R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   NEW BRAKE SYSTEM FOR LOSI 8 AND 8T!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/215854-new-brake-system-losi-8-8t.html)

houston 04-06-2008 10:47 AM

NEW BRAKE SYSTEM FOR LOSI 8 AND 8T!!!

would you buy a new brake system for your losi car or truck , they will be made just like another manufacturers brake system in losi dimensions . they will be a brake system that will last , smooth but strong , and very high quality materials . pm me if you are interested
monty

HPD

Nik 04-06-2008 11:10 AM

any more info?

My stock brakes are fine, and theres always the newer losi HD vented brakes.

luisv 04-06-2008 12:03 PM

Yea... more info needed. Difference? Why better? Etc.... Pictures?

MadRussian 04-06-2008 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by luisv (Post 4330167)
Yea... more info needed. Difference? Why better? Etc.... Pictures?

seconded

RETRO RC 04-06-2008 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 4330052)
would you buy a new brake system for your losi car or truck , they will be made just like another manufacturers brake system in losi dimensions . they will be a brake system that will last , smooth but strong , and very high quality materials . pm me if you are interested
monty
HPD

Hey monty what are we talking about just new pads and discs or a complete new linkage system as well

rezenclowd3 04-06-2008 07:00 PM

Hydraulic brakes?:sneaky: Though really, we don't need THAT much stopping power.

captain america 04-06-2008 07:10 PM

Honestly, I think the standard brakes are fine, but I think a nifty invention would be some sort of quick-disconnect mechanism to allow the brake linkages to be separated from the throttle servo without taking it apart or removing the servo horn screw.

houston 04-07-2008 04:12 PM

this will be a vast improvement over the existing brake system offered for the losi cars . at the moment it is just pads and shoes , but if interest is shown for other products , they will be considered :D every time i drive somebodys losi car i comment on how the brakes either dont work or are on/off , never "man those feel good" . i drive kyosho cars myself (hint hint) and love to do anything to help the hobby . i will give 5 people the opportunity to test these out for me for 2-3 weeks , theywill give me feedback and i will proceed from there :nod: i have a feeling that this will spark much interest from losi drivers . one of losi' big guns that i know personally will be one of the product testers . i might choose one driver from rctech in america probably socal or midwest area but the rest will be local area as it is so much easier to get direct feedback ;)
monty

micrors4guy 04-07-2008 04:23 PM

sounds intresting.

DOMIT 04-07-2008 04:57 PM

Actually my stock brakes work pretty good...

I second the "quick disconnect for the servo" though... and a 2-piece diff mount to make it easier to work on! :lol:

When you say a vast improvement... in what way? More stopping power? Less fade? Longer life?

rezenclowd3 04-07-2008 04:58 PM

I personally love the Losi brakes. I like a front biased setup also. If you have to use breaks to get your car to pivot, your driving style is just....odd. :sneaky:

mremtr 04-07-2008 05:20 PM

I hated the brakes in my Losi ,as they would fade to nothing with in 10 minutes ? I replaced the linings and discs and it was always the same , just happened faster with some different materials? .
Now mind you the track I run requires a ton of stopping power for 2 corners thet are deadly with out brakes , you need them to load the suspension going into the banked turn or your car just blows off the lip and into the parking lot. K cars with the WC brakes or K factory pads killed everyone through this section !! I now run this same combo (originally a K man and will always be a RED army soldier) so t shouldn't be an issue but I know some Losi guys that could use some help LOL ;)

houston 04-07-2008 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by DOMIT (Post 4334121)
Actually my stock brakes work pretty good...

I second the "quick disconnect for the servo" though... and a 2-piece diff mount to make it easier to work on! :lol:

When you say a vast improvement... in what way? More stopping power? Less fade? Longer life?

all the above .

rezenclowd3 04-07-2008 09:07 PM

Interesting, I do not have any problems with fade on my stock Losi brakes which I have finally replaced after a year of use, just for the heck of it. As far as a quick disconnect from the servo, I just used a small drop of CA on the servo horn adapter. Then when I take off the servo screw, I make sure it is parallel with the servo, never having to re-adjust my linkage. A 2 piece diff would be nice, however Q-Concepts already makes one, though it is pricey.

Of course, this is not to discourage you Houston, as there is always room for improvement in everything.

houston 04-07-2008 09:11 PM

my point exactly . and no i am not easily discouraged :D i have pretty broad shoulders and fairly thick skin :lol: