743
Default Note to JConcepts!

Note to JConcepts! Please help! The new Xray 808 body is well.... um.... not so hot looking! Could you release a nicer looking a body for that car??? Please! Please! Please!


CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #42
Tech Master
 
petevette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,243
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
I have to give the guys in the tire development two thumbs up...I have a set of blue goosebumps that have over an hour of run time on them and they show little signs of wear...I have run other tires that seam to 'tear' the pins way before they are worn...with the goosebumps, they show no signs of tearing

The blue DD's are just the same...great traction, great tire wear, and no tearing...

The molded inserts are great also...fill the tire just right, are holding up very well, and are just the right firmness for the tracks I run at.

C.R.
Man, if your not sponsored by JConcepts you should be!
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic
 
Tree's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Murrieta, California
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Tree
Default

Hey Andy, do you know whick J Concepts body will fit my CEN Matrix buggy and CEN TR Arena truggy? Thanks.
__________________
Team Holy Rollers
HiTec Servos
"N-Tune" Nitro Engine Tuning Dials
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #44
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Altoona, Pa
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevette View Post
Man, if your not sponsored by JConcepts you should be!
I give credit were credit is due!
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #45
Tech Elite
 
AndyMoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IFMAR Non-World Champion
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrazy View Post
Note to JConcepts! Please help! The new Xray 808 body is well.... um.... not so hot looking! Could you release a nicer looking a body for that car??? Please! Please! Please!


I'll put it on the list of possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
Hey Andy, do you know whick J Concepts body will fit my CEN Matrix buggy and CEN TR Arena truggy? Thanks.
I think the Mugen body is the closest, but its still quite a ways from fitting well. Cen went out on their own as far as body fitment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
I give credit were credit is due!
Its must appreciated, but we're here to learn what we can do better as well.
__________________
|JConcepts|Winning Edge Designs|
AndyMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JConcepts Thread AndyMoore Electric Off-Road 9448 Yesterday 06:56 PM
WTB: JConcepts BJ4 goldberghere R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-20-2006 08:06 AM
FS: JConcepts BJ4 cnk R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 11-22-2005 09:48 PM
[FS] JConcepts BJ4 - NEVER RUN TBone77 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-27-2005 03:23 PM
FS/FT: Jconcepts BJ4 $425.00 skriete R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-25-2005 06:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net