Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
wheel scrapers? >

wheel scrapers?

wheel scrapers?

Old 04-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default wheel scrapers?

http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...?idproduct=291

i bought those, kinda curious to see how good they worked, and i dont know what i did wrong, but after driving the car for an hour, they were completely smashed... i can get pics if anyone wants.

im positive i installed then properly, then i took the car into my back alley, i think what happened was the rocks got caught in the rims and broke them.

just wondering if anyone else has had problems with these, or if anyone even uses em... to me they seem like COMPLETE trash. i thought carbon fibre was tough as hell but apparently not.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

They are not made for bashing. These are for racing in damp dirt/muddy tracks. It designed to keep dirt from building up in the rims. If you jump and bash, you will destroy them as most bashers punish the car and when the rims flex, they contact the scrapers. They are designed to give if something does lodge into the rim. Its cheaper it break those, than have it jam the rim and destroy your wheel when racing.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cf is Strong...when u actually get it....what u got was SSG or Composite with a Sticker on it to make it Look like CF.....98.5% of RC grade Cf isnt the real stuff...but like ezveedub said...these are for racing only so u cant expect much from them if ur bashing.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

allright, i kinda figured so.

even though i dont jump, what i think broke em was when i took my car out in the back alley and was driving in gravel about the size of the tip of yout thumb. im sure theres racers out there that hit bigger jumps than me (because i dont hit any!) so i dont think it was that. it had to have been the rocks.

now i know. thanks for the help guys.

/thread
Old 04-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
Cf is Strong...when u actually get it....what u got was SSG or Composite with a Sticker on it to make it Look like CF.....98.5% of RC grade Cf isnt the real stuff...but like ezveedub said...these are for racing only so u cant expect much from them if ur bashing.
i went and checked, and im pretty sure youre right... it was a CF sticker over some material that KINDA looked like CF, but it was all interwoven, and im pretty sure it was fiberglass.

wtf? why do they lie about it? thats BS, where can you buy real carbon fiber?

is the radio tray and other big pieces like that real? ive drilled into it one time and it seemed real to me.. but i dont really know EXACTLY what carbon fiber is either.

and when you say "these are for racing only so u cant expect much from them if ur bashing" do you imply that bashing is harder on a car than racing? i wouldnt think so because racing youre really ripping your car, where as bashing i fool around and stuff, not all "hardcore" with it.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No in racing, your car is used on a track which is usually prepped with little o no gravel or foreign objects. When you bash, most lkely on the street or backyard, all types of materials are there. I had a rock lodge in between my CB and chassis grinding out a piece of it, just by running it on the side of the track in the grass and dirt. I don't do it anymore more, becuase I find more things lodged in the car from doing that than on the track.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

98.5% so yes that includes all the RTR/Pro kit Cf u see on ALL the cars nowadays...None of its real......the small % of real stuff on the market is from Custom guys like me and Matrix Concepts...but even still im not 1000% positive Robert's got the same quality i Got....My stuff comes straite from Boeing's freezer.

Bashing and racing when it comes to general abuse on the truck....kinda goes both ways....bashing the Over and Over and Over repetition of things....constantly going WOT back and Forth back and forth...that kinda stuff wears and tears on EVerything....meanwhile on the track its kinda a power when u need it...and ur only WOT for maby 5-6 seconds on the straite anyways....and well for jumping n what not.....Most tracks jumps are more tailor'd to the trucks with Nics Flowing Smooth landings....BAshing is jumping wood jumps.. chassy slapin.....and ushally some pretty Knarly crash's.....but like i said it goes both ways.....and pending on the driver too....If he know's how to drive....99% of the time hes gonna make the Jump...and Not crash.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
98.5% so yes that includes all the RTR/Pro kit Cf u see on ALL the cars nowadays...None of its real......the small % of real stuff on the market is from Custom guys like me and Matrix Concepts...but even still im not 1000% positive Robert's got the same quality i Got....My stuff comes straite from Boeing's freezer.

Bashing and racing when it comes to general abuse on the truck....kinda goes both ways....bashing the Over and Over and Over repetition of things....constantly going WOT back and Forth back and forth...that kinda stuff wears and tears on EVerything....meanwhile on the track its kinda a power when u need it...and ur only WOT for maby 5-6 seconds on the straite anyways....and well for jumping n what not.....Most tracks jumps are more tailor'd to the trucks with Nics Flowing Smooth landings....BAshing is jumping wood jumps.. chassy slapin.....and ushally some pretty Knarly crash's.....but like i said it goes both ways.....and pending on the driver too....If he know's how to drive....99% of the time hes gonna make the Jump...and Not crash.
yeah thats true, i never thought if it that way, ive had a few crashes but i learned what to do to avoid those.

thanks for the help.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Initiate

I had a similar experince. i think there junk seem to brealk other parts as well.. if your looking to bash i wouldnt recommend running them