R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default NEW BRAKE SYSTEM FOR LOSI 8 AND 8T!!!

would you buy a new brake system for your losi car or truck , they will be made just like another manufacturers brake system in losi dimensions . they will be a brake system that will last , smooth but strong , and very high quality materials . pm me if you are interested
monty

HPD
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any more info?

My stock brakes are fine, and theres always the newer losi HD vented brakes.
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:03 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Yea... more info needed. Difference? Why better? Etc.... Pictures?
luisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisv View Post
Yea... more info needed. Difference? Why better? Etc.... Pictures?

seconded
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
would you buy a new brake system for your losi car or truck , they will be made just like another manufacturers brake system in losi dimensions . they will be a brake system that will last , smooth but strong , and very high quality materials . pm me if you are interested
monty
HPD
Hey monty what are we talking about just new pads and discs or a complete new linkage system as well

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Hydraulic brakes? Though really, we don't need THAT much stopping power.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Honestly, I think the standard brakes are fine, but I think a nifty invention would be some sort of quick-disconnect mechanism to allow the brake linkages to be separated from the throttle servo without taking it apart or removing the servo horn screw.
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #8
Tech Prophet

this will be a vast improvement over the existing brake system offered for the losi cars . at the moment it is just pads and shoes , but if interest is shown for other products , they will be considered every time i drive somebodys losi car i comment on how the brakes either dont work or are on/off , never "man those feel good" . i drive kyosho cars myself (hint hint) and love to do anything to help the hobby . i will give 5 people the opportunity to test these out for me for 2-3 weeks , theywill give me feedback and i will proceed from there i have a feeling that this will spark much interest from losi drivers . one of losi' big guns that i know personally will be one of the product testers . i might choose one driver from rctech in america probably socal or midwest area but the rest will be local area as it is so much easier to get direct feedback
monty
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 04-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

sounds intresting.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Actually my stock brakes work pretty good...

I second the "quick disconnect for the servo" though... and a 2-piece diff mount to make it easier to work on!

When you say a vast improvement... in what way? More stopping power? Less fade? Longer life?
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:58 PM   #11
Tech Elite

I personally love the Losi brakes. I like a front biased setup also. If you have to use breaks to get your car to pivot, your driving style is just....odd.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #12
Tech Regular

I hated the brakes in my Losi ,as they would fade to nothing with in 10 minutes ? I replaced the linings and discs and it was always the same , just happened faster with some different materials? .
Now mind you the track I run requires a ton of stopping power for 2 corners thet are deadly with out brakes , you need them to load the suspension going into the banked turn or your car just blows off the lip and into the parking lot. K cars with the WC brakes or K factory pads killed everyone through this section !! I now run this same combo (originally a K man and will always be a RED army soldier) so t shouldn't be an issue but I know some Losi guys that could use some help LOL
mremtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:45 PM   #13
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Actually my stock brakes work pretty good...

I second the "quick disconnect for the servo" though... and a 2-piece diff mount to make it easier to work on!

When you say a vast improvement... in what way? More stopping power? Less fade? Longer life?
all the above .
Old 04-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Interesting, I do not have any problems with fade on my stock Losi brakes which I have finally replaced after a year of use, just for the heck of it. As far as a quick disconnect from the servo, I just used a small drop of CA on the servo horn adapter. Then when I take off the servo screw, I make sure it is parallel with the servo, never having to re-adjust my linkage. A 2 piece diff would be nice, however Q-Concepts already makes one, though it is pricey.

Of course, this is not to discourage you Houston, as there is always room for improvement in everything.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #15
Tech Prophet

my point exactly . and no i am not easily discouraged i have pretty broad shoulders and fairly thick skin