R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-13-2008, 01:52 PM   #271
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am the only one to get on the forum and take a whoopin but like I said I have never done this well and I will run Pro next year. Can we please move on to how great the race was. Sorry if I upset people I really feel bad that people think bad of me and if you knew me you would know that I didnt run sportsman to try to get prizes or to sandbag a win I truly did not think I did anything wrong and did not expect to do that well because I normally dont do as good as I did.

Matt

Last edited by PUDDIN; 10-13-2008 at 02:03 PM.
PUDDIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:39 PM   #272
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i do commend you matt for coming on here and stating your case, but 41 42 second laps would have put you in pro buggy bmain if not the amain. do you really expect us to think you got that fast over night. please don't insult my intelligence. you are a good fast driver this is a good thing. just run were you should, if you run with the pros it will only make you even faster.
jyfz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #273
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to New Jack

Alright, I gotta get on here & defend my Big Brother (Puddin'), I can attest that he usually doesn't run that well (and NO he didn't get faster overnight)! He and I both run the same class in the RC Pro Series "South Division", I will admit that there certainly were some SERIOUS Sand Baggers at this race (One in particular his name has been mentioned on here several times as well as a pic) this person I'm talking about clearly has NO shame as he runs Pro in the RC Pro Series events in his region and then has the audacity to Bitch about his Caster Buggy, this person is clearly NOT Big Puddin'. People have said that the Top 3 guys in Sportsman buggy should be Pro, I finished 5th in the Sportsman A Main, does that mean I should be Pro as well??? I was the guy who had 3 MP9's (of which I can assure you, Kyosho did NOT furnish me with) I may be fast too, but not as fast as some who Clearly shouldn't have been running in the Sportsman Class at all, you may now say that I too should be in the Pro Division, but I know better!!! Besides all the bickering on here now bringing this Race Event down, I had a great time & would love to come back next year, a Big Kudos to all who had anything to do with the Event, Race, & Sponsorship it was Truly a Fantastic Race & is perhaps my Favorite Race Track of All-time & I have been to several tracks!

Rides: MBX7R, MBX7R ECO, MBX7T, D413, SCT 410
New Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #274
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntracer05 View Post
Yikes, I was not expecting to see all this when I logged on. It was an awsome event and the best track I have ever raced on. I got 3rd in the Sportsman A Buggy. I too was a little shocked when I heard the sponsors being read off before our main. I have no sponsors and thought to myself that there must be some benefit to getting their sponsors name out.

Either way, I loved the race, am very excited about the 3rd place finish, and want to thank Pro Twister Mods for the great motor!!!!!
Tony, i hope you enjoy it, feel free to give me a shout if you have any Qs.
615-838-5373
mugenb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #275
Tech Addict

Damn Puddin, don't know if you realized how fast you were going but if you would have spead up by just 1/2 mile per hour, per lap average, you would have been running the same speed as Ryan driving the monster truck.

Ed M.
bentgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #276
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

this thread sucks

edited

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #277
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

you know its funny that over half the guys of both the sportsman mains had sponsors on their sheets that were read off over the microphone. i think every person that made the main this year should be forced to run pro next year and it should continue on like that for years to come. its pretty pathetic that all of this is geared towards one guy and he really only won by a small amount. its really putting a damper on the whole event because a few guys feel so scorned.

however, the guy that TQ'd and won sportsman truggy had every right to be in the class and he busted his ass all weekend drove a great race and walked away with a peice paper as an I.O.U. instead of the advertised prize. that is complete BULL.

I guess its a classic case of computer muscles. and you can blame it on the guy all you want but last i checked the people who put on the race are responsible for ensuring the level of competition as well.

as far as pattishal goes, give him hell because yes it is his time to move up and get out of the sportsman class and yes he is right there with puddin. he shouldnt have run sportsman but i will not stand by and listen to people bash Kawri Brown he is a true sportsman and pays for ALL OF HIS STUFF AND ABSOLUTELY deserves to get what he was suppose to. he is one of the best guys at the track and has no problem giving people the shirt off of his back to help someone and the guy has one dream weekend and he gets bashed for it.
Leon McIntosh

+1 leave it be its been beat to death and really leon is right it brings the race down and it was truely a great race

i for one would have no problem racing the pro class next year after then having raced a truggy for a year and a half and making the a main with these types of compettitors....

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:11 PM   #278
Tech Addict

ok I have seen you say that twice about him....he is sponsored bye Byrons like me ding ding let the bashing begin!!!!! ya'll bashed me for being sponsored bye them so lets here it guys. I got bashed he won it so lets here it goes ding ding. lmao
Old 10-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #279
Tech Addict

O and he is a awesome guy.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:47 PM   #280
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To whom it may concern,

Let me start off by letting you know before the race even started this was discussed with the officials and it was not an issue that I was running in the sportsman class. I do not have a chassis sponsor of any kind and pay for everything I need excluding fuel. The sportsman class here and anywhere is filled with guys that have sponsors. I am pretty sure that is why it is not called the non sponsored driver class and if that is the case then state it that way. They do not call it novice class because then people would say ďman your too fast to run novice ď. Hence the name sportsman, a class designed to keep average guys in the sport. Guys like me you and 80% of all RC racers, guys who feel they don't stand a chance racing your Adam Drakes and your Mike Thrues all the way down to your JR Mitchís and Leon Macintoshís . I really donít know what the rules are in GA, but here in FL and according to ROAR the cut off to a sportsman class is a chassis sponsor.

