Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southern Indoor Championship

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Puddin

We are mad at everyone who ran sportsman with sponsorship not just you, actually no one mentioned your name you put it out there ....

Know when to Hush
Old 10-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

lol true but the comment was made about the xray guy....well see ya'll next year. had a great time
Old 10-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Puddin, I dont remember your lap times. If your qual times would have put you in Pro B maybe C. You probably should have run Pro. If not cool. It's not all about the sponshorship. It's (not directing this to you) some guys running Pro Lap times, racing for 10 plus years and then running a lower class cuz they have a better chance at the prize and trophy.

Trust me. I cant count how many people told me. "That was not a sportsman A main". The top 3 drivers had way too many laps on the rest of the field. Not to mention they were running Pro lap times. ALot of people notice. Tony deserved the Boo's.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
Puddin, I dont remember your lap times. If your qual times would have put you in Pro B maybe C. You probably should have run Pro. If not cool. It's not all about the sponshorship. It's (not directing this to you) some guys running Pro Lap times, racing for 10 plus years and then running a lower class cuz they have a better chance at the prize and trophy.

Trust me. I cant count how many people told me. "That was not a sportsman A main". The top 3 drivers had way too many laps on the rest of the field. Not to mention they were running Pro lap times. ALot of people notice. Tony deserved the Boo's.
I understand...guess i should have keeped my mouth shut. Just wanted to make sure that they knew I was not sponsored bye xray if the rules where run pro if you had any sponsor I would have. great race cant wait till next year.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by toycardriver
Straight from RC Pro series rules.

#3. Some racers have picked up sponsors part way through a year because of their performance during the year. As much as we enjoy seeing these people get recognized the Intermediate (sportsman) class is designed for new racers and racers who just want to go have fun.

I went and had fun and have no sponsors = Sportsman.

When there are 4 drivers that run 42 laps and the rest of the field is on 38 laps with the exceptions of breakage and so on, something doesnt fit. I have two plaques on my wall. My fire fighter "Rookie of the Year" and SCCA Rally Co Driver of the year awards. My RC racing plaques and trophies are either in boxes in the attic or at the landfill. If you have to sand bag to win a trophy to prove you are good at driving a toy car you live a sad pathetic life.

Josh Aslinger- 9th Sportsman truggy
Originally Posted by PUDDIN
I understand but I barely make the a in sportsman class in the proseries.To have people mad at me because i have a fuel deal and ran sportsman is crazy
Ok did you read the above post? U may feel u are not that fast but if u finished 6th in the amain of that race u have done very well and i will not take that from u , u should feel very good about that! when u go out and get any deal that say something. yes sponsorship is not just how fast u are, also how u represent that company!

Oh and sorry for calling it a novice class!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

this is somthing thats an issue in any kind of racing or competition its really hard to police....didnt the sign up site say if you qualify as fat as a % of the pro you would get bumped.. i think your average local "pro" or a main driver would be a sportsman at a national event.. look at local MX racing .. how many "A" riders do you know ..who couldnt even win "C" class at lorretas??? its the way it is.. its a huge event you cant expect to race against a bunch of novice racers...
Old 10-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Where can I find the results? I wanna c who won the A-main pro truggy.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

toycardriver Great job with the 9th place finish in that race! specially with the pro drivers that ran that class!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

leon mcintosh won seth wrobel 2nd
Old 10-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I was runnin 5th and ran out of fuel 75ft from the finish line on last lap. Went to pits filled up and finished with a 2 minutes last lap. Dropped me back to 9th. Oh well, it ran perfect all 29 minutes and 45 seconds. BTW, did anyone see any X2 CRTs there besides mine?

Last edited by toycardriver; 10-12-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh buy the way i may not had said this yet but the race was GREAT had fun! will be back next year!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by toycardriver
I was runnin 5th and ran out of fuel 75ft from the finish line on last lap. Went to pits filled up and finished with a 2 minutes last lap. Dropped me back to 9th. Oh well, it ran perfect all 29 minutes and 45 seconds.
Great job! will say all the classes was very tough competition!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Change the classes. Make it sponsored and non-sponsored classes. The sponsored class would be open to anyone that wanted to enter. I would think sponsored drivers would like to run with anyone, or at least the ones I know do.

I didn"t see anything "Professional" about the sponsored guys in the "Sportsman" class.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Team hawk
Where can I find the results? I wanna c who won the A-main pro truggy.
Cant remember who won! Berry was leading at the beginning then had tire issues.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackBart
Great job! will say all the classes was very tough competition!
LMAO!! I would say so with supposedly Pro drivers in Sportsman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.