Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Set up station

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Set up station

Looking for input for a off road set up station for 1/8th. and Revo.the Hudy looks sweet but it says on road but from their site I can't see why it would not work.I googled and the only other thing I found that looked decent was the Integy.The PMB looked kinda cheap.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I owned the integy setup station a couple years ago and it left alot to be desired. To much fabrication to make it work correctly, the hudy is top notch and I wouldn't spend the money on anything else. It's amazing how far off the camber gauges and eyeball methods can be. Since purchasing mine many of my friends that were sure there setup was spot on have been suprised by putting it on my setup station. Well worth the money in my opinion if your a serious racer.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Initiate

I found the Hudy off road part # they are on backorder,so are the Integy,but looking for feeback on anything else thats good out there.I don't want any junk.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The Hudy's the ONLY way to go.......its well worth the $$....i had the PMB....NO WHERE near the quality of the hudy....make sure to get the truggy top plate if i want to do a revo i guess.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Qmartin
I owned the integy setup station a couple years ago and it left alot to be desired. To much fabrication to make it work correctly, the hudy is top notch and I wouldn't spend the money on anything else. It's amazing how far off the camber gauges and eyeball methods can be. Since purchasing mine many of my friends that were sure there setup was spot on have been suprised by putting it on my setup station. Well worth the money in my opinion if your a serious racer.
I know what you mean,I use buddys but he moved and we don't what brand it is.Its all plastic but was decent,tons better that a camber gauge and my peepers.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Integra
The Hudy's the ONLY way to go.......its well worth the $$....i had the PMB....NO WHERE near the quality of the hudy....make sure to get the truggy top plate if i want to do a revo i guess.
You in AB? I got my JPX to quit leaking fuel it was that OS plug I had in it!!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dogger
You in AB? I got my JPX to quit leaking fuel it was that OS plug I had in it!!

i would also look into sealing the carb body...some picco's have tendency to leak when they heat soak...Pm me if ud like some more details.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

anyone have a good jammin x1x truggy set up for revelation in so cal?
Old 04-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here is a review of the Team Magic Buggy Setup Station, however the toe plate will not work for a Truggy, and I doubt it will work with a Revo due to its width.

Team Magic Buggy Setup Station
Old 04-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is there a setup station that will work for both the 8ight B and T without major modification???
Old 04-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you are wanting to use a toe plate, then the only way to go is with the Hudy, and buy the Hudy truggy toe plate also.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

I have the hudy and use it offen but i dont think a setup station is necessary, i was talkin to a factory driver and he has never used one, says a good set of calipers and a good camber gauge is all you need.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I checked out this guy's review of the team magic one and I ordered one and it is really a fine piece of equipment and just on friday I was at the track and a couple asked to try it and one guy had a hudy and he liked it,I also have a truggy and I sent an email to team magic about a toe plate but haven't heard back but would think something would come soon as many as there are.
I was going to buy a hudy but couldn't find one and I called the dist in TX and he told me hudy lost the company who cut the foam the parts sit in and couldn't find someone to do it, and he said he has a huge waiting list. I know they make a fine product but seems they could sit one person to the side and cut some foam, atleast they could sell there product
Old 04-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Tech Regular

I have the Team Magic set-up station and i found the quality to be top notch! I would highly recommend it as an alternative to hudy If you are using it on a buggy.... Maybe there will be a truggy toe plate available in the future?
Old 04-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The only problem with the hudy ones is they arent shipping any out until they find a company to make the foam box it comes in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.