Being sponsored does not make you a pro. Just means you are a marketing tool. Manufactures offer 50% deals to pretty much anyone. These companies loose nothing selling you product at the same cost they offer to the distributor, and they prosper by using you as a marketing tool to push product. Sponsored drivers are not pros but they are the guys who pay the bills for them.

In my opinion to change the prizes and payout's after a person wins a race is just wrong, if sponsored guys racing in the sportsman class was a problem this is something that should have been addressed after the first qualifier or at bare minimum before the mains not after itís over. Iím truly sorry that the local fast guys did not win, had they been just a little faster this would not even being discussed right now.

The sheets from the mains show the spread to be less than a minute between the drivers, in a 30 minute race this is normal. Less than one second a lap. None of the races were won by ridicules laps and or time. Itís truly absurd that this has become a bashing session just because of who won. I do not feel I was breaking any rules. I never even saw any rules, some of you are making it sound like it was all part of the master plan. Not one mention of my 11th place finish in sportsman truggy, why because no one cares. But god forbid an average guy wins and all hell breaks loose. Bending me over after 3 days of racing and winning 1 race is just wrong.

At this point the officials have already taken away the prizes that were promised, publicly embarrassed not only myself but Caster Racing in front of everyone at this event and now on this thread. Mike Mazza I would like to return this RTR buggy back to you or Caster Racing cause it was used to be malicious and was not intended for the winner of the sportsman class but was to be given as door prize. Please feel free to call me at 407-908-4806 and give me your mailing address. I will be more than glad to cover the shipping just to make sure it get's to where it can be used for what it was intended for. Shane Keller the only thing left is this piece of plywood, here is the number again 407-908-4806 call me with your shipping address and you can give this the the same guy you gave the motor too.

Shane, I Tony Pattishall am personally responsible for over $2000.00 worth of entry fees to your event. I really pushed for all my friends to come, I really love racing and traveling and will continue to make this event every year in spite of how you treated me after winning. Two wrongs donít make a right. It deeply saddens me to think you can do whatever you want whenever you want to a fellow racer after the race is over, and try to make me out to be the bad guy.

Mike Mazza please tell me how I . And I quote you ďblatantly violated the rules and won your caster buggyĒ . What rules? Where are they please post them! You have made several post on here without all the facts. Do you just want to be part of something? Does bashing me make you feel better? Here is the # again 407-908-4806 im really not the 2 headed monster you are trying to make me out to be.

Prizes should have been given out as promised. The mistakes made help the officials to make for a better event for the next year. You canít tell a person itís ok for them to race in particular class and if they win renig on the prizes and give them to your friends or whoever you see fit.

I sure hope everyone can see the real facts here. I raced where I was allowed to race according to the officials that I asked before racing, I really donít know any other way. That is why I asked. Here is my number again 407-908-4806 please call me asap with your address so I can ship back your products and your plywood. I will consider the $120.00 for entries, the $500.00 for gas, and the $300.00 for hotel a loss, before I let anyone think I did something that was out of line or wrong. Im not in the wrong in any way shape or form, and if I was I apologize to those who think that.

Sincerely

Your favorite SPORTSMAN fast guy
trbotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:16 PM   #281
Tech Rookie

Well put Tony.

Matt Allen
knee0713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #282
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default WOW

The simple fix to all of this is the guy who won the sportsman a main should automatically bump up in next year's race. There is always going to be somebody who is not happy and complain. Next year there will be someone else that guy's complain about. What happen to just havin fun and racing, guys take this stuff way to serious.

Just my 2 cents!!!
TeamX151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #283
Tech Apprentice

in my opinion guys know where they should be running. when tony signed up he signed up for pro. then decided he would change to sportsman for what reasons i will not assume, but he did come up to me and ask about the modded nova motor after the race was over.... you guys know what classes you all should be in and dropping down to a slower class so you can get the super-cool prize is something that those that are guilty should be ashamed of. if you have EVER ran in any rc event and ran in the pro class that is where you should continue to compete regardless of who you are scared to stand next to on the drivers stand. if you go out to podunk middle america and run in the pro class then 2 weeks later you have to run in the sportsman class in southern florida or california because there are faster guys present it is just a bad move. you will never see an NFL pro-bowler drop down to the arena league just to pwn the field.
puba187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #284
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you are a PRO driver then you need to race with the PRO's, if you are not then race the sportsman.... JUST THAT DAMN SIMPLE....
the way It seems... some guys were just SCARE that they wouldn't make the A-MAIN event therefore, they whimpd out and ran the other class.... LOOOOOSERS!!!!!!!!
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #285
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would like to put my .02 about "big puddin", I have known Matt for two years now. He is a good friend and a great person for the RC industy, he has been involved with alot of companies in the RC business, not because he is the fast guy, because he is the guy that takes time with newbees to the sport, always offers a helping hand. Real pro drives sell kits by winning, good company reps sell kits and parts by representing the companies the way he has in the past. Does this make him a pro driver, no. Should he have been in pro based on his qualifying, maybe so, but in his defense, no he didn't get fast overnite, but he has never ran like that at an event of that size. Maybe it was having a good ride for the first time in a while, and some good support from flying ryan, I just know puddin wouldn't run in sportsman to just win a prize.

jlo
jlo8864 is offline   Reply With Quote