R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dieseldog20 Send a message via Yahoo to dieseldog20
Default Spectrum Radios???

i have a question about specktrum radio system. in the pic is a "module" and the other thing in the pic is i believe a reciever. am i correct on this assumption. what is the "module" used for. i know what the reciever is im just confused because if you have a reciever then whats the need for this module you already have a anteana. im just confused. if i buy a spectrum radio should i buy these or can i just get away with haveing the transmitter and standard spectrum reciever?
Attached Thumbnails
Spectrum Radios???-spm1011-250.jpg  
dieseldog20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
Tech Adept

from what i understand the module is only needed for non spektrum transmitters. But if you buy the spektrum transmitter you will only need the reciever which will come with the transmitter
Spektrum DX2.0
maycam10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

the modual is for the m11 and other radios to use the spectrum. it goes on the back of the radios
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Diesel,
The module fits into a radio. Like the M8 or M11. You remove the 27 or 75mhz module in the back of the radio and replace it with the spektrum module. IF you buy a spektrum radio you dont need the module as its only for the use of a NON spektrum radio. The DX3r is a very nice radio and it has the latest spektrum technology....A great purchase indeed and for a limited time they are giving away an extra receiver with every receiver that you buy. Awesome deal... Hope this made sense to you...
underway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
Tech Addict

so i do not need to but the module and reciever unless i buy an m8 or m11 and what to run 2.4 ghz? right?? so if i buy the spectrum transmitter it already comes with everything that i need, all i need to do is install it on the truck and put some batteries in and go(more or less)??

thanks for all the help
Old 03-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldog20 View Post
so i do not need to but the module and reciever unless i buy an m8 or m11 and what to run 2.4 ghz? right?? so if i buy the spectrum transmitter it already comes with everything that i need, all i need to do is install it on the truck and put some batteries in and go(more or less)??

thanks for all the help
to put it easy: one is a spektrum receiver. the one with the stiff plastic antenna is the "sender" the one you put in the remote.

that needle i believe should fold too, or maybe thats just stock ones

T Lawrence is a scamming scumbag

Tonys Screws l carolinasrc.com l spektrum (?)
Mugen MBX-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:41 PM   #7
Regional Moderator

Yes, the module is for the radio/transmitter. Spektrum makes modules to fit a select few other brand radios, like the Futaba 3PK, KO Helios, Airtronics M8/M11. The receivers work with all flavors of Spektrum radios. The Spektrum 2.0, 3.0 radios aren't as full featured as the above radios, so that's why they released the modules. The transmitter antenna does fold on all of the models. It is referred to as a "rubber ducky" style antenna, since it is made of a rubber like material, and can bend.

I've seen the DX3R, and it is pretty nice. Haven't gotten a chance to use it, but the guy at our club that has one seems to like it. It is extremely light, and the user interface is nice.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:42 PM   #8
Tech Elite

I'm really sorry to hyjack the thread here but..............

If anyone wants a less then 12 month old DX3 Spektrum Radio with three (3) receivers. I got one. Just PM me. I need to let it go soon so it'll be cheep

Thanks thread starter.

British Menace
Old 03-24-2008, 07:46 AM   #9
Tech Addict

thanks guys for all the help this really clears up alot.