Search

Southern Indoor Championship

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:00 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trbotony
simalar email went to byrons ...wow this guy will stop at nothing...

its all good bud they know all of us and know we would never do anything out of line so keep emailing my sponsors you only make yourself look bad

lol

i just seen pictures of the guys on the stand for the A main yeah only one kid ... its all adults so please stop saying that we were beating up on some kids ..lol

anyway ryan lopez is a kid and he crushed the pro buggy class i guess this proves once again you are just jellous ... get over it ...hater
Tony.... just stay in the PRO class dude!!! that is were you belong...
Old 10-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
You guys are making a big deal about nothing. He had a better than average race. His times at the state series would usually put him at the top of the bmain. He is not that fast you guys are just really slow.
ROFLMAO!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

TurboTony, I want to address some things and clarify some things and everyone else, pay attention. Thank you for calling me out.

1.) I have been on here posting my complaints about chassis sponsorship from the other side of things and to be honest, I can't go race at a big event and I am in the hobby as part owner of a manufacturer line. From a selfish perspective, I want the rules changed because I have the sponsorship down, but I lack the talent to run pro. Now as a new company, I need to figure out a way to get people to run my vehicles and sponsorship and discounted prices seem to be the only way to do it.

I do not like the idea that it is ok for GO or Proline or Panther or Castle or Maxamps to be able to provide sponsorships and grow their name, but I cannot because I make the plate that everything mounts to....and yes, all the companies I mentioned are friends of mine, so I am not trying to cause controversy and that is exactly why they are named.

2.) I was pissed because you and others laughed when you received the Caster car and you asked what you should do with it. That right there proves why you should not be in sportsman. If it was body clips or something, I would understand. I was told that you were a sponsored driver from Kyosho. So, thinking that you are sponsored by another manufacturer and you publicly insult a prize sent me over the edge at the track officials. So, if you are truely a sportsman class driver, you would at least take the free car home and drive it at your track just for fun. Maybe you might like it and think that the pro is better and think about buying it, or even asking for a chassis sponsorship. As for the rtr, I didn't listen and I thought that it would be a door prize and some lucky audience member might bring it home and we would bring another customer into the industry. That was my intent, and when I thought my intent was completely obliterated by the idea of it going to a sponsored driver of another manufacturer, I was understandably frustrated.

Now you keep saying that you want to send the car back to us like it is going to make things better or whatever or make the track and/or Caster look bad. We are just one of many sponsors and I will gladly take all this publicity so keep it up. Here is what I do want you to do. Since it is below you and it was an insult to get it, the next time you are at a track, bring it and if you happen to see a kid that is there all the time and races a Rustler in novice or runs electric, but you think he could be good enough to jump up into 1/8 scale and wants to but maybe can't afford it, please give it to him. Then you look like a hero and you aren't out anything anyways.

3.) A representative of Caster nutted up and changed from sportsman to pro instead of going the other way and he actually made it to the B main in pro in truggy and I congratulate him as it wasn't expected. He also talked to people and acted classy as usual and tried to promote the line. Exactly what I want in a sponsored driver.
However, Another unnamed Caster driver got their sponsorship pulled because of their actions at that race. If I was YOUR sponsor, as belittling as you make it appear, after your actions and comments here, you would be selling popcorn at the refreshment stand instead of racing.

I just hope that your sponsors see how you conduct yourself on and off the track. I would not stand for it.

Mike Mazza
Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tony, if you take Mike up on the offer to give it to a kid, think about Lewis. The kid that races at outacontrol with us who has his mom pitting for him. He has had the worst luck.

Just an idea.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

man caster sounds like a great company this is the kind of company i,d love to buy from. a company that truly cares about the little people
Old 10-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

mike we are both way above this ...i would love to speak to you on the phone please call me when you get a minute 407-908-4806
Old 10-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

this caster racing buggy will be given out at outacontrol hobbies
to a child i will speak to andy also about who he thinks it should goto
andy wins my vote for the best guy in rc he will point me in the right direction look for it at a track near you soon!

mike please do call me 407-908-4806
Old 10-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I was going to suggest that the prize be awarded to the sportsman that traveled the furtherest and drove the worst...and just to be patriotic...the person that was from the nation's capital! Having heard the idea about giving it to a kid at a local track though seems like a much better idea. Man, that is going to make some kids day!!! Awesome work Caster.

And just to get us back on topic....man, what a great few days of racing.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by modhobby
S.I.C. Photos

Click photo below to see them:

Great pics.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bbennett
Tony, if you take Mike up on the offer to give it to a kid, think about Lewis. The kid that races at outacontrol with us who has his mom pitting for him. He has had the worst luck.

Just an idea.
I agree. Lewis is a great kid and would love that buggy. His moms spends all day at the track on weekends just so he can try and race. Saves every penny he gets to try and get R/C stuff to race with. I always try to help him out whenever I can.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

mike ring it ....407-908-4806
Old 10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Man, I wish I could have made this race. I'll put it on my list for next year!

From reading the post-race postings/bashings, sounds like the typical Big-Race problems. I think the best overall solution is to have 3 classes, Sportsman/Novice, Expert, and Pro. The first 2 years of the Futaba Nitro Challenge was held in this format and it seemed to classify most drivers correctly. You KNOW if you are a beginner! You know if you are a PRO! There rest of us are Experts!!! LOL

You guys have to remember that these are just toy cars and that we do this all for fun, right?
Old 10-14-2008, 01:44 PM

Default The "pussy" cats out of the bag

Now Tony P. you need to tell the truth about all of your sponsors!!!

RB Mods
Go Tech motors
ZEGERSRCGRAFFIXX
Byrons Fuel
Panther Tires

And at one time were you not sponsored by???

Kyosho

Cen Racing

And you only drop your chassie sponsors so you could run sportsmen. If my sources are correct did you not almost win pro truggy at the 2005 southern indoor classic? Is not also true the have won pro truggy in the florida state series? It looks to me like you are a sponsored drive.

I did a search on google and your name came up over a hundred times. People like you should be band from racing rc.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Better to be a pussy ( you are what you eat )...than to be a chicken shit, hiding behind a screen name...ie one the likes of TheMysteryMan. Man up and let the world know who you are

That being said, I neither condemn nor condone the choices said driver ( Tony, apparently in this case) makes regarding what class to run. However, the RD at this particular race apparently had no quams...so IMO, your HaterAid needs to be spilt on him, not Tony. Lastly, he has posted his # NUMEROUS times and requested NUMEROUS times for certain parties to call him...why havn't you?
Old 10-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

well you are wrong i do not run for go motors and never droped my kyosho deal to run the race i havent drove a kyosho for over 2 years .. call ryan lutz at kyosho and ask him you are so wrong its all old info you should get facts before you post you only make your self look bad
yes i do run pro truggy in the state series ... they have no sportsman classs
but i do run sportsman buggy in the state series ... just ask me dude i will tell you i never said i was not sponsored
if you read what i posted it clearly states i pay for everything but fuel

you are a spineless poser hiding behind your keyboard ...with your new screen name ...ha ha ha

byrons
rb mods
zeggers graffix
outacontrol hobbies

nice try love your screen name too
hide behind your keyboard ...funny tho... next?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.