Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Any difference between 8ight race roller and kit? >

Any difference between 8ight race roller and kit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any difference between 8ight race roller and kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Any difference between 8ight race roller and kit?

Except for assembly?

Just about everywhere in aus anyway the kit is more expencive than the roller, you would think the time taken to assemble it in factory would keep the price up.

So im just wondering if theres any differences?

Thanks
Old 04-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Yes, about 14 hours worth of labor, shock springs, diff fluids and the box it comes in.

Otherwise, they're the same.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

So the roller comes with different springs and different oil or no oil in the diffs?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Both the kit and the roller come with different springs. They both also come with diff fluid. One is built one is not.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Don't confuse the man eddy....
The roller is the kit assembled. I am pretty damn sure that it has all the same springs the kit comes with and the diffs are definately oil filled. Not sure what oils....probably F5/C7/R2..but it could be a bit different. Either way the roller setup is a bit more versatile for most tracks and drivers.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I run the rollers and they come with different tires (the xbt tires-good for street tuning thats about it) It is Identical to the kit however on my first one I went through the whole thing when I got it and torqued all the screws down. Some needed a full turn. The diffs are filled 5-5-2 from the factory so I recomend changing the center to 7. Shocks are setup 40 fr 25 r dont remember the pistons off the top of my head. Get the race roller, its easier to find good deals on. 419 at losi parts house right now. Dont buy used either cause you'll only save 150 or so and many parts will likely be worn out. Hope this helps
Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Oh as for the rest of your question, it is cheaper for these companies to pay someone to assemble these kits that to individually package/check/ and recheck everything for the kits. Hence the reason associated and losi and other manufacturers are going this route. Mugen and Kyosho are the only top companies that do not have plans to offer a pre-built pro kit in the near future.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

I don't know what tracks you run on....... But the xbt tires actually work quite well. It's the exact same tread pattern as the xtt tires that comes on the truggy that everyone loves so much. I have been running the xbt tires that came on my race roller and they hook up on loose, hard packed, and dry or wet conditions quite well.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Nice good to know, I run indoor on hard packed clay not quite grooved but tons of traction. maybe ill bring those tires with me outdoors this summer and see how they perform, thanks man!