R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   HYPER ST OR MBX5T ? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/213665-hyper-st-mbx5t.html)

Dave_x8 03-24-2008 04:32 AM

HYPER ST OR MBX5T ?

a mate of mine let me have a few laps of his hyper ST truggy and i was gobsmacked in the way i drove it and they way it handled, i am dead keen on getting a truggy now but a friend was saying how about a mugen MBX5T, if i had a drive of one i could see the comparison between the two, any suggestions or opinions of the two?
cheers:D

mbx5rcr34 03-24-2008 12:54 PM

i would say go for the mbx5t make sure it's the prospec:nod:

Genius 03-24-2008 09:51 PM

Just my opinion. I like the Mugen cause its an extremely light nimble truck. The Hyper on the other hand has very good handling characteristics and is a very durable car as well as usually having good parts support. For me the ST is better value for money. Ever considered the Jammin CRT?:)

BOOST 03-24-2008 10:00 PM

Gee...that's a tough one....I would have to go for the.....ummm.....8IGHT-T!!!!:lol::nod::p

Dave_x8 03-24-2008 11:58 PM

thanks for the opinions,

ezveedub 03-25-2008 12:03 AM

Get a truck you can get parts for.

GenReaper 03-25-2008 12:15 AM

BOOST there is no way in hell hes gonna buy a Losi so forget that idea :]

Both cars he can get parts for, One shop is rather slow in getting parts and are a bit clueless IMO. Full retail price for parts. Hyper ST

The other shop give 10% discount to club members and have very fast parts support. MBX5T

I told him to get the MBX5T just cause the build quality is superior in every way and its light, fast and good value for money, especialy with the dealership that we would get parts off. Not that he would need many cause they are bomb proof cars.

Anyway i dont want to sway anyones input but they are the facts he has to deal with. PS he drives like a Madman too and is slightly new to the game, isnt that right Dave :D

PS: The ST was the first Truggy he has ever driven, nothing else and hes pretty keen to buy one before driving another brand for comparison.

chris c 03-25-2008 01:57 AM

I ran a new Hyper ST pro for the first time on Sat.

I was able to drop my lap times by about 4 secs(average) from a Losi 8 T

I love the way the ST handles and its a tank. At 10 pounds 10 oz it seems lighter(when driving) than my 8T

Go figure.............

My pick is the hyper....
PS i had a 5T prospec also.....i like the HO Bao much better:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

Dave_x8 03-25-2008 03:19 AM

[QUOTE

Anyway i dont want to sway anyones input but they are the facts he has to deal with. PS he drives like a Madman too and is slightly new to the game, isnt that right Dave :D

QUOTE]

yes im new and i do have a tendancy to use the throttle like a on/off switch, but dont most ppl? anyways, like genreaper said i can get parts for the mugen cheaper, and if the mugen is lighter and stronger, then i am already leaning towards the MBX5T, although i wont rule out the hyper ST until i drive a mugen, anybody trust me with their mugen?:p

losi guy 03-26-2008 04:51 PM

After driving my hyper st pro i haven't looked back. This thing has more steering than anything i driven and it's tough as nails.

Dave_x8 03-27-2008 07:51 AM

well, after much deliberation.... i have decided on goin with the helfire SS, great parts supprot with discount, see ya at the finish line:tire:

slaytanic 03-27-2008 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Dave_x8 (Post 4300487)
well, after much deliberation.... i have decided on goin with the helfire SS, great parts supprot with discount, see ya at the finish line:tire:

oops!

savagebeing 03-27-2008 09:48 AM

I still cringe when I see the word Hellfire.....

Good luck with that.....

Mugen or Hyper would both be a 10:1 favorite for me over the Hellfire....

KThatcher 03-27-2008 11:05 AM

Way to listen to all the imput... have fun with your muggy errr i mean hellfire....good luck with that....

pwnzor 03-27-2008 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dave_x8 (Post 4300487)

not a wise choice at all IMO, but hey if thats what you want.....good luck with it, just be prepared for a lot of stressful days ahead at the track and a lot of parts trips to the LHS ;)