Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southern Indoor Championship

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

that's not true pro series rules say chassis only and all major races are the same.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

blackbart- where do you draw the line of sportsman and pro.....I ran the silver state and was in the J main. Local big races i run pro and I am in the C-main. So i should bump to Pro?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PUDDIN
I am sorry you fill that way. I have never won a race.
sorry doesnt get it ! People like u that have any type of deal of any kind is hurting this sport for the novice racer. I watched the race and there is not anyone that was there can say that the buggy sportsman was a novice race in the amain! When drivers are turning laps as fast or faster then most of the pro class you should not be in sportsman!
I also have heard the same comments about those drivers that run in sportsman just to win the prizes! They should LOSE THIER SPONSOR for their action!
Old 10-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BlackBart
sorry doesnt get it ! People like u that have any type of deal of any kind is hurting this sport for the novice racer. I watched the race and there is not anyone that was there can say that the buggy sportsman was a novice race in the amain! When drivers are turning laps as fast or faster then most of the pro class you should not be in sportsman!
I also have heard the same comments about those drivers that run in sportsman just to win the prizes! They should LOSE THIER SPONSOR for their action!

If they where as fast it wasnt me I was 3 sometimes 4 sec's a lap slower then those guys
Old 10-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

that's not true pro series rules say chassis only and all major races are the same.
if you look at the MANUFACTURE CUP RACE it say that in bold letters in sportsman class
Old 10-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

dont know why I am even having this conversation with you I didnt even win... lol I finished 6th in buggy
Old 10-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Last edited by PUDDIN; 10-12-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

If they where as fast it wasnt me I was 3 sometimes 4 sec's a lap slower then those guys
Well that's really not a good point as almost everyone in the A main was 3-4 seconds behind the leader in the Main I thought a few people even got lapped. If you have any Sponsor then someone feels you are good enough to represent their company as a marketing tool Period, and since you accepted the sponsorship you must share the same feelings.... Please don't run sportsman again... you've proved your fast now its time to Man up and run Pro !!!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

blackbart-so if you work at a hobby shop should you run pro?
if u are sponsored by that hobbies store! there are very fast drivers out there that dont have a chasis deal so they go to their local hobbie shops to get sponsord so they can get a reduced price on stuff and that person sghould run pro
Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Straight from RC Pro series rules.

#3. Some racers have picked up sponsors part way through a year because of their performance during the year. As much as we enjoy seeing these people get recognized the Intermediate (sportsman) class is designed for new racers and racers who just want to go have fun.

I went and had fun and have no sponsors = Sportsman.

When there are 4 drivers that run 42 laps and the rest of the field is on 38 laps with the exceptions of breakage and so on, something doesnt fit. I have two plaques on my wall. My fire fighter "Rookie of the Year" and SCCA Rally Co Driver of the year awards. My RC racing plaques and trophies are either in boxes in the attic or at the landfill. If you have to sand bag to win a trophy to prove you are good at driving a toy car you live a sad pathetic life.

Josh Aslinger- 9th Sportsman truggy
Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
I spoke with a "Friend" of the winner of Sportsman Buggy (Tony Panteshall sp??) after the Amain , who is sponsored by Byrons Factory Team Driver. I asked why he ran sportmans and he said " cuz he wanted to win a trophy and prizes".

That is some low down stuff. Guy has no shame, cuz they were laughing about it. I'll be sure to let Byrons know I won't be buying there products. He asked when he got his Castor Buggy prize, where is the motor (donated by Pro Twister) and they said they were giving it to a true sportsman driver. Hilarious.

There was also a driver who was sponsored by Hot Boddies. I think there was only 2-3 non sponsored drivers in sportsman.

I hope these guys like their trophies and prizes. Cuz they lost their credibility and integrity. Classless!!!!!!!!

I agree. I am a newer driver and am sponsored. I originally signed up for SIC in sportsman and I found out if you have a chassis sponsor you have to run pro. So when I showed up I changed my class to all PRO Buggy and Truggy regardless of the outcome. I still did well. 6th in PRO Truggy B-main. WITH A CASTER TOO! Yeah boy! I loved the race. They did a great job. Nice meeting you to Shane.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Blackbart,
sorry doesnt get it ! People like u that have any type of deal of any kind is hurting this sport for the novice racer. I watched the race and there is not anyone that was there can say that the buggy sportsman was a novice race in the amain!
I for one hope that Sportman Class never turns into or is ever considered to be a Novice Class, thats just plain BS. Can the novice racer race in the Sportman Class, yes, when a Novice Classs is not offered. Lets not conufse the two. Guess when the local hobby shop overs someone a deal on something that they need to make sure they register in the Pro Class for the rest of their lives. There are a lot of racers out there with years of experience racing in the Sportsman Class, where they belong.

Ed M.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

you guys dont understand how sponsorships work. They give sponsorships to people who can rep them well not bye how much you win. Point in case me I have won nothing!!!!!!!!!!. problem with sponsorships is most companies will give 50 deals to almost any one because they dont lose any money. Unless you are a prick or something. I am not going to hide like some of these guys I ran sporstman because I am not that good PERIOD. Next year I will run pro so people dont get upset but if I have no sponsors and run sportsman and I am so very fast you guys will still complain.

you guys are only mad about people being sponsored. What about the guys who beat me 5 other guys bye the way should they run pro? I should because I have a fuel deal?
Old 10-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

I don't think its a matter of chassis sponsorship. It's a matter of how fast you are and just plain and simple doing whats fair and right. Plenty of Pro class drivers had NO sponsorship at all. The top 3 or so sportsman Amain qualifiers would have been in the Pro B and ran laps similair to the Pro drivers. Thats the problem. I would say thats why they should have run Pro. Having sponsorship makes it worse.

My pitman has no sponsorship, has been racing for one year and enter Pro Truggy. He finished in top 5 in the B main. He feels really good about his finish and that I have major respect for him. He wanted to push him self. Not sandbag and walk away with pretty easy win.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
I don't think its a matter of chassis sponsorship. It's a matter of how fast you are and just plain and simple doing whats fair and right. Plenty of Pro class drivers had NO sponsorship at all. The top 3 or so sportsman Amain qualifiers would have been in the Pro B and ran laps similair to the Pro drivers. Thats the problem. I would say thats why they should have run Pro. Having sponsorship makes it worse.

My pitman has no sponsorship, has been racing for one year and enter Pro Truggy. He finished in top 5 in the B main. He feels really good about his finish and that I have major respect for him. He wanted to push him self. Not sandbag and walk away with pretty easy win.

I understand but I barely make the a in sportsman class in the proseries.To have people mad at me because i have a fuel deal and ran sportsman is crazy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.