Wiki Posts
Search

medial pro question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default medial pro question

i just bought 3 new medial pro mk3's and one of them has a marked head with model and name and the other two just have blue heads. i was just wondering since they were just bought by a different company if they change the engines at all. the one without marking on the head seems to have more snap to it and is way harder to turn over. just checking to see if any one has any info thanks.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a M3k in my truggy, it has a blue head. Not sure about the other one though. Very sweet motor. Have about 7 gallons on it and still going strong but going to put in new bearings and c/rod. Awsome fuel mileage too!!
Old 03-30-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Were they all new? were they in a sealed box?

It sounds to me like the ones without the marking on the head are M2K's, or the earlier version of the engine. They came with a blue head without markings or cuts to any of the fins. Also, the black case hyas the area where they would say "nova" or "jp" milled out.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

i will look at the case. i have a friend that had 15 gallons or more through his m3k before it let go. and he got 10 -11 min run times. i just want to make sure that i got the same motor. thanks for info.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My M3K case is black and has JP milled on the sides. The head didn't have any cuts or anything like that. Only Medial Pro m3k printed on top. Same here for an easy10 min run times. Very consistant temps of 230.

When I first bought it I pulled the back plate off to check the internals out. And not thinking, I pulled it off without putting piston at TDC and busted piston skirt into 4 small peices.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

that sucks. yea mine have jp on the case just one dosent have any writing on the head. i actualy ordered three one for a friend and his has no writing on it either. the dealer wanted me to disassemble and measure every thing. but i'm not wanting to risk it. i will just have to see how it runs.