Cool 1/8 Buggy tyre!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cool 1/8 Buggy tyre!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

just had to go bashing didnt we? There are only some many ways to skin a cat. If you ask me, it looks like a company looked at several different tires and try to put them into one. Losi made a narow buggy with big bores... now everyone is doing it. Did it ever occur to you that they may have been trying to better themselves?? how many lightbulbs did Edison try before He found one that worked? Now EVERY filament light bulb it designed on that. HOLY HELL they copied him. Wonder Why???????
Old 03-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

i am using the proline tyres now, never tried cobra tyres.

VP Pro tyres are recommend by some of my friends.

From you , i feel cobra is the God,even better than Proline or so... the best on the planet,hahaha...maybe..

I have to try both , but i just trust my best friends ,anyway, i think cobra is good also, so money money out...hahaha...

But i didnot find any Cobra tyre here....no one use your tyres..most are Proline ..GRP ..JC.. and i know many people are waiting for new item instead of that , maybe Angelo,you should try to convince more customers but not like me so many bullshit here...just kidding , wish everyone here a wonderful 08 season
Old 03-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by derricklong38
just had to go bashing didnt we? There are only some many ways to skin a cat. If you ask me, it looks like a company looked at several different tires and try to put them into one. Losi made a narow buggy with big bores... now everyone is doing it. Did it ever occur to you that they may have been trying to better themselves?? how many lightbulbs did Edison try before He found one that worked? Now EVERY filament light bulb it designed on that. HOLY HELL they copied him. Wonder Why???????
Do you think anyone cares what you think hillbilly i dont think so go to a thread that concerns you and you only .

take care
Old 03-29-2008, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

wow angelo... for someone to closely tied to the industry you would think that rubbishing a competitors product would be beneath you...

Sadly that is not the case... You bash everyone else's products as YOU see fit... ie the GO engine comments...

Funny i never see the OS, AE, Losi, Xray, Tamiya, J-Concepts personell come on here and talk the rubbish you do...

"Of course Team Cobra as all our readers know is the Australia and New Zealand distributor for Nova Rossi and Go-tech
engines" in an article from 2006....

Last edited by Mr-s413bt; 03-29-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Angelo: since when did the Go engines become crap?? If they are a 100 % rip off of Novarossi, they can´t be that bad?? Or do you infact have one for your self to try??

You aren´t so bright are you? Cobra products dosen´t gain anything whit you out on the net, whining about it and taking cheep shots on other brands.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

In my opinion it basically does not matter if you copy some one's tread pattern it still does not mean the tire works in real conditions. There is more than just the pattern, it's the whole tire construction in combination with the insert properties and the rubber material. Good example of this is the many cheap chinese copies on Proline tires. They do look the same but the inserts are crap and the rubber material is not good. There for you get sluggish response, pins breaking off the tire etc. The difference is remarkable when you switch to properly designed and manufactured tire be it then Proline, Werks or what ever.

The tire if designed and made properly will speak of itself. Angelo is obviously a enthusiastic person who lives and breaths this hobby so the comments sometimes may be a bit harsh. Anyway you don't need to like his opinions but what I'm sure of is that when you try his products you'll love them.

In general it seems that this scene suffers too much from the armchair engineers that forexample JQ wrotes in his column. You should be openminded and try different things and make your own judgements based on that. It's more important that you find the best possible solution for you regardless of what others say or praise. For sure this kind of internet comunity is important for sharing the experiences on what works and what doesn't but still you should be aware of not narrowing your scale too much.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I believe the reason Angelo made these comments is because he is upset someone stole his idea and unfortunaly it is not the first time this has happened to him. How would you feel if you came up with a great idea and are about to release a new tire, someone else suddenly announces to release a tire that seems to be an exact copy....???
Old 03-29-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i don't care who stole what..... lots of things get copied its part of the hobby just deal with it. Angelo says his product is superior.....it probably is but we don't need all the team cobra leg humpers in here crying that they stole the tread pattern.....Angelo said in his first post it doesn't matter to him that they copy because his products are superior. after that post this thread should have been about the tire at hand not the team cobra version. i myself will be trying the team cobra tires and wheels this year because Angelo talks a big game about his product and i want to see if its true. i have destroyed numerous wheels in the past year so if they hold up i will continue to run his wheels. i will be trying the tires also. and i will be trying to get a set of vp tires to compare..... different tires work for different people with different driving styles
Old 03-29-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cheesecake
i don't care who stole what..... lots of things get copied its part of the hobby just deal with it. Angelo says his product is superior.....it probably is but we don't need all the team cobra leg humpers in here crying that they stole the tread pattern.....Angelo said in his first post it doesn't matter to him that they copy because his products are superior. after that post this thread should have been about the tire at hand not the team cobra version. i myself will be trying the team cobra tires and wheels this year because Angelo talks a big game about his product and i want to see if its true. i have destroyed numerous wheels in the past year so if they hold up i will continue to run his wheels. i will be trying the tires also. and i will be trying to get a set of vp tires to compare..... different tires work for different people with different driving styles

WORD!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

like a little boy who got his candy stolen. I race 1/8 off road, this thread does concern me, and has taught me something. If Cobra tires are as good as his owner, they arent worth what it takes to throw away And all my go engines work perfectly fine, a whole lot better than me nova did

can someone get a picture on here of the so called "Copied" tires???????

Last edited by derricklong38; 03-29-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

3rd post down derrick
Old 03-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

they both look like a bowtie/crimefighter/holeshot mix.... just to cobra looks more bowtie
Old 03-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
yes brad yes i have looked into it and we are doing something about it now .We are not like Novarossi who lets things slide like what they did when Go engines copied the plus 21 5 and 7BT engines 100% copy and Novarossi did nothing about it .If it was me i would have a had a patent in europe through the european union and the usa and made sure i would take to court every distributor that sold the engines i would have ripped them a new backside to be honest .but hey thats just me everyone else is different.

also brad thank you so much for your support and im sure you will be very happy when the products are in your hands in two weeks time .

regards Angelo

You may or may not be able to get a patent, depending on what's already out there in patent land already; at best you could get to the "patent pending" stage, but that won't hold for more than a year, at which point you either have to patent the concept, abandon it or re-file. Mind you, the cost of a patent might very well be cost-prohibitive anyway.

Why even bother with a patent application when you can use a notice of understanding and intent + a claim of right to acheive the same protection or better for a fraction of the cost?
Old 03-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

of course they are going to look like SOMETHING, lol! there are only so many functional patterns that can be made, im no engineer but im sure its unlikely to go too wild and crazy on a tread and it still work.. like someone else said, its amazing what a subtle difference will do! the two may look just alike and one work better than the other, and being that i am a little biased, i'd go for the cobra

lets not let this turn into a big mess guys, we can review the tires without name calling.. but on the matter at hand, fact is a fact, those are cobra knock-offs, i can hardly see ANY difference in the two? now that doesnt mean they wont work, that just means they didnt do much if any of their own r&d, looks damn near the same to me? can someone point out to me the difference? but they couldve at least had the decency to change SOMETHING, lol!
Old 03-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This reminds me of the panther switches... they are exact copies of Losi Taper pins from a long time ago...

RC Tires: Its all been done before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.