Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi tanks cracking? >

Losi tanks cracking?

Losi tanks cracking?

Old 03-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Losi tanks cracking?

Just wondering if anybody else is having issue's with Losi Tanks cracking at the seam, I was at the Nitro Pit in Az today with a buggy and truggy, and went through 2 in the buggy, one only lasted 3 laps, the other did get a full tank, on the truggy one lasted 4 tanks, the other lasted 2 tanks. The weekend before that at the Pit we cracked 2 more tanks, since there all cracking at the seam, I think its obvious low low quality, just junk. I wonder if thats why my friends have switched to Kyosho.
Also there were 4 other guys that couldn't make the main due to cracked tanks, this was all at the Nitro Pit, which is were they just had the Nitro Challenge, so its not the track,
Both the truggy and buggy have the aluminum braces, and gromets installed, so the chassis isn't flexing to much.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Seems like some of these newer gen red and grey labeled Losi parts aren't made by the same people that use to make their parts? Seems like they were subbed out to a lower quality manufacturer. I had two bad new fywheels in a row for my XXX-NT also.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Seems like I read this exact same post somewere before. Word for word......

Buy a set of futaba round servo grommets and install them on your tank posts, that's what i did.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

because, you have.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212285
Old 04-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Suspended

Since the first time I saw a "seam crack" problem arise to a fellow racers a long time ago I've made it my habit to put a coat of ShooGoo over the seam of every tank I've owned since - and (knock on wood) I've never had one leak including 4 losi's I raced a lot of times last year